[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

3050 only goes up to 3070 Ti.
I also just noticed the 20 series supports 3050 step up. So... weird.

stepup.png

Shitty or not these cards will scalp for at least $500. People are also cheesing EVGA for step-up I assume.
It's either free money or a cheap upgrade to a higher-end 30 series GPU. No reason not to buy one.

Don't worry tomorrow the Shuffle will have them for $400-$500, with other bundled stuff. The usual.
don't forget the number of people who simply want a video card too. Yeah sure it's less powerful than a 2060, somewhere in the 1660 range of things, but when all the scalper/miner nonsense went cray-cray people were trying to get anything and everything they could just so they can have a system to game on.

don't forget the number of people who simply want a video card too. Yeah sure it's less powerful than a 2060, somewhere in the 1660 range of things, but when all the scalper/miner nonsense went cray-cray people were trying to get anything and everything they could just so they can have a system to game on.

Yes, I built a new PC but a $250 3050 would be perfect to put in my old PC, which is an i5-4670K.

There's a rumor the XC Black queue will open this morning at 9 AM.
However I'm pretty sure it was started by random people on the EVGA forums. Might be worth checking out if you're desperate.

On Newegg this morning all the 3050s show out of stock but all also say Newegg Shuffle Only.

sam

I missed it because well I have other things to do, but learned AAFES does online FE restocks. Anybody aware of what stock is generally like on those?

Does it help best buy drops to pick a different store from where you live?
Sometimes. It's difficult to know which stores will actually get stock or not. Early last year I wasted a lot of time with a card in my cart, swapping out zip codes trying to find a store within 250 miles that I could actually ship to. I don't know how much of a good idea that is now with the much more limited queue system.

Sometimes. It's difficult to know which stores will actually get stock or not. Early last year I wasted a lot of time with a card in my cart, swapping out zip codes trying to find a store within 250 miles that I could actually ship to. I don't know how much of a good idea that is now with the much more limited queue system.
I would assume the stores that announced stores that will have physical stock are the primary ones that gets shipments sent too. Which none of those stores were within 250 miles of me. I never had any luck with drops from best buy.

I keep hearing 250 miles. I was wondering if they only show you stock for your store or other stores?

Did they ever fix the queue system so it didn't rely exclusively on the client side to enforce the delay allowing scalperbots to just submit the request immediately after loading the page?

Did they ever fix the queue system so it didn't rely exclusively on the client side to enforce the delay allowing scalperbots to just submit the request immediately after loading the page?
I don't know, there's a lot of double checking now which seems to have helped. I scored a 3090 fe last drop, though it seems 3060 ti, 3070, and 3080 fes were still heavily botted.

Microcenter GPU availability keeps getting better it seems. They had every AMD model in stock today (6500, 6600, 6700XT @ $900, 6800 @ $930, 6800XT openbox at around $1280, 6900XT) and most nvidia models (3060TI @ $620, 3070TI @ $950, 3080 @ $1400, 3080TI). They probably had some 6600XTs but hoenstly the case was full of AMD cards so I didn't check everything. Not sure if the 3080 was a 12GB card but I think not.

I missed it because well I have other things to do, but learned AAFES does online FE restocks. Anybody aware of what stock is generally like on those?
AAFES sells GPUs? I was looking for them on there recently and only saw complete prebuilds for sale from some seemingly crappy builder I've never heard of otherwise and still marked up more than I thought was necessary.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked and still only see "CLX" branded prebuilds for 3k+ and with otherwise garbage specs like Zen 2 CPUs and small SSDs.

Last edited:
AAFES sells GPUs? I was looking for them on there recently and only saw complete prebuilds for sale from some seemingly crappy builder I've never heard of otherwise and still marked up more than I thought was necessary.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked and still only see "CLX" branded prebuilds for 3k+ and with otherwise garbage specs like Zen 2 CPUs and small SSDs.

Yeah they apparently do but the links aren’t on the site when OoS. I’ll PM you some direct links I found later when I get time.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I completely forget about stepup, I should have swapped my 3080 Ti FTW3 ultra for the 3090 version lol. Oh well too late now.
Step-Up value only uses the base price of the card itself. So you lose the tax/shipping you originally paid for the 3080 Ti, plus you have to pay tax on the 3090, also pay shipping both ways, including any insurance on your return card.
With two $1000+ cards that's a lot of dough.

Last edited:
I just shipped in today my overpriced antplace bundle 3060 for a 3090 trade up that I started in late Dec. vid cards cost too much nowadays :( Doing all this is still cheaper than the scalper prices though.

I just shipped in today my overpriced antplace bundle 3060 for a 3090 trade up that I started in late Dec. vid cards cost too much nowadays :( Doing all this is still cheaper than the scalper prices though.
How do they figure the price you paid for the GPU in a bundle for the step up?

How do they figure the price you paid for the GPU in a bundle for the step up?
They just give you the MSRP of your card, so my bundle was something like 750$, card value on their site is 430$ so I got 430$ off the price of the 3090.

Each item has an Individual price on the invoice
Antonline did not on my invoice. EVGA will not give you more than msrp for a traded in card. The cost of the card I sent in for the trade in was bundle cost minus msrp of all items in bundle except vid card. This ended up more than the msrp, something like $550. I did use that number as my card cost with the trade in, they dropped it down to msrp.

Antonline did not on my invoice. EVGA will not give you more than msrp for a traded in card. The cost of the card I sent in for the trade in was bundle cost minus msrp of all items in bundle except vid card. This ended up more than the msrp, something like $550. I did use that number as my card cost with the trade in, they dropped it down to msrp.

Did you have to pay tax on the whole 3090?

NerdSpeak just added a B-Stock tracker tonight, which means it's going to be even more impossible now.

Last edited:
Asus RTX 2060 12GB for $500. Meh but at least they are available to purchase now at newegg ebay

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Microcenter was full of cards again today. $1090ish for an asus tuf rtx 3080. $990 for a 6800 (still unsold since last week). And $1100ish for another 3080 model were the better deals I saw. The 3060s were about $500. I imagine prices will start to come down unless crypto prices go way up (please go up). I wonder if it's worth getting a rtx 3050 there and stepping up to evga's cheapest 3070TI model. ($610). That's about $300-350 cheaper than anything I see in-store.

The step up-eligible 3070ti sku is $830... not the worst but I miss the days of the XX70 tier being $300 cheaper. I guess in a world of $1300 3080s it looks like a bargain haha.

The step up-eligible 3070ti sku is $830... not the worst but I miss the days of the XX70 tier being $300 cheaper. I guess in a world of $1300 3080s it looks like a bargain haha.
I think the step-up inventory changes based on what they have available.

Asus RTX 2060 12GB for $500. Meh but at least they are available to purchase now at newegg ebay

used 6GB 2060s have been going for higher than that on Ebay, so I guess that's progress.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
yea I picked a 3050 today because I thought it said 3060....

ridiculous when you could realisticly pick up a 3060 for a bit more or even get a 6600/6600xt for less than 500

Back