[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Finally got lucky and got a 6900XT direct from AMD, only took a year and a half!
Prices are dropping fast now. Scalper market is pretty much done, so I'd expect this thing on sale with a discount in 2 months or so :).
I could've purchased the 6700XT this morning when I posted, but I already have a 3060ti, so no point.

Prices are dropping fast now. Scalper market is pretty much done, so I'd expect this thing on sale with a discount in 2 months or so :).
I could've purchased the 6700XT this morning when I posted, but I already have a 3060ti, so no point.
Yeah I'm expecting it to go on sale now that I have one lol.

Why are 2080 Ti's still $900-$1000 on Ebay? Are people mining on them?
NIB 3070 Ti's are hitting $700 these days damnit, this makes no sense.

Retail seems to be reacting faster to the market conditions and dropping prices. The grey market seems behind doesn’t it.

I did a quick google to compare, I don't get it. 2080 ti can do 55mh @ 180w, 3070 ti can do 55mh @ 190w. I don't think that's enough of a difference to justify it. I think some people selling who don't realize lhr cards can do 74% of potential, or stubborn people who bought them at 2k and are too salty to sell them for less lol.

Retail seems to be reacting faster to the market conditions and dropping prices. The grey market seems behind doesn’t it.
People aren't looking at retail, I guess. Because everything was OOS for over a year it will take a while for people to realize they can go to Newegg or EVGA's website and buy a card (at better prices).

The 3060 on EVGA's website is still sitting there at $430:
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=12G-P5-3657-KR

Compare that to similar performance cards on Ebay like the 2060 Super, 2070, etc. They are around $500.
3080 10's are selling for $1,200-1,400 on Ebay, when you can get a NIB 12 GB or Ti model for that price on EVGA's website at any time.

Once the secondhand market catches up there should be some massive price drops pretty quick. 3080 10 GB's should be like $900 tops on Ebay right now.

Last edited:

I’m seeing them still try on Facebook. Suspect getting people who aren’t following current pricing and availability on new stuff.

I'm finally tempted to get the card I meant to get way back when they launched but seeing how prices are even lower than a few days ago when I was first tempted I think I'll hold out longer.

I'd grab the 6800xt if I found it at reference MSRP but I doubt that will happen for a bit still so I'll wait to see how all the pricing shakes out on the higher end cards with at least 12GB, if it takes too long I might hold out for the next generation of cards but that still sounds like it's a ways off. At the very least there's a reason for me to follow the market again.

I did a quick google to compare, I don't get it. 2080 ti can do 55mh @ 180w, 3070 ti can do 55mh @ 190w. I don't think that's enough of a difference to justify it. I think some people selling who don't realize lhr cards can do 74% of potential, or stubborn people who bought them at 2k and are too salty to sell them for less lol.

No, a 2080ti is able to do it below 130 watts. I'm not saying it's not overpriced, but it's better than you think. This is my rtx 2080ti from my corsair one. This is just right under my old rx 6900xt.

1648166604220.png

When I looked, FHR cards are still commanding a decent premium. For example, 3060ti LHR is ~$600 on eBay, while 3060ti FHR is ~$900.
Most of the new retail cards are LHR.

It looks like my local Best Buys have a big drop today. App is showing all FE models along with some AIB cards at 2 of my local stores. I search for "rtx" then hit the "In stock at ____" switch. They will show sold out but the store should actually have them.

Even with stock being more plentiful every time I check BB none of the stores within 50 miles ever get them here in Florida when they have drops.

When I looked, FHR cards are still commanding a decent premium. For example, 3060ti LHR is ~$600 on eBay, while 3060ti FHR is ~$900.
Most of the new retail cards are LHR.

once eth goes away, LHR won't really matter much anyway.

Just got back from Best Buy. There was a long line when I got there 10 min before opening. A number of people had been there for a while apparently, had lawn chairs out. They were letting people in 3 at a time and limiting to one per person.

They had a decent selection of cards. 3080s went first, sold out by the time I got in. I ended up with a 3080ti FE.

I stopped by my local Best Buy and they had some FE 3080 Ti and Evga 3080 Ti cards left over from this morning.

Those b stock prices are absolutely garbage and in most cases are only $10 or so cheaper.
It seems to be they have like a few actually decent prices, but are gone almost instantly. No point really, unless you're already on the ball.

all their b stocks have been priced at like 10 bucks below new lately.
One day they actually had some b stock cards at the same exact price as brand new models and those brand new models were also in stock. I feel sorry for anyone that didn't take a few seconds to check the new card stock.

Nice and a 3060 for $430.

Add $20 shipping to the 3070 Ti and it’s about $40 too high for me. Tempting though.

Or maybe I should buy it before prices go back up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/25/rus...hortage-threatens-semiconductor-industry.html

TSMC said already this won't really affect them. Who knows though. Prices aren't terrible right now for a lot of retail outlets. I'd wait until next Thursday and try to grab a card from AMD's website. That seems like the easiest way to get something at MSRP right now. Low-end stuff though seems to be easy pickings if you wait 1-2 days for something to popup on newegg though.

Back