[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

The new 2060 appears to be non-LHR.

https://www.pcmarket.com.hk/rtx-2060-12gb-review/

6r45jK4.png

I checked 6 minutes after you posted, all gone except a hybrid 9XX.
Wow wonder how that gets in there. Those are old enough to be well out of warranty or any sort of step up, unless they upgraded their systems and found some old parts...

I just got a notification on the

EVGA HYBRID Kit for EVGA GeForce RTX 3090/3080 Ti/3080 FTW3, 400-HY-1988-B1, ARGB​

But, it's not the kind of notification where they hold it for you. I was notified an hour ago and they are gone. Ironically, I plan to install my EK waterblock on my 3080 tomorrow.

Nice.... water cooling the current gen cards really does the trick for long term full load performance and keeps frames very consistent. Done some 4-5 hr sight seeing in MS flight sim in VR and it really stays very consistent at 60 fps 1440P 120% render scale.

Grab anything? I was out and missed it, wonder how some guys at Falco always get the 30 series, inside info maybe?
It used to be as long as you were fast, as in human-fast not bot-fast, you could click through checkout and get a card.
Now though, the site gets hammered right away and starts crashing/lagging for several minutes, which turns it into a lottery. Basically, if you get through checkout without hitting an error page, you win a card. It barely matters how fast you are since everybody is competing with the same errors. As far as I know there aren't any script cheats to skip checkout, you have to do it one page at a time.

There are browser addons that will automatically click through checkout for you. I wrote an AHK script to do it, usually makes it to the payment selection page before the site starts crashing and after that it's a crapshoot.
Before August though it was easy mode.

Crypto taking off again + people getting desperate for a card + people learning all 30 Series B-Stock cards are non LHR = Hammered store.

Managed my second FE, a 3070 TI but still feeling like a founder now lol. Nothing else.
Still see it in stock. Tempted, but really want a 3080+ to replace my 2080. Not seeing any FE cards above it in stock of course.

I'm curious do you guys just live on BestBuy (and other) sites? Or are discord servers notifications actually working to get you in at the beginning?

I'm curious do you guys just live on BestBuy (and other) sites? Or are discord servers notifications actually working to get you in at the beginning?
I was just bored on a conference call and happened to click over to Best Buy the moment they posted their RTX cards, pure luck.

Lol I accidentally entered for one of them stupid $600 cases they had in the NE shuffle and got selected. I got a little excited thinking I got the EVGA 3080ti. I did get selected for the EVGA 3060ti yesterday tho.

The thing with Best Buy is that they usually break up their drop to two or more times, over a couple of hours. So, if you hear about a drop---you can probably get in.

*However, today seemed small and maybe only a 1-part drop.

Evil Scooter im seeing OLED switches in stock at Walmart.com right now if you didn’t buy one already.
Target, as well. You might even be able to do local pickup, if a nearby location has stock. (its getting late for shipping to receive by Christmas. Especially free shipping. so I would recommend local pickups if you can).

Bestbuy has been doing in-store Switch OLED drops this week. I went today on the way to the office and picked one up. 2 others in front of me at 10am, but seemed like they had quite a few.

Huge difference in screen size and contrast compared to my launch Switch. Build quality, speakers and overall experience are greatly improved in handheld mode.

I mainly bought it for Diablo 2 Resurrected couch farming while the kids dominate the TV. Again huge difference as I can actually see the button icons and contrast for all the dark areas in d2r. Old unit will get reboxed and regifted to them for Christmas.

The market has spoken. $350 is just too much money to leave room for scalpers or demand outpacing supply.
Gamestop has a fairly light Mariokart bundle with a case for $430. I have a pair of pokemon bundles with case, sd card, headphones, and charger. Those were $456 after tax.

The market has spoken. $350 is just too much money to leave room for scalpers or demand outpacing supply.
I just don't think there is that much demand for it. Everyone that got a switch that wanted one has one by now. Not a real meaningful upgrade over the original switch. People are holding out for the Switch 2.

Last edited:
I just don't think there is that much demand for it. Everyone that got a switch that wanted one has one by now. Not a real meaningful upgrade over the original switch. People are holding out for the Switch 2.
Isn't that what I was saying? The demand is weak. If it were strong then scalpers would be taking these like they do PS5s.

bstock just now.

edit: 20 series now @ 8:19 PM. Site is up and down.

edit: 900 series @ 8:22 PM.

edit: 10 series @ 8:29 PM.

Last edited:
Yep carted a few but couldn't close the deal, atleast my 2070S FTW3+ from the last one is a good sample, 45.5 Mh/s @ 102w :)

Almost identical to last week. Tons of 10 series and 900 series cards. No idea where these are coming from anymore.
I was tempted to buy one of the 900's just to see what kind of condition it's in.

Don’t rule out supply, Switch is using an SoC that isn’t on a leading edge TSMC node so they’re not component constrained at all. The most cutting edge component is the OLED screen but it’s widely available in that size from smart phone ramp ups.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Switch wins the holiday season simply because it is available to buy while PS5 isn’t. Personally I find it’s a huge upgrade in handheld mode which I never cared for on my original Switch, but it also has double the onboard storage which makes a big difference for digital games vs the microsd and it also downloads and updates much faster with the wired LAN. Battery life also seems improved over g1 due to the small SoC upgrade from g2 as well as improved OLED efficiency.

For $50 more than the original it’s very impressive, although you’re right, many people won’t buy a new one if they had the old one.

Isn't that what I was saying? The demand is weak. If it were strong then scalpers would be taking these like they do PS5s.
Can’t compare secondary pricing for something that is readily available vs something that isn’t. The fact there are OLEDs in stock kinda means those trying to scalp them are left holding the bag

I still plenty of local Facebook Marketplace posts that are days to weeks old of people trying to sell marked up OLEDs. They certainly tried to scalp them. But as I’ve mentioned I’ve continuously seen some stock of in stores here since release. Not every time but often enough. I also suspect it’s partly because so many people who wanted a switch already had one. For me the OLED isn’t really worth the upgrade. The Ethernet on the dock would be cool but maybe I’ll just hold out and find a used dock down the road.

I’m also starting to see even PS5 ads stay up a bit longer, start having some marked down prices, and seeing more used ones for around retail to slightly marked up. Seeing the same happen with the 2-3 generation old GPUs locally right now too. Last generation cards are still holding high prices but aren’t being taken down or marked as sold nearly as instant as they were in the prior months. New cards just seem to sit forever as I imagine the market for scalped GPUs just isn’t that big locally.

Back