[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

HK, which matches the email for the sales manager.
If it were me I'd actually email the sales manager and ask if he's aware of the site and his email being used. Because nothing on that site is conclusively legit, or outside the realm of the various pop-up scams I've seen before.

Put another way, if it's legit then they're going about it in the shadiest way possible.

Ok so did some digging, the main galax site has a US link again:

https://www.galax.com/en/where-to-buy

and that leads straight to the site above (where it keeps my logged in credentials and shows my order as processing). Think we're good regardless of whether the card comes soon or not. Plus I'm not gonna worry about something covered by PP and Chase worst case.

If someone wants that 3070 Ti you could do worse.

Last edited:
Ok so did some digging, the main galax site has a US link again:

https://www.galax.com/en/where-to-buy

and that leads straight to the site above (where it keeps my logged in credentials and shows my order as processing). Think we're good regardless of whether the card comes soon or not. Plus I'm not gonna worry about something covered by PP and Chase worst case.
That's a much better sign. My guess is some smalltime guy in Illinois asked Galax about "distributing" in the U.S., went and rented a UPS store mailbox. But he's just working out of his house and trying to get GPU's.

In general though its good to approach with caution new websites suddenly selling GPU's.

That's a much better sign. My guess is some smalltime guy in Illinois asked Galax about "distributing" in the U.S., went and rented a UPS store mailbox. But he's just working out of his house and trying to get GPU's.

In general though its good to approach with caution new websites suddenly selling GPU's.
Agreed and never ever use a debit card or bank transfers for purchases on any site, even if trusted, protection never hurts.

Seems to be a legit relaunch from the mfg., regardless of whether they are doing it through 3 guys or 30 in IL:

https://twitter.com/galaxyus?lang=en

Got a response to my support ticket that it should ship in next 3 days, think it's totally legit at this point but grabbed a screenshot coz protection :)

Non-LHR too. (y)

RTX3080_Order.png

I noticed this Newegg code: 2021EGGIEUPS took 10% off everything in my cart, CPU, motherboard, case, NVME, DDR4 etc.

Thinking of ordering the whole shebang:
5600X, Asus Strix B550-F, SN950 1TB, 16GB G.Skill DDR4, Be Quiet 600, Seasonic GX650.

Think it works on video cards cause it works on an in-stock 3080 gaming box.

Last edited:
Oof, looks shady as hell. Address is a rented UPS Store mailbox in an Arby's parking lot. Domain was registered only 67 days ago. I don't have time to dig deeper but proceed with caution. There are a lot of pop-up GPU sites that are scams.

The Galax USA FB page links to galaxstore.net, as does their official steam group (which was founded in 2015). Whois shows the domain was registered 9-23-2014. I'm not seeing anything abnormal there.

The address being a UPS store is a little weird. Last time I was through there, there were vacant buildings in that plaza. I'm not expecting to find anything, but I'm going to swing through that plaza next time I'm in the area and see if anything stands out.

The Galax USA FB page links to galaxstore.net, as does their official steam group (which was founded in 2015). Whois shows the domain was registered 9-23-2014. I'm not seeing anything abnormal there.

The address being a UPS store is a little weird. Last time I was through there, there were vacant buildings in that plaza. I'm not expecting to find anything, but I'm going to swing through that plaza next time I'm in the area and see if anything stands out.
Well my card shipped and will be here on Monday, CS also responded to my queries on time so even if they are shipping out of a hole in the wall, no alarm bells are ringing here.

Well my card shipped and will be here on Monday, CS also responded to my queries on time so even if they are shipping out of a hole in the wall, no alarm bells are ringing here.
Nice. The site was initially reminding me of some fly-by-night sites I've seen posted or discussed in discord channels last few months, but in those cases the prices were usually too stupidly low to even make sense yet they'd still get people falling for it. Or nonsense like "$79 electric bikes" and they only take crypto, and people will still have to ask "is this a scam!?".

Sucks to have to be skeptical and cautious but so many scams these days, and not enough people with a healthy BS detector.

Last edited:
Well fwiw it's just an ok deal, not sure if mining will be worth it with it being LHR, may put it up here for cost. Good thing is they do have a 15 day return for refund worst case and a 2 year warranty on the card, not the best but definitely a legit operation.

Well fwiw it's just an ok deal, not sure if mining will be worth it with it being LHR, may put it up here for cost. Good thing is they do have a 15 day return for refund worst case and a 2 year warranty on the card, not the best but definitely a legit operation.
I do like the clip on fan, lol. But be nice to have a Galax in the collection.

So it finally happened....I, an average PC gamer, after a year of being on the EVGA notify list, was chosen to purchase a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3. My first 3 series card after who knows how many hours of tying. I'm so happy 😭

Everyone here has been awesome in helping the community!

Last edited:
Best 12900K intro price I've seen so far, $619.99 BestBuy
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/intel-...0-series-chipset-125w/6483663.p?skuId=6483663

12700K $419.99
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/intel-...0-series-chipset-125w/6483672.p?skuId=6483672

Extremely unlikely we see scalping or crazy ebay prices on 12900k/12700k series because Intel does not mess around when it comes to flooding the supply.
I remember plenty of times Intel couldn't keep up with demand on higher end parts.

If anything keeps these on the shelves it'll be a lack of demand.

I remember plenty of times Intel couldn't keep up with demand on higher end parts.

If anything keeps these on the shelves it'll be a lack of demand.
People tried to scalpe the 11xxx CPUs and got nothing out of it. I wouldn't worry too much with scalping on these. Other then the initial batch I believe they will be common.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Was able to get to checkout on an XBox Series X at microsoft.com today. Got the out of stock message when checking out - it was very slow and made me log in twice, that was enough to kill it.

I managed to grab a Ryzen 5600g from Best Buy today. I could have gone to Microcenter and gotten it, but I don't feel like driving and the elite points will get me dangerously close to a 45 day return period, which is great for price matching. FWIW, microcenter has them if you have one in your area and they're 10 bucks less....but not worth it for 40 minutes of driving.

I scored an EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 in todays best buy drop, was able to apply my birthday coupon for a shipped price of $1305. The only other card i ever saw in stock for my region (NH) was the evga 3070 ti FTW3, nothing else showed in stock for me within 250 miles. I always keep GPUdrops.com open in a browser tab, heard that bell go off, and immediately opened my best buy saved items page. I scored an MSI 3070 ti gaming trio a month ago but eventually cancelled that prior to pickup. THIS one I will definitely pick up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPI
like this
Without the queue extensions working , people like me in major metropolitan areas are SOL again. Am definitely going to cancel my total tech trial before the 60 days are up, nothing today was exclusive to TT members who wtf is the $200 for?

Without the queue extensions working , people like me in major metropolitan areas are SOL again. Am definitely going to cancel my total tech trial before the 60 days are up, nothing today was exclusive to TT members who wtf is the $200 for?
Isn’t that only for PS5’s and Series X?

I scored an EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 in todays best buy drop, was able to apply my birthday coupon for a shipped price of $1305.
Fun possible-fact that's probably even unethical and nobody should do it because if Tim Bestbuy finds he would probably shoot your ass: if you change your birthday on BB you may just end up with another Bday coupon without having to wait a full year. I haven't done it personally, but have seen it discussed with claims it worked.

Obligatory "This is why we can't have nice things" - in advance!

Last edited:
2021EGGIEUPS
is tied to email addresses, click to checkout to see if it allows you to use it..
you can use it on basically anything if you get rid of free gifts or free addons..

i cant use it, guess NE doesnt want another 3 grand..

Fun possible-fact that's probably even unethical and nobody should do it because if Tim Bestbuy finds he would probably shoot your ass: if you change your birthday on BB you may just end up with another Bday coupon without having to wait a full year. I haven't done it personally, but have seen it discussed with claims it worked.

Obligatory "This is why we can't have nice things" - in advance!
My birthday is october 21st so i fail to see what point you are trying to make here. They sent me a coupon, i used it in accordance with their policies.

Didn't get a coupon this year despite being elite plus, dbags...last year's one was useless coz well everyone knows. And TT was supposed to be for consoles and cards, but all we got was one measly exclusive P5 drop so far...

is tied to email addresses, click to checkout to see if it allows you to use it..
you can use it on basically anything if you get rid of free gifts or free addons..

i cant use it, guess NE doesnt want another 3 grand..

Thanks yeah it works for me which is why I'm thinking of pulling the trigger - it says it expires 12/31 but they might pull it earlier.

I sent a message to the owner of the random EVGA Associate Code I've been using letting him know he probably has $500+ in EVGA Bucks waiting for him lol.
He hasn't posted anywhere in years so I hope he's still around.

If anyone here has a code and wants me to use it please PM. I'd rather the money go to someone here.

I sent a message to the owner of the random EVGA Associate Code I've been using letting him know he probably has $500+ in EVGA Bucks waiting for him lol.
He hasn't posted anywhere in years so I hope he's still around.

If anyone here has a code and wants me to use it please PM. I'd rather the money go to someone here.
mnewxcv

He’s been helpful to me and other community members in sending in stock notices, here and in discord.

mnewxcv

He’s been helpful to me and other community members in sending in stock notices, here and in discord.
Thanks a lot for the mention. If anyone wants to use my associate code I really appreciate it. I try to post evga deals when I see them and share my strategies to get cards when I see (see my step up thread or psu deals)

Back