[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp-co.../pcmcat1619723841347.c?id=pcmcat1619723841347

I wouldn't assume if a store isn't on the list that they won't have GPUs. Like last time, some stores may receive stock late but the website list won't get updated.

Calling or visiting local store and asking manager to confirm if they'll have GPUs Thursday may give you an edge.
Maybe I'll swing by after I drop my kid off to school for funsies. It'll be close to 10am, so probably either 1) a line that stretches all the way across the Golden Gate bridge into Marin county (aka super long line), or 2) They distributed vouchers to everyone in line by 8am and they are gone, but fuck it an extra 5 minute drive out of my way.

Preorder placeholder pages for Xbox Halo 20th Anniversary Edition have begun to appear on various retailer sites today. What an incredible, magical, and yes, wonderful time to be a consumer!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...38&ref=6467161&acampID=0&loc=ebs3613426055sbe

Release date: 11/15/2021.

1629928876147.png

Last edited:
Preorder placeholder pages for Xbox Halo 20th Anniversary Edition have begun to appear on various retailer sites today. What an incredible, magical, and yes, wonderful time to be a consumer!
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...38&ref=6467161&acampID=0&loc=ebs3613426055sbe

View attachment 388536
Personally, I dislike it when a special edition like this is little more than some line art which vaguely recalls the game's visual stylings.

Put Master Chief on the Xbox. That picture, right there.

Just like those Gundam Asus motherboards which.....don't have a Gundam on them....

Personally, I dislike it when a special edition like this is little more than some line art which vaguely recalls the game's visual stylings.

Put Master Chief on the Xbox. That picture, right there.

Just like those Gundam Asus motherboards which.....don't have a Gundam on them....

And not even a Halo drink coaster or toy space helmet included in the box. But the reality is these Halo edition will be going for $1000+ on eBay as we get closer to Xmas and children demand them.

Last edited:
Got an EVGA notification for a 3060 Ti yesterday so I went ahead and grabbed it. Hoping to find a friend or coworker to pass it on to at cost.
Also got mine a few days ago. Look at the wait list actually working!

Reactions: Epos7
like this
ye same here, especially since the one on tuesday actually had lots of "well priced" GPUs
It's like they're not even trying anymore. The fact that they have stock that they're sitting on so they can run their daily shuffle crap and system builder restrictions is obnoxious.

Ok 9:30 and the line is maybe 20 deep at the SF best buy. Now there are already people leaving with bags. Not sure if they handed out tickets or what not but whatever I can stand for a bit. I'll update later... probably with sadness :D

Not every Best Buy location that received FEs was listed on their website.

Fort Collins, CO did not show up as a CO location receiving GPUs yesterday, but I got there at 7am, number 120ish in line. They had 3080 Tis and 3090s left when they got to me. More than I wanted to spend but this should last 5+ years, hopefully.

Attachments

• 20210826_091621.jpg
    20210826_091621.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 0
Alright, disappoint hit... well not really. Disappointed I didn't get anything, but I literally wasn't in line more than 15 minutes before a guy came out and said they were sold out. Now if I showed up an hour or two earlier I probably could have gotten some of what is left over but I have a feeling it'd be shit like 3090s and 3080tis which I'm not willing to fork over that kind of coin for, but I have to drop my kid off at school so I'm out of luck on that front.

Did talk to the security guard that was there afterwards, and he said people were lined up since yesterday they did apparently hand out tickets, and he did say he saw some of the same people from the last time... so yeah scalpers still going strong. Me I have a life, so I can't stand in line overnight to make a quick buck and that's not my goal so whatever. But it definitely did have a feel like early on "I had it in the cart, and went to check out as I entered my CC# it flashed no longer in stock" type vibe... but again I feel like they didn't have anything I wanted, but again waiting 15 minutes in line is no skin off my back I've waited long to try and get one online FFS.

Thank you guys for posting that. I forgot about it and woke up at 0730, got to BB in Newport News VA at 0900 and the line was halfway to the corner of the building.they only had 3080ti and 3090's left, but I wanted a 3090 anyways. Waited 5 minutes in line outside and got a 3090 at MSRP. Hard to not consider that a win. Finally a single card that can replace my 1080 SLI setup that zero games take advantage of anymore.

Can anyone recommend a good water block for the FE?

Thanks again fellas!

Last edited:

View attachment 388536

Gonna keep an eye on this! I don't generally buy games until they're on sale, but getting one for $550 with a game I was going to get anyways is fine by me. TY for the heads up!

Gonna keep an eye on this! I don't generally buy games until they're on sale, but getting one for $550 with a game I was going to get anyways is fine by me. TY for the heads up!
A few retailers have already dropped their Halo edition Xbox preorders (Walmart, etc), but Best Buy has not, and there's anticipation that it may happen tomorrow some time (8/27).

Unless PS5 announces a surprise special edition PS5, safe bet the Halo Xbox will be most sought-after console this holiday season. Halo Xbox > PS5 > Regular Xbox X

Unless PS5 announces a surprise special edition PS5, safe bet the Halo Xbox will be most sought-after console this holiday season. Halo Xbox > PS5 > Regular Xbox X

Doesn't sound like something Sony would ever do.

PS4 limited editions
Last of us 2
Kingdom hearts 3
500 million sold ediiton
20th anniversary ediition
Spiderman
2018 Days of play
Battlefront 2
Monster Hunter
Dragon Quest
Metal Gear solid 5
God of War
Destiny
Ps4 gold
COD ww2 camo
Final Fantasy XV
Batman Arkham Knight
Death Stranding
Uncharted 4
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Disney Infinity 3.0
2019 days of play

With how easy it is to replace the side panels on a ps5 just pull up the corner and slide off idk why they wouldn't also offer them separate other than to keep some of them exclusive. Theirs already lots of options for custom side panels though.

Last edited:
Ohhh custom side panels... I might have to snag some black ones. I like the white controllers on PS5 but the console is white ... And huge...

when i click on the ever changing link, clicking on either playstations nets me being able to only buy a controller

i guess the only way to get a ps5 to gift to a buddy who deserves it is sacrifice one of my many gpus to trade.

tell your friend to get a job
He has one, refuses to pay over MSRP. I owe him for him spending ~ $5000 on me over the years, he pays for metal concerts tickets, hotel/car rental/flight tickets were also into anime and with his tax returns he flew us to Japan to be a weeb for a week. But would accept a PS5 as a gift and doesent care how it was obtained. Let's just say both him and I have some screws loose within our hobbies. And I'm his only friend. I can only describe the relationship as I'm SpongeBob and he's Patrick star. No homo. He's a console peasant lol and hates me apparently ( PC gamers in general) and I've tried to ask him if I could just build him a simple PC the answer was no.

He has one, refuses to pay over MSRP. I owe him for him spending ~ $5000 on me over the years, he pays for metal concerts tickets, hotel/car rental/flight tickets were also into anime and with his tax returns he flew us to Japan to be a weeb for a week. But would accept a PS5 as a gift and doesent care how it was obtained. Let's just say both him and I have some screws loose within our hobbies. And I'm his only friend. I can only describe the relationship as I'm SpongeBob and he's Patrick star. No homo. He's a console peasant lol and hates me apparently ( PC gamers in general) and I've tried to ask him if I could just build him a simple PC the answer was no.
Sometimes they are available in the newegg shuffle, I suggest you and your friend watch and enter for those. Additionally get on some discords, there have been a decent amount of console drops lately and they usually last a little while. Much better than gpus.

I swear I've seen a movie somewhere about this exact predicament.

1630098822848.png

Last edited:
Lol, I got excited on an email from evga on the daily elite giveaway recently (it wasn't a gpu/chance to buy one but just an accessory, still cool though... and glad I didn't miss the email - they do give you 15 days which is nice though). Definitely definitely better than what I got from Newegg (rejection emails at some insane number) and at least on evga they auto enter you if you're in the program.

Now that I saw some people getting emails on gpus and I finally decided to enter around March, I'm thinking it'll be another year +, Lol

Oooooh well, I'll have to stay on top of that email account so I can maybe buy a gpu eventually.

So evga 1 to Newegg's (-)100 or so score. Like it'd be cooler if they just let you stay on a list there too or auto enter you in the drawings (assuming the combo/price isn't silly).

Lol, I got excited on an email from evga on the daily elite giveaway recently (it wasn't a gpu/chance to buy one but just an accessory, still cool though... and glad I didn't miss the email - they do give you 15 days which is nice though). Definitely definitely better than what I got from Newegg (rejection emails at some insane number) and at least on evga they auto enter you if you're in the program.

Now that I saw some people getting emails on gpus and I finally decided to enter around March, I'm thinking it'll be another year +, Lol

Oooooh well, I'll have to stay on top of that email account so I can maybe buy a gpu eventually.

So evga 1 to Newegg's (-)100 or so score. Like it'd be cooler if they just let you stay on a list there too or auto enter you in the drawings (assuming the combo/price isn't silly).
Or you can buy a Passive GT 210 with a 3 year warranty and Step-Up. Just make sure the retailer is authorized by EVGA.

Finally won the shuffle again for a standalone 3060 msi gaming x, seems it's LHR (new id so 470.05 driver trick doesn't work) so no use to me unfortunately. Probably gonna pass unless someone here needs it (at cost).

Finally won the shuffle again for a standalone 3060 msi gaming x, seems it's LHR (new id so 470.05 driver trick doesn't work) so no use to me unfortunately. Probably gonna pass unless someone here needs it (at cost).

What driver trick?

Back