[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

JFC, of course Asus slapping that "ROG" flag on it so they can almost double the MSRP, making it cost almost as much as MSRP FE 3070 (yeah I know those are unicorns now) but no where near the performance. Guess people just enjoy the Koolaid and the pretty stickers on their stuff (hence why glass case sides are so big these days)

Honestly would love to see some tests between the $249 version Asus sells and the ROG version

Honestly would love to see some tests between the $249 version Asus sells and the ROG version

Ars Technica's review "accidentally" had the OC firmware on the base model. They saw about 10% better performance after rerunning the tests with the proper firmware.

I'm thinking 10% performance for 65% more price is a bit ridiculous in terms of greed.

It’s the $120 billion a month and 0% rates (plus $8 trillion in QE and $6 trillion in stimulus) that drove stocks and crypto to insane levels. Since the Fed started tapering, bitcoin and tech stocks have dropped 40%.

Hopefully it’ll go on long enough for prices to come down, but I doubt it.
Yeah. I keep getting offered 0% interest for 18 months for amazon purchases. I finally couldnt handle waiting any longer and bought a Powercolor 6900xt red devil. Amazing card, but i have a lot of buyers remorse because I didnt need a $1500 card and broke my vows that id never spend so much on a GPU.

The ASUS Dual AMD RX 6600 XT is a WAY better card than I expected. For $540 and keeps up with the 1080Ti and 5700XT, I may have to give this a hard look.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9915/asus-radeon-rx-6600-xt-dual/index.html
Yeah, cant believe how power efficient they are too. Cant speak for everyone, but my KWH keeps increasing at an alarming rate. My AMD Crossfire Fury R9 pull 610 watts at the wall under load. My rig with 6600xt in it pulls 115 watts. Assuming 24x7 at 16.75 cents per kw thats $73 a month vs $14

Ars Technica's review "accidentally" had the OC firmware on the base model. They saw about 10% better performance after rerunning the tests with the proper firmware.

I'm thinking 10% performance for 65% more price is a bit ridiculous in terms of greed.
The chances that you could OC both to the same level is pretty high too.

All reviewers that got the EVGA card got the OC firmware on the base model.

Keeping a close eye on the 3050 step-up eligibility. If the 3060/Ti is eligible I might go for one just to step-up.
Currently the minimum is 3070.

If anyone else is after a 3070 or better it's probably faster than the regular queue.

Keeping a close eye on the 3050 step-up eligibility. If the 3060/Ti is eligible I might go for one just to step-up.
Currently the minimum is 3070.

If anyone else is after a 3070 or better it's probably faster than the regular queue.

this was my plan with my 3060 im getting tomrorow. Probably step it up for a 3070 or a 3070ti. its like 100 bucks more than I paid for the 3060 to do it.

The XC 3553 showed up a few sec after my post.
Black never appeared as far as I can tell.

PSA:
You may only enter one queue per VGA chipset. You previously entered the queue for a 08G-P5-3553-KR, which is also a RTX 3050, on 1/27/2022 6:05:40 AM. If you wish to remove the notification and replace it with 08G-P5-3551-KR,
please click here to make changes to your notifications.

Also worth mentioning, no lag at all on the website. No error pages, it was loading at full speed. I guess everyone is holding onto their existing 2 queues.

Same. The 249 sku has no auto notifiy but the 329 sku does. Not surprised since after launch the 249 skus will be vaporware like the rest of the 30 series cards base models. I went ahead and took the notify for the 329 card. Its too much for it but we will see how long it takes and what pricing does between now and then. My feeling is that it will go up like everything else.

I'm an Elite Member if that makes a difference but never did see the 249 sku as an option. I wasn't very early to the site though today.

I signed up too, for the heck of it. But I don't have an EVGA SuperStarScore of 40 buhzillion and I got my 3080Ti from the queue last year so I'm probably at the back of the 3.0 bus anyway. It will be interesting though- demand must not be high based on how smooth the website was.

I agree that the $249 sku is a unicorn. Based on the history of their previous cards, they will focus on the expensive version. Why not when everything you make sells instantly?

newegg has a couple $249.99 in the shuffle today, already started.

4 cards at $250, which is a good deal if you can get it. Not sure the $330 and up cards are worth bidding on, maybe only if you're going to mine or sell it to miners.

I threw in for all the ones up to the 349 mark for the hell of it. Honestly most people think these will end up being close to RX6600 pricing in the market so if you get one for under 370 its probably an OK buy in the current shit show.

I threw in for all the ones up to the 349 mark for the hell of it. Honestly most people think these will end up being close to RX6600 pricing in the market so if you get one for under 370 its probably an OK buy in the current shit show.
or stepup if you get an EVGA card

yea I went for the cheap EVGA one just for step up potential.
cheap or not, the price you pay will go toward the card you step up to, so you might consider the more expensive one for that reason, since it won't really matter.

cheap or not, the price you pay will go toward the card you step up to, so you might consider the more expensive one for that reason, since it won't really matter.

i know but I don't want to pay more for a 3050 either

Shipped from china by a 3rd party.
newegg.png

Funny there are a bunch of cards that are actual "MSRP" cards for the 3050 (that probably will be 'mysterious' out of stock for all of eternity after the first batch is gone), but when it comes to any other product line 3060, 3060ti, 3070, etc. absolutely none of them are close to that "MSRP" (and I get the argument of the unicorn price, etc point still holds).

Looks like just one model showing in stock at the local Microcenter.

Sorting by price and this is a nice example of actually competing with the 6600 on price and not performance.

C200CEFB-E4C4-4982-A3A6-DF0F59CE8932.jpeg

I apparently can't even get a shuffle win for shitty cards judging by the lack of notification of a win by this time of day. 0 for... Well, I lost count.

I apparently can't even get a shuffle win for shitty cards judging by the lack of notification of a win by this time of day. 0 for... Well, I lost count.
Shitty or not these cards will scalp for at least $500. People are also cheesing EVGA for step-up I assume.
It's either free money or a cheap upgrade to a higher-end 30 series GPU. No reason not to buy one.

Don't worry tomorrow the Shuffle will have them for $400-$500, with other bundled stuff. The usual.

Last edited:
Shitty or not these cards will scalp for at least $500. People are also cheesing EVGA for step-up I assume.
It's either free money or a cheap upgrade to a higher-end 30 series GPU. No reason not to buy one.

Don't worry tomorrow the Shuffle will have them for $400-$500, with other bundled stuff. The usual.
Hmmm. Didn’t think about this. Maybe I should sell my liquid cooled Amd 6900xt and step up to a 3090.

Back