[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Screenshot_20211101-201321.png

AL = Alder Lake cpu launch Thursday the 4th.
Seems strange, usually when a new gpu launches, the whole shuffle is just variations of that card. You think every gpu is going to be in a gpu/cpu bundle or something like that? I was thinking Thursday would be all Alder Lake/motherboard/RAM/NVME drive bundles. Has the shuffle ever even had a CPU/GPU bundle?

Seems strange, usually when a new gpu launches, the whole shuffle is just variations of that card. You think every gpu is going to be in a gpu/cpu bundle or something like that? I was thinking Thursday would be all Alder Lake/motherboard/RAM/NVME drive bundles. Has the shuffle ever even had a CPU/GPU bundle?
Nah.... not a GPU/CPU bundle that would make too much sense. They'll do a CPU/Shitty PSU they're trying to get rid of bundle, maybe a GPU/overly pricey MB that's collecting dust on the shelves bundle, those sorts of things... or even better CPU/Same thing as the GPU bundle and a GPU/same thing as the CPU bundle!

Two days, right. More like 6 months.
I was referring to the Alder Lake launch, which will be the first cpus able to use such ram. Unless it's amazing most people should steer clear of this first gen of ddr5. I do think most people will want to wait a while to get the kinks worked out, that always seem to accompany a new ddr generation.

How reliable are they ? I'm looking for a 750-850 PSU as a backup for my unRAID/freeNAS I was waiting for Black Friday to see if any good deals drop.
I've seen people say they owned multiple for years with no issues and people say they popped and had to keep RMAing.
For me it's the warranty length. B-Stock is 1 year, any decent PSU is 5-10 years these days, paying the extra money is worth it for a brand new unit + long warranty.

Also EVGA's PSU's have been going downhill for years. If they were truly awesome PSUs, then maybe B-Stock would be worth it. But they're just mediocre.

Curious why the cards were shipped from San Francisco, it's not like they have any container ship ports here, nor manufacturing facilities.

Some companies are flying in their electronics. Sony is flying PS5's, for example. I wouldn't be surprised if GPU brands are doing the same thing.

Now I'm dying for more details, although I'm guessing it was more "towing away a trailer that was parked overnight" than "Fast and the Furious" but "RTX truck heist" does spark the imagination

Curious why the cards were shipped from San Francisco, it's not like they have any container ship ports here, nor manufacturing facilities.
A guess, but they might be doing the thing using "San Francisco" as shorthand for "Bay Area" when they actually mean "Oakland"

Or the air freight thing suggested above, that one actually seems more plausible given the state of international shipping.

A guess, but they might be doing the thing using "San Francisco" as shorthand for "Bay Area" when they actually mean "Oakland"

Or the air freight thing suggested above, that one actually seems more plausible given the state of international shipping.
True, and probably using "Southern California" as short hand for the bottom half of the state where the distribution center is somewhere in that desolate wasteland that people try to drive through as fast as possible on 5 when going between "SF" and "LA"

Flying is a possibility too, but I'd think if it was that valuable to fly they'd just do a direct flight... unless of course "Southern California" is just like central valley area, rent on a massive distribution center may be cheaper there.

It's a form of Witch Craft as to roll by the Over Priced Hoods should help up hold the Over Priced Goods ..but it sounds like Robbin Hood and His Gang from Fortnite hit that Truck .

Last edited:
True, and probably using "Southern California" as short hand for the bottom half of the state where the distribution center is somewhere in that desolate wasteland that people try to drive through as fast as possible on 5 when going between "SF" and "LA"

Flying is a possibility too, but I'd think if it was that valuable to fly they'd just do a direct flight... unless of course "Southern California" is just like central valley area, rent on a massive distribution center may be cheaper there.
Probably flew them into SFO because it was cheaper than LAX for whatever reason, and yeah, warehouse somewhere in the central valley makes sense. I would imagine many high-dollar components with short shelf times (GPU / CPU / Mobo / RAM) are being imported via air freight at this point.

I'm still incredibly curious how the actual heist went down, tho I'm sure we'll never really know. Couldn't find any local news articles about it so I'm guessing it was quiet and/or an inside job.

I'm still incredibly curious how the actual heist went down, tho I'm sure we'll never really know. Couldn't find any local news articles about it so I'm guessing it was quiet and/or an inside job.
I liked the one reply on the evga forums (surprised it wasn't deleted actually) that said something along the lines of eVGA just selling directly to miners and claiming there was a theft for the insurance money on top of things!

Some stuff about BB:

First off, if you're waiting on BB restock, go to this page and wait in the queue to make sure your account is Verified. Check the "Keep me logged in" box to skip this step during an actual restock!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-nv...gle-fan-graphics-card/6454318.p?skuId=6454318

Secondly, I went all the way through the queue on that card and still got the "250 mile error" which means the card is actually not in-stock and it's just bugged. Or BB actually does check for 250 mile shipping. Because the site still refuses to ship it to me even though it seems like nobody wants to buy that card.

Some other tips I learned recently to avoid bugs on the queue:
Keep something in your cart (you can remove it when you checkout a GPU). Gift cards seem to be the most popular.
Also, have the mobile app ready. Queue isn't broken on there.

I still have no idea if the queue skipper addon still works or not.

Last edited:
Some stuff about BB:

First off, if you're waiting on BB restock, go to this page and wait in the queue to make sure your account is Verified. Check the "Keep me logged in" box to skip this step during an actual restock!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-nv...gle-fan-graphics-card/6454318.p?skuId=6454318

Secondly, I went all the way through the queue on that card and still got the "250 mile error" which means the card is actually not in-stock and it's just bugged. Or BB actually does check for 250 mile shipping. Because the site still refuses to ship it to me even though it seems like nobody wants to buy that card.

Some other tips I learned recently to avoid bugs on the queue:
Keep something in your cart (you can remove it when you checkout a GPU). Gift cards seem to be the most popular.
Secondly, have the mobile app ready. Queue isn't broken on there.

I still have no idea if the queue skipper addon still works or not.
I just tried it out, and it got me better times after several clicks down to 35 seconds. Then it just goes in a circle eternally starting over after clicking verify your account. Dunno what's up with it, but it's impossible to verify for me.

I just tried it out, and it got me better times after several clicks down to 35 seconds. Then it just goes in a circle eternally starting over after clicking verify your account. Dunno what's up with it, but it's impossible to verify for me.
My first click put me at 7 minutes. Weird for a card nobody wants.
I used the skipper to drop to 3 minutes. Then verified, then got the 250 mile error.

Back