[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Not with RT it isn't, at these prices you want all bells and whistles. AMD's best value this gen are the 6800/XTs. The 6800 is now significantly faster overall than the 3070 and even the 3070 Ti, with RT perf being just slightly behind the 3070.
I have a 6800 and its a pretty solid card and runs cool

Those EVGA cards are the low hash rate variants. You may not care, but you may. I suspect that’s why the low price.

EVGA cards ending in KR are original purebreds cards.

The EVGA cards ending in KL are the new cards that have mining hashrates bastardized.

If you never plan to crypto mine there won’t be any difference for gaming, but most miners won’t want those cards, so after the initial scalpers have their way on the frenzy of new cards, the overpricing should dry up, and you should be able to buy them anywhere for retail.
Looks like the ASUS offerings today and maybe the gigabyte werent LHR since it didnt mention it

Not with RT it isn't, at these prices you want all bells and whistles. AMD's best value this gen are the 6800/XTs. The 6800 is now significantly faster overall than the 3070 and even the 3070 Ti, with RT perf being just slightly behind the 3070.

Not everyone cares about Ray Tracing. Just not worth the performance hit yet and likely at least a generation or two away from being a desired feature yet, rather then just a tacked on feature for them to advertise. But I do agree the 6800xt is the better deal.

Those EVGA cards are the low hash rate variants. You may not care, but you may. I suspect that’s why the low price.

EVGA cards ending in KR are original purebreds cards.

The EVGA cards ending in KL are the new cards that have mining hashrates bastardized.

If you never plan to crypto mine there won’t be any difference for gaming, but most miners won’t want those cards, so after the initial scalpers have their way on the frenzy of new cards, the overpricing should dry up, and you should be able to buy them anywhere for retail.
Those are more then the KR ones. They were $880 last time they had them.

The prices AiB are charging do not making them a great value.

I can't believe it, I won the shuffle!
Screenshot from 2021-06-29 15-09-46.png

It's a shame I got the bundle with the power supply, but I'll take it.

At least the EVGA power supplies aren't a fire hazard. You might not need it, but at least it's usable. Congrats.
I have an old Corsair HX850 as a spare. Maybe I'll sell that one off and keep the EVGA 850 as a spare. Yeah, glad it's not a Gigabyte.

Shuffle has AMD CPU's at MSRP - first I've seen from them. They have been ~$30 over MSRP, lately. I take this as a good sign conditions for AMD CPU's are improving.

Maybe by September we'll have an improved GPU channel.

In other Newegg news: This thing was still in my cart from earlier this week. 6900 XT still shows in stock - Lowest Price in 30 Days! And a $270 coupon for an even $2K!

OK, Another -$500 to go?

1625157451122.png

1625157601974.png

Shuffle has AMD CPU's at MSRP - first I've seen from them. They have been ~$30 over MSRP, lately. I take this as a good sign conditions for AMD CPU's are improving.

Maybe by September we'll have an improved GPU channel.

In other Newegg news: This thing was still in my cart from earlier this week. 6900 XT still shows in stock - Lowest Price in 30 Days! And a $270 coupon for an even $2K!

OK, Another -$500 to go?

*snip*
The shuffle cpus are still overpriced. $20 and $50, respectively.
1625158114812.png

I won the shuffle.
5950X
I realized after entering that it wasnt MSRP but $50 above.
I feel at this point thinking about it that MSRP or below is the price point Im willing to pay. I am done with the shuffle for now I think. The GPUs are overpriced AND gimped.
If anyone is interested in this 5950x let me know or Im gonna let it go.
1625169104190.png

Last edited:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...a12daae11ebbc7c9298aa0449350INT&skuId=6452140
Might be a lastchance to get non gimped cards. I would imagine at least that these are older stock and not GL version
Nice catch! But between me and you, I don't think full-hashrate cards are going to skyrocket, let alone see a substantial price increase. Not unless USD/ETH exchange rate saw some sudden 2x surge in price.

Not terrible for someone that needs something ASAP, but if you can wait a bit, I'd consider a "deal" on a prebuilt with a 3070 to be more in the $1200-1350 range. That's what I'd advise any friend.

I see prebuilt PC inventory counts stacking up because many suppliers and system builders overshot a few weeks ago before crypto experienced its retrace, so I'd expect some better deals soon.

Last edited:
Nice catch! But between me and you, I don't think full-hashrate cards are going to skyrocket, let alone see a substantial price increase. Not unless USD/ETH exchange rate saw some sudden 2x surge in price. I scrape and log tons of data both supplier and retail sides to feel confident in that, juxtaposed with other signals like Michael Carter's pre/post-EIP-1559 forecast models.

Not terrible for someone that needs something ASAP, but if you can wait a bit, I'd consider a "deal" on a prebuilt with a 3070 to be more in the $1200-1350 range. That's what I'd advise any friend.

I see prebuilt PC inventory counts stacking up because many suppliers and system builders overshot a few weeks ago before crypto experienced its retrace, so I'd expect some better deals soon.
I understand the Pricing and availability on the Prebuilts.
I cant say I entirely understand the ETH charts and what you are saying in that regard.

I won the shuffle.
5950X
I realized after entering that it wasnt MSRP but $50 above.
I feel at this point thinking about it that MSRP or below is the price point Im willing to pay. I am done with the shuffle for now I think. The GPUs are overpriced AND gimped.
If anyone is interested in this 5950x let me know or Im gonna let it go.
View attachment 371097
I thought that price was odd considering how they had them cheaper last week as well as the fact that availability seemed to be everywhere. AMD.com had them at msrp for most of the day on Thursday. Maybe that was the "pig in the python" and once it move through, availability dropped again.

Last edited:
I thought that price was odd considering how they had them cheaper last week as well as the fact that availability seemed to be everywhere. AMD.com had them at msrp for most of the day on Thursday. Maybe that was the "pig in the python" and once it move through, availability dropped again.
amazon has been dropping them every day it seems. IDK why newegg is putting them in shuffle it almost seems like its a mental game now for them. I think availability is getting much better for the CPUs.

amazon has been dropping them every day it seems. IDK why newegg is putting them in shuffle it almost seems like its a mental game now for them. I think availability is getting much better for the CPUs.
I wonder if AMD gpus will follow at some point. I really would have liked a 6800xt at a reasonable price. My incoming 3080 is going to be very nice though.

Yeah I looked in my shuffle cart and saw that price and was like, "why did I select this?"
Yeah NE has done some weird things, most notable the shuffle with teapots and random stuff. 😕

Yes, but expected delivery date is in August or September for AMZN drop sadly.

Yes, but expected delivery date is in August or September for AMZN drop sadly.

you get them way faster then that. Do the order and check it. Can always cancel. I have seen people get them quick. I think those dates are just keeping expectations in check.

I wonder if AMD gpus will follow at some point. I really would have liked a 6800xt at a reasonable price. My incoming 3080 is going to be very nice though.

Bunch of 6800xt and 6900xt notificaifon on Amazon daily. Been able to add them to card and got to check out. Don’t need them. But way too pricy for msrp. 1499 for 6800xt sold by Amazon is pretty Insane for xfx. Amd AIB prices are just plain insane.

So looks like no one is even buying the AMD CPUs in the shuffle. They been in shuffle all week. Overall another shitty shuffle today. I went to MC yesterday after work and they had a bunch of MSI 3090 for $2160 and gigabyte 3060 for $500. I didn't bite on any of them.

So looks like no one is even buying the AMD CPUs in the shuffle. They been in shuffle all week. Overall another shitty shuffle today. I went to MC yesterday after work and they had a bunch of MSI 3090 for $2160 and gigabyte 3060 for $500. I didn't bite on any of them.
Would have 2 months ago, but now Microcenter and other retailers seem to keep them in stock

Would have 2 months ago, but now Microcenter and other retailers seem to keep them in stock
Yea I would of also. I am only only interested in a ftw 3 3080ti or 3090 since they are the cheapest and I already have a block I can use.

Kinda wish newegg would just go ahead and send me pre-rejection emails just to save me time in the mornings
lol be nice if after we hit submit entry, get a reject msg right away, kinda like those instant credit card application. LMAO

I want to keep my rejection streak going until I hit 0-100, but I refuse to enter except for things I would actually buy. I've stalled at 0-77 because the offers have been such complete garbage lately. I think there was one this week I bothered with.

I want to keep my rejection streak going until I hit 0-100, but I refuse to enter except for things I would actually buy. I've stalled at 0-77 because the offers have been such complete garbage lately. I think there was one this week I bothered with.
1625237166300.jpeg

Haha. I gave up on the shuffles long ago. I probably entered 50 and didn’t win anything either. I had better luck in 6 month old EVGA queues.

Yeah. I won a shuffle after like 100 tries a week or so ago, but was at work all day and figured I wouldnt win so never checked email. Lost a 3070. : /

Stupid.

View attachment 371327
Haha. I gave up on the shuffles long ago. I probably entered 50 and didn’t win anything either. I had better luck in 6 month old EVGA queues.
Kinda wish newegg would just go ahead and send me pre-rejection emails just to save me time in the mornings
Enter for the overpriced CPUs and see how fast you win

Back