[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

1634155473525.png

Except when Eth goes proof-of-stake, the entire market is going to crash and burn.
Powder keg waiting to blow.
Except that won't be happening until the middle of 2022, at the earliest, and there's plenty of other algos to mine that are profitable.

FWIW, CPU mining is more profitable than it has been in the past, so if you're holding out on a CPU upgrade you might want to just do it now. Prices are pretty reasonable across the board.

Ya jesus. Overpriced and close to $700 after tax for probably the worst 3060 on the market. That thing has got to have the worst thermals and noise levels of anything out there.
I mean if scalpers are going to get 2x the price the store or vendor might as well do it too.

FWIW, CPU mining is more profitable than it has been in the past, so if you're holding out on a CPU upgrade you might want to just do it now. Prices are pretty reasonable across the board.
So CPU prices are set to skyrocket now? So the question is wait for Zen 4 to come out or stick with Zen 3 even though that chipset is EoL for any upgrades?

So CPU prices are set to skyrocket now? So the question is wait for Zen 4 to come out or stick with Zen 3 even though that chipset is EoL for any upgrades?
Not sure. Will have to see if profitability remains high. So far it seems like it's dropping so it might not be anything big. I think it's harder to break into CPU mining in some ways because there's far fewer guides and you have to spend more on extraneous costs. For now, older 3xxx series Ryzens and Epycs are better than buying 5xxx series ryzens.

Not too terrible of a price, right?
MSRP for the 6900 XT is $1000 flat. I'm guessing $300-$400 premium for this model, minimum. Comes with the 2 free games as a nice bonus.
The MSRP is not $1000 for that card. $1000 is for AMD's cards not Asus's.

Reactions: DPI
like this
The MSRP is not $1000 for that card. $1000 is for AMD's cards not Asus's.
I'm guessing that's what he meant when he said $300-$400 premium for this model, that this model isn't suggested to be priced at $1000 by Asus.

I'm guessing that's what he meant when he said $300-$400 premium for this model, that this model isn't suggested to be priced at $1000 by Asus.
Well we all know AMD's AiB partners are jacking up their prices.

Tried the queue system today with four different browsers. Three are showing wait times of over an hour and one for 45 minutes. I don't think I'm getting a GPU direct from AMD today.

Tried the queue system today with four different browsers. Three are showing wait times of over an hour and one for 45 minutes. I don't think I'm getting a GPU direct from AMD today.
Even when you get in, you can't checkout, AMD queue is useless.I liked their old random drops better, was able to score a 5900x and 6800 at the height of the craziness, queue is a no go.

Last edited:
Only for pro members and if your aren't and want to become one... Well fuck you buddy. Been trying for three days and several emails and can't get it to go through. Apparently I'm not the only one as by boss has had the same thing for a couple weeks now.

Only for pro members and if your aren't and want to become one... Well fuck you buddy. Been trying for three days and several emails and can't get it to go through. Apparently I'm not the only one as by boss has had the same thing for a couple weeks now.

Even if you already are a pro member I haven't been able to get one to add to the cart on this release or the one without the headphones on Tuesday.

Anyone wants a 3070 TI FTW3 for cost, hit me up before tomorrow am. On the fence about getting it and will likely let it expire.

Last edited:
I'm done even looking at this point. If I were ever going to pay inflated pricing for one of these generation of GPUs, it would have been when they were new. A year out and still not at MSRP? Nope.

I'm done even looking at this point. If I were ever going to pay inflated pricing for one of these generation of GPUs, it would have been when they were new. A year out and still not at MSRP? Nope.

Yeah, don’t do it. I managed to get a 6700xt near MSRP in the spring after hours upon hours of my life wasted. Then, this Summer, overpaid to replace another card with a 3060… it’s fine, I guess, but I feel like the money would’ve been better spent on a cheaper used 1080ti

Yeah, don’t do it. I managed to get a 6700xt near MSRP in the spring after hours upon hours of my life wasted. Then, this Summer, overpaid to replace another card with a 3060… it’s fine, I guess, but I feel like the money would’ve been better spent on a cheaper used 1080ti
They may have been cheaper at the time. But right now, used 1080ti are going for $500 - $700.

Most I might do is grab one at the inflated prices if Amazon offers one on their five month payment plan. It will make it much easier to stomach

I bit on a EVGA 3080 ti hydro copper on ebay last night. With the upcoming holidays and expected further/continuing shortages I did not want to wait any longer.

If I had not stumbled on the ebay sale I would have probably locked in the Asrock 6900xt from the egg.

Back