[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

They’re doing in store drops again in warmer areas? It’s like 10 degrees here right now lol they haven’t done in-store since September, probably worried about medical emergencies.

Queue the JarJar GIF “Yousa said people gonna die???!”
OP said the tent was empty. Whoever it is most likely just left the empty tent there and will come back and launch morning to use it as a reserved spot.
If the store has cards in-stock, he's first in line. If not, he grabs his tent and goes home.

OP said the tent was empty. Whoever it is most likely just left the empty tent there and will come back and launch morning to use it as a reserved spot.
If the store has cards in-stock, he's first in line. If not, he grabs his tent and goes home.

Is this for Jan 27?

Yeah he's camping for the January 27th launch, RTX 3050 and 3090 Ti.
Unless something else is restocking between now and then? Console drop maybe.
wtf, someone tell the idiot to go home, 3090 ti is delayed and consoles are worth may be $50 over retail, unless BB parking lot is their idea of the 'Great Outdoors' :)

wtf, someone tell the idiot to go home, 3090 ti is delayed and consoles are worth may be $50 over retail, unless BB parking lot is their idea of the 'Great Outdoors' :)
Like I said the tent is empty and will probably stay that way. The guy is "cheating" and using it to reserve his spot.
He will probably check once per day to make sure nobody stole it but that's all.

He's doing this because the Vegas store had the 2nd longest line in previous drops, last time (Oct 1st) there were around 200 people there 4 days early. The "empty chair / empty tent" tactic was VERY popular at all stores. I got into a small argument with the people at my store last time. I even went to BB staff in the store and they told me there was nothing they could do about it.

Like I said the tent is empty and will probably stay that way. The guy is "cheating" and using it to reserve his spot.
He will probably check once per day to make sure nobody stole it but that's all.

He's doing this because the Vegas store had the 2nd longest line in previous drops, last time (Oct 1st) there were around 200 people there 4 days early. The "empty chair / empty tent" tactic was VERY popular at all stores. I got into a small argument with the people at my store last time. I even went to BB staff in the store and they told me there was nothing they could do about it.

Some people's children...

BB allows tents on their grounds. The ones around here will not allow any camping equipment on their lot. Guess it differs from store to store.

Empty chair/tent? How nice of someone to set up a comfy spot/shelter for you to be first in line out of the goodness of their heart. If they're not there, it's abandoned. Have fun.

Some would yes. It's mostly nerds (no offense to anyone) who have these empty chairs / tents. But on occasion there will be authentic thugs who will fight you if they perceive you as jumping their empty chair line. Been there done that. Thankfully the thug did not pull out a weapon. And more importantly, no arrest were made. That's why I stopped standing in lines at stores. Not trying to go to jail for fighting some asshole over a toy.
It is not nerds that are mostly camping out like this. These are 100% scalpers that know the system.

Selling the price down all to buy low again and most likely all falling in line for the 4000 series announcement. Then we start this manipulation shit all over again.

Doubt it this time. Plus it's not like the little amount of money they sent out is going to help any serious miner who wants to buy tons of gpus.

It’s the $120 billion a month and 0% rates (plus $8 trillion in QE and $6 trillion in stimulus) that drove stocks and crypto to insane levels. Since the Fed started tapering, bitcoin and tech stocks have dropped 40%.

Hopefully it’ll go on long enough for prices to come down, but I doubt it.

I entered the shuffle Friday and "won" an MSI 3090 that was $2650 on the shuffle page. Showed up in my cart at $2750. Fuck no.
Why would you enter a shuffle you have no interest in buying? I just don't get it.

Why would you enter a shuffle you have no interest in buying? I just don't get it.
I entered for several cards, the most expensive of which was $2650, then Newegg tacked on another $100. Hard pass.

Last edited:
so the card was 2750 or they charged you taxes and shipping?
The pre-tax, pre-shipping price in the cart was $100 more than the price shown on the shuffle page.

Sales tax would have been about $217 (on the correct price of $2650), and I wouldn't have paid $100 for shipping, either.

we got those too but... lol, no.
1643064656062.png

Finally can finish my HTPC. More than I wanted to spend on it but what isn't overpriced these days. Thanks for the heads up legcramp!

the big miners won't be dropping cards. they are in it for the long haul. you may see smaller miners jumping ship but there won't be a huge flood of cards.
Bingo. The metric that longer term miners are focused on is yield (how much ETH or other coin you're accumulating per day), and not merely the exchange rate vs fiat on any given day.

Many have recognized the strategy of accumulating ETH and never selling it for fiat ever, only borrowing against it (tax free). And for that long view, exchange rate (ETH being $4000 last month or $2500 this month) doesn't matter because 1 ETH is always = 1 ETH.

Last edited:
Bingo. The metric that longer term miners are focused on is yield (how much ETH or other coin you're accumulating per day), and not merely the exchange rate vs fiat on any given day.

Many have recognized the strategy of accumulating ETH and never selling it for fiat ever, only borrowing against it (tax free). And for that long view, exchange rate (ETH being $4000 last month or $2500 this month) doesn't matter because 1 ETH is always = 1 ETH.
How does one borrow against crypto without taking into account the fiat value of it?

Also, crypto-loansharks are a thing?

If you're trying for the EVGA 3050 queue, here's all the info I gathered:
There are 2 models, same as the 3060. One with backplate, one without. The two model numbers are

XC Black: 08G-P5-3551-KR
XC: 08G-P5-3553-KR

Using that information, here are the URLs where they will be available:

RTX 3050 product listings:
https://www.evga.com/products/Produ...ily=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3050

Direct product pages:
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P5-3551-KR
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P5-3553-KR

Direct queue sign-up:
https://www.evga.com/products/autoNotify.aspx?pn=08G-P5-3551-KR
https://www.evga.com/products/autoNotify.aspx?pn=08G-P5-3553-KR

Direct queue links seem to be working for now. Additionally, your information is pulled from your account, you no longer have to type it in! Here's an example link from their store:
https://www.evga.com/products/autoNotify.aspx?pn=220-T2-1000-X1

The release time is most likely 9 AM EST, January 27th. If not then, most likely Noon.

Before release in the morning, I recommend clearing all of your EVGA cookies and doing a fresh sign-in. Their site is buggy as hell these days.
Also remember these cards will be using the new Queue 3.0. You will need to be Elite to sign-up within the first 24 hours.

Last edited:
Back