[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I just got ups details for the evga 3080ti. Idk what I am going to do with it tho. I have a 3080 non LHR mining right now and don't think I want to swap it out. Might just offer it up here.

I just got ups details for the evga 3080ti. Idk what I am going to do with it tho. I have a 3080 non LHR mining right now and don't think I want to swap it out. Might just offer it up here.
I'm sure someone would appreciate it. I did the same with mine.

I was telling someone on Discord yesterday (who also received a 3080 Ti notify from the EVGA queue) that those queues seemed to be moving a lot quicker than the 3080 queues based on what I've seen in this thread and elsewhere. I managed to get a 3090 for MSRP pre-tariff increase thanks to a very gracious member here, but I stayed in the queue for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming in the hopes that I could pass it on to someone in need. Me and seemingly countless other people are still waiting to be notified about the 3080s, while the 3080 Ti notifications seem to be moving along nicely in comparison. My only guess is that the cost difference put a lot of people off and the number of people in line for a 3080 Ti is substantially less? Either that or EVGA started focusing production heavily in favor of the Ti. Who knows. Either way, congrats and I'm sure it would be appreciated if you offered it up here. (y) I plan to do the same if my notification ever hits.

I signed up for a 3080 at EVGA on June 6th.. Finally was able to purchase yesterday.. I had also just purchased a Zotac 3080 based on the above post, but it was $400 more expensive.. And I had a friend get me a 3080Ti at Microcenter in Dallas on Wednesday.. I should have done a bit more research into price, but at over $2100 out the door for a 2080Ti when a 2080 can be had for $1000... or 3090 for less than the 2080Ti... I am returning both unopened zotacs.. Over priced..

I'm definitely interested so I could return the overpriced zotac, haha.

Waited 24 hours at my store. When I arrived, there were about 5 people there, 3 tents empty and 20 chairs empty. I asked about kicking out the ghosts and the 5 people there told me they were a group of friends on rotation. I was #40 on the list.

At 4 PM the person at the front of the line (list keeper) said they would do roll call at 6 PM to eliminate ghosts. Well they all called their friends, by 6 PM they were all there. 40 full seats, maybe more. The roll call eliminated 2 random people who abandoned their tent directly in front of me. They never came back.

Some stock app tells us there are 132 cards available, 31 of them are 3080s. Good number. Morning rolls around, staff tells us they won't use the list -- chaos erupts. People are cutting, accusing each other of being a ghost and showing up late, etc. By this point I am around 50th in line... Keep in mind if people played by the rules, I would be around 5-10 somewhere. One guy 5 spots up offers to let me cut since he was there the entire time and knew I sat on my ass in front of that store for 24 hours. I turn him down since it's not fair to everyone else there who didn't cheat. At this point I figure I'm not getting a 3080 anyway so it doesn't matter.

Turns out... ONLY 5 3080's! A handful of other models and 90+ 3070 Ti's. They also had a bunch of LHR AIB cards. I ended up with a 3070 and a rough sunburn and I am most likely going to scalp this since it's not a 3080 and I need something to redeem this miserable experience. I didn't get a 3060 Ti due to all the line cutters and staff forced the line out of an awning and into the sun, which I didn't anticipate, otherwise I would've brought sunscreen. The last 2 times they let us sit in the shade.

The July 20th event was 1000x better. I imagine whatever comes next will be even worse. It's war out there.

To reiterate: There are people who just camped 48-72 hours in front of my store and didn't get a 3080.

Last edited:
Ouch. Yeah, that's why I could never do this shit. I would be furious as it is by all the empty chairs claiming "friends". I'll be like "your friends have an hour to get back here, if they're taking a shit or getting food fine" but they need to wait in line... and then I"d probably get stabbed or shot... which is why I would never do that shit.

Personally I like the whole "we're not using a list" bit, like "hey we own the store, not you, we make the rules"

I just want a 6700 or 6800 or 3060Ti for a not stupid price. Is that too much to ask? (Rhetorical... I know the answer is "yes")

EDIT:

Looks like the Zotac store has 3070's, 3080's and 3090's in stock right now. $40 for ground shipping though... wow.

Last edited:
I have an extra notify too for the 3080 TI FTW3 , hit me up in the next 2 hours if anyone wants it.
If he passes or if anyone else gets a notification and passes let me know, I think getting one 3080 ti at this point makes more sense than the crazy scalper prices. I'm also thinking my queue is broken, haha

If he passes or if anyone else gets a notification and passes let me know, I think getting one 3080 ti at this point makes more sense than the crazy scalper prices. I'm also thinking my queue is broken, haha
Claimed, apologies. GL fwiw there is not much of a resell market for these so someone should be willing to help you out soon.

Claimed, apologies. GL fwiw there is not much of a resell market for these so someone should be willing to help you out soon.
Really np! yeah, I'm planning on using so that's really good news to even have a chance, hoping to possibly return the Zotac purchase or just give to family member with how crazy this has been getting. I'd buy a 3090 even vs paying the super high scalper prices. If I end up getting one at a reasonable price eventually and evga finally comes through on the queue I think selling here at cost is definitely nice idea.

I signed up for a 3080 at EVGA on June 6th.. Finally was able to purchase yesterday.. I had also just purchased a Zotac 3080 based on the above post, but it was $400 more expensive.. And I had a friend get me a 3080Ti at Microcenter in Dallas on Wednesday.. I should have done a bit more research into price, but at over $2100 out the door for a 2080Ti when a 2080 can be had for $1000... or 3090 for less than the 2080Ti... I am returning both unopened zotacs.. Over priced..
Wait, how did you get an evga 3080 from the queue with a June 2021 sign up? I thought they were still in October 2020?

Micro center in Fairfax, VA has few MSI 3090 for 2.3k, 3070, and the best deal yet here is the 3060ti for $500. They still have 4 or 5 in case when i picked up 1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-140658_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-140658_Email.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
Micro center in Fairfax, VA has few MSI 3090 for 2.3k, 3070, and the best deal yet here is the 3060ti for $500. They still have 4 or 5 in case when i picked up 1.
That's a solid price in the current market. Great pick up

So I was wrong. June 29th I got an email saying they moved me from one queue to another. After some searching.. OMFG. It was a year ago..

10G-P5-3897-KL10/6/2020 9:38:47 PM PTYes

BTW. FWIW my Zotac order which was $1349 for a ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo LHR... They state that they charge 15% restocking, after inquiring if I refuse delivery / don't open.. They will refund all of it.. I just could not see spending $2100 after tax for a 3080Ti from Microcenter, then $1350 from zotac for a 3080... Then I got the evga (3080) for $909..... The fact that zotac is marking their stuff up so much.. Guess they can.. But damn, at least EVGA is not doing it.. Even Best Buy has the blower 3090 for $1499... Oh well. Rant over.. Thank you so much undertaker2k8 .. Now I will have a 3080Ti for my flight sim.. Enjoy the photo..Hopefully I can leverage a single CPU with triple head video to projectors to keep the lag down from the side screens.. (maybe turn those eventually into passenger windows :p)

S0ikEEWW6PdUFxvh_-qKhR-w=w1854-h1390-no?authuser=0.jpg

BTW. FWIW my Zotac order which was $1349 for a ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo LHR... They state that they charge 15% restocking, after inquiring if I refuse delivery / don't open.. They will refund all of it.. I just could not see spending $2100 after tax for a 3080Ti from Microcenter, then $1350 from zotac for a 3080... Then I got the evga (3080) for $909..... The fact that zotac is marking their stuff up so much.. Guess they can.. But damn, at least EVGA is not doing it.. Even Best Buy has the blower 3090 for $1499... Oh well. Rant over.. Thank you so much undertaker2k8 .. Now I will have a 3080Ti for my flight sim.. Enjoy the photo..Hopefully I can leverage a single CPU with triple head video to projectors to keep the lag down from the side screens.. (maybe turn those eventually into passenger windows :p)

View attachment 399266
Now I need to hand deliver that card to test out the sim ... :)

I bit the bullet on the same Zotac card.. however was able to sell my current 3070 to offset the cost.. so it was more like $400.. toasty card too.. I love the performance so far though.

Reactions: DPI
like this

View attachment 399266
Nice setup! So I ordered a card through zotac just a 3070 and UPS just left it at the door w/o signature even though it was supposed to be signed for per the order/zotac. I've been home all day and they didn't even ring/knock etc.

So whenever yours might be on the way just keep an eye out if you decide to refuse it etc.

Nice setup! So I ordered a card through zotac just a 3070 and UPS just left it at the door w/o signature even though it was supposed to be signed for per the order/zotac. I've been home all day and they didn't even ring/knock etc.

So whenever yours might be on the way just keep an eye out if you decide to refuse it etc.

Ups isn't doing signature verification still, though they are supposed to make sure you get the package (i.e. hand to you) if the signature verification service is selected.

You can refuse a package up to... Five? Days after you receive it with UPS if I recall correctly. Just don't open it and it should go on back.

Ups isn't doing signature verification still, though they are supposed to make sure you get the package (i.e. hand to you) if the signature verification service is selected.

You can refuse a package up to... Five? Days after you receive it with UPS if I recall correctly. Just don't open it and it should go on back.
My UPS guy hasn’t once “made sure” in the last 18+ months, i work from home so its not a big deal to me but only person who’s ever made sure to make eye contact is FedEx signed - I’m in the DMV area and have tens of “signatures” thats just the guy writing “Covid” and peace-ing out

UPS is definitely doing signature verification for some shipments, Sony required it for my PS5. Didn't hear the guy and had to go to the store and sign for it the next day when he dropped it off there.

My UPS guy hasn’t once “made sure” in the last 18+ months, i work from home so its not a big deal to me but only person who’s ever made sure to make eye contact is FedEx signed - I’m in the DMV area and have tens of “signatures” thats just the guy writing “Covid” and peace-ing out
I hav never been asked for a signature on any deliveries be it ups, USPS it FedEx. They always dump and run. Not even knocking or running the bell. Hell FedEx left my my $1000 monitor half way down my walk way once in the rain. It was not reboxed just shipped in it's packaging for the world too see.

I hav never been asked for a signature on any deliveries be it ups, USPS it FedEx. They always dump and run. Not even knocking or running the bell. Hell FedEx left my my $1000 monitor half way down my walk way once in the rain. It was not reboxed just shipped in it's packaging for the world too see.
You've never had to sign the digital touchpad thing? Some packages from EVGA.com require adult signatures, one UPS guy asked my name and ID'd my birthday to make sure.

ups-10.jpg

You've never had to sign the digital touchpad thing? Some packages from EVGA.com require adult signatures, one UPS guy asked my name and ID'd my birthday to make sure.

View attachment 400051
I haven't done that in ages at home. I recently got a RMA from EVGA and it was left at my door. I have a 3080ti coming from them this week and I guarantee they wont ask for a signature. I do the receiving at work and almost never have to sign for anything. Fedex once in a while will require me to do it.

It was up to the discretion of the driver until end of June (per https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page), so if you had a driver that was both covid-cautious and/or overworked (my guy runs 10 hour days), you’d never get the chance to sign. I guess they recalled that rule recently-ish, but I had a newegg shuffle that I won dropped off no sig and Newegg’s receipt shows Sig required so … guess its very ymmv

Back