[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I got the same "offer", buy total tech for $200 and get a $300 discount (appeared to be for this item only).

So basically $100 off...

Grabbed 2 of the 6700xts. For $400 it can't be beat. Guess my wife will be upgrading her 5700xt afterall :D

You could always refund the TT.
And immediately lose the discount. I recalled reading their TT cancellation policy. something like you have 60 days to cancel; But the discount will be reversed on any products purchased under TT. In effect making it pointless to use total tech if you plan on cancelling it within 2 months.

And immediately lose the discount. I recalled reading their TT cancellation policy. something like you have 60 days to cancel; But the discount will be reversed on any products purchased under TT. In effect making it pointless to use total tech if you plan on cancelling it within 2 months.
Eh, that's what I thought too. Then some people in buildapcsales mentioned they've done it with no repercussions. Worst comes to worst I just return everything NiB within 15 days. Figured hey, it's worth a shot.

Eh, that's what I thought too. Then some people in buildapcsales mentioned they've done it with no repercussions. Worst comes to worst I just return everything NiB within 15 days. Figured hey, it's worth a shot.
I think you were able to do it for the first couple of months after they started "requiring" totaltech for some GPUs. But I have heard they started cracking down on that, in the past month or two.

I think you were able to do it for the first couple of months after they started "requiring" totaltech for some GPUs. But I have heard they started cracking down on that, in the past month or two.
Possibly. Like I said, we'll see. I'll be out a bit of gas money.

How are they going to reverse the discount after the fact? They going to charge your card the $300 difference without consent? Which would be illegal I assume.

How are they going to reverse the discount after the fact? They going to charge your card the $300 difference without consent? Which would be illegal I assume.
By you agreeing to the terms of use (You know that fine print most people never read), you are giving your consent.

Totaltech policy 13.C “We may deduct from any refund the value of Membership discounts, services or benefits already provided during the then-current term. The price you paid for any exclusive, limited supply item(s) purchased during Totaltech Membership is a benefit that we may deduct from an eligible refund if Membership is canceled.”

Honestly even if my wife decided to keep TT for any reason, getting 2 cards for $500 each is still solid instead of the absolute steal at $400.

IF you're in the market for certain items Total Tech is worth it. I bought it this year and got free insurance on my new phone. I'm getting a new washer and dryer which will get free delivery, installation and insurance. So TT basically has paid for itself already.

Why would the increase prices when the tariffs were lifted?

The article doesn't say if video cards are excluded.
The article provides a link to the exclusions and gpus are this one:
108) Printed circuit assemblies for rendering images onto computer screens (“graphics processing modules”) (described in statistical reporting number 8473.30.1180)

The article provides a link to the exclusions and gpus are this one:
108) Printed circuit assemblies for rendering images onto computer screens (“graphics processing modules”) (described in statistical reporting number 8473.30.1180)

So that’s good news right? Maybe they already knew so they’re cutting prices due to tariff exemption?

White RTX 3080 Ti's ( Gigabyte ) In-stock at Microcenter. $1699. I just bought one for my all white build
Oh wow .. I ran into Microcenter and priced matched it to $1499 from Newegg. Had $2300 credit in my return, ended getting the same performance as my 3090, but an all white GPU and ... AND ... $600+ in credit. Life is good lol. Think I will buy that Roland SP-404 MK2 I've been wanting. Thank you thread!!!!!!!!!!

The tariff exclusions that expired in January 2021 have been reinstated, including GPU's.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/us-reinstates-352-product-exclusions-china-tariffs-2022-03-23/

You might remember AIB's jacked their prices by 10-20% in response to this last year.
Posted this in another thread but make sure to check country of mfg. Nvidia recently lobbied to remove the tariff saying they and their partners were unable to shift production outside of China but that’s not true for FE. The last 4 FE cards I bought since Aug 2021 were made in Taiwan while the first one I bought was made in China bought April 2021.

It AIBs are making their cards in Taiwan or Vietnam they should no longer be taking those 20% extra margins hiding behind Trumps 25% China tariffs.

IF you're in the market for certain items Total Tech is worth it. I bought it this year and got free insurance on my new phone. I'm getting a new washer and dryer which will get free delivery, installation and insurance. So TT basically has paid for itself already.
Bingo, there’s some crazy totaltech deals along with free installation (to be fair some was already available to plus members), but on top of that you also get 60 days of return and price protection which is insane.

It’s a great marketing ploy to combat Amazons “best price first price check reputation “ because bestbuy will price match without hassle or hesitation for 60 days. I’ve used this perk 4-5 times this holiday season alone on Corsair DDR5, a vacuum mop, 12900k, and a few other items.

There is no better definition of shop with confidence when you know you will get the best price and 2 years protection for anything you buy from them.

Bingo, there’s some crazy totaltech deals along with free installation (to be fair some was already available to plus members), but on top of that you also get 60 days of return and price protection which is insane.

It’s a great marketing ploy to combat Amazons “best price first price check reputation “ because bestbuy will price match without hassle or hesitation for 60 days. I’ve used this perk 4-5 times this holiday season alone on Corsair DDR5, a vacuum mop, 12900k, and a few other items.

There is no better definition of shop with confidence when you know you will get the best price and 2 years protection for anything you buy from them.
Well there is a catch with the 2 years of insurance you have to have Total Tech active for two years. I'm not 100% sure I'll renew my TT subscription next year but so far this year it's already paid for itself and I have no regrets.

Best Buy had an EVGA 3070 for $669 minutes ago. Lowest prices I’ve seen for a 3070.

Managed to snag a 6700XT from AMD this morning. I would have liked a 6800XT but I'll take what I can get.

I wonder how much I can get for my RX 590.

6700 XT still in stock at MSRP on the AMD store as of right now, if anyone is interested. All the other GPUs have sold out.
Was the 6800 or the xt in stock as well? I checked late and only saw the 6700xt

Back