[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Link to check if your local store will have the wonderful and unparalleled Playstation 5. Tickets will be handed out at 7:30AM.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp-video-games/next-gen-consoles-event/pcmcat1632156747229.c?id=pcmcat1632156747229&irclickid=Xv41K:Sz5zeSUd:1qM1JzzR4UkBV3FRRUTfXy80&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=Vox Media&acampID=0&mpid=482924

1632345410496.png

Last edited:
Why would they care? In the end as long as they are getting paid, I doubt they give 2 cents. This in store only policy is purely for PR purposes.
They probably do care, at some minor level. A scalper isn't going to buy games, or other accessories at the store, they only want the big money item. Someone who's going to enjoy it for themselves are much more likely to buy games, and create a further revenue stream even if many games are digitally sold. Basically the same reason why Microcenter has plenty of "in store only" deals, they want the customers in there so they may potentially buy more stuff, where as they could make the same amount of money on said items if they also sold online.

In store only drops are the worst, queue up 12 hours for a GPU or console? At that point, scalped prices are cheaper if you value your time.
The thing is while I do value my time, no one else is going to pay me money for my time unless it's during working hours. That said, I won't queue up for other reasons than valuing my time, maybe if I was younger, single, no kids I probably would because fuck it what else am I going to do all night long? Complain about not getting a card/console on websites :D :D :D

I'd pay 1500 for a PS5 before I did this ^ The one 3 miles away isn't even on the list, guess saved me 15-30 mins of a curiosity drive.
Who the hell would camp out over night for a PS5. You really only making $200~ if you scalp it at best.

I've gotten 7 ps5's and only 4 gpu's. I stopped getting ps5's because I got all my friends/family have one.

Friends are still looking for gpu's on the other hand.

Last edited:
$200 for a night of sitting is pretty good pay for many people I'm guessing
Or $500-700 for anyone with the "extremely high intellect!" to sit on it a couple months.

SmartSelect_20210922-205802_Chrome.jpg

Seriously don't be shocked to see $1200-1500 PS5 and $1300-1600 Xbox Halo Edition on eBay the last two weeks before xmas. The data I track suggests a retail bloodbath.

Last edited:
Or $500-700 for anyone with the "extremely high intellect!" to sit on it a couple months.

View attachment 397236

Seriously don't be shocked to see $1200-1500 PS5 and $1300-1600 Xbox Halo Edition on eBay the last two weeks before xmas. The data I track suggests a retail bloodbath.

Precisely why I'm holding on to my other ps5.

Amd shit show again, granted only had 6 tabs open on my mobile but all I got was a 25 min wait for nothing.Got to just give up on this...

View attachment 397236

Oh, the ports in California are logged jammed. Retail availability of a lot of things from Asia will dry up soon.

Anyone make a successful trek to Best Buy this morning?
Really wish I could but my wife would be none too happy me leaving our 5 year old at home alone just to go stand in line for a chance to buy something which is probably over priced :D

I feel for everyone trying to get this stuff these days. Maybe in 2023 or 24 it will calm down.

I feel for everyone trying to get this stuff these days. Maybe in 2023 or 24 it will calm down.
Sadly you may not be far off. Outside the demand of consoles and graphics cards the semicoductor shortage is hitting the auto industry hard and it is affecting the semi-truck industry as well. There is a 6 month national backlog for certain parts for semi-trucks and we are in the prime maintenance season for semis with winter around the corner.

This is interesting. Looks like Walmart may have had it, and is considering switching to in-store perhaps for the same reasons as BestBuy.

unknown.png

Last edited:
I've gotten 7 ps5's and only 4 gpu's. I stopped getting ps5's because I got all my friends/family have one.

Friends are still looking for gpu's on the other hand.

like what? ever since they did the LHR there are cards to be had much easier now. I've won 5 newegg shuffles in 2 months before the LHR nonsense came out so it's surely easier now, especially if you have other people working the shuffle for you then you just pay them if they win your item for you... Seen cards on newegg and amazon in stock.... idk, just doesn't seem too hard, unless for some reason they MUST have some one specific model for some odd reason, then they can wait......

like what? ever since they did the LHR there are cards to be had much easier now. I've won 5 newegg shuffles in 2 months before the LHR nonsense came out so it's surely easier now, especially if you have other people working the shuffle for you then you just pay them if they win your item for you... Seen cards on newegg and amazon in stock.... idk, just doesn't seem too hard, unless for some reason they MUST have some one specific model for some odd reason, then they can wait......
Yes. The only cards that are some what hard to get still are 3080. I can normally walk in and get something at MC.

I've won one newegg shuffle once in the last few months (one account, one email address, one address). At least it was a good one (eagle rtx 3080ti /w bundled mobo (gigabyte ud590). Seeing cards in stock on amazon at msrp is one thing. Getting it through the cart is another.

The most coveted cards are still pretty difficult to get, 3080's.

LHR Zotac 3070 at 860+shipping / 3070ti at 1050+shipping are pretty easy to get. Zotac also occasionally has 3080's in stock for longer than the drop (at 1340+shipping). They also have 3080ti's in stock most of the time, it's just 1900 dollars.

also 3080 looks to be in stock at this time (which is why I declined to buy someone's 3080 at 1350)
https://www.zotacstore.com/us/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-3080-amp-holo-lhr

I'm not disagreeing that it's easier now than before, because that is certainly true.

Also - I don't live near microcenter. Most of the population doesn't for that matter.

I'm also going to point out, that each of the ps5's were at msrp. All of them, all of them were not bundled.

zotacstore.com is live right now. They drop cards periodically through the queue. Right now it's a rtx 3090 @ $2600 or a rtx 3080 amp holo (lhr) @ $1350.

Is this 'queue-it' on the Zotac store new? Last time I tried to get something from Zotac the site just got hammered and was non responsive but this time it goes to a 'Queue it' page saying I have 3233 users ahead of me.

Back