[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I somehow managed to finally buy a PS5 from the Target drop last week. Normally, I just get errors when I attempt to buy them until they go out of stock. But, this time it went right through on the first try using the browser on my phone. I have no idea why it worked fine that time, lol! I grabbed the new Ratchet & Clank for it and have enjoyed the little bit I've played so far. :D

1624389827950.png

https://www.evga.com/products/autonotify.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3889-KR
https://www.evga.com/products/autonotify.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3899-KR
https://www.evga.com/products/autonotify.aspx?pn=24G-P5-3979-KR

I just, I just couldn't do it. Let it go. I rationalized that I just don't need the card, can't feel great about trying to scalp it, and don't need the monitor. Looks like my next build is around December/January. When I checked the cart, the cost of the card was $2200+ (I can't remember the exact number.)

1624393362874.png

Wow Got an email from B&H about 3070 tuf reservation lol. And I had traded for a 3080 here. Don’t need 3080 for my son so guess really surprised got a 3070 via email lol.

I just, I just couldn't do it. Let it go. I rationalized that I just don't need the card, can't feel great about trying to scalp it, and don't need the monitor. Looks like my next build is around December/January. When I checked the cart, the cost of the card was $2200+ (I can't remember the exact number.)

View attachment 368350
Did you not notice the price when you selected it? Really consider only entering for products you will actually buy. Now this will go up for bots to snatch up instead of someone else who wanted it.

View attachment 368350
They wouldn't ship in same box, so you could refuse delivery of monitor and get the $700 auto-refunded. Yes this still works.

Did you not notice the price when you selected it? Really consider only entering for products you will actually buy. Now this will go up for bots to snatch up instead of someone else who wanted it.
I did. And I though, afterwards, no it's just not cool enough to spend that much. I did consider the 3090 pretty seriously but the monitor just swayed me out. But yea, I'm only in on the shuffle for what I'll buy now. Looking for the Strix 3080ti.

They wouldn't ship in same box, so you could refuse delivery of monitor and get the $700 auto-refunded. Yes this still works.
I had no idea this could work. But it wouldn't work, I think, if I was not home to accept/refuse. They don't normally wait around for you to answer the door around here.

I had no idea this could work. But it wouldn't work, I think, if I was not home to accept/refuse. They don't normally wait around for you to answer the door around here.
Right, you'd have to make sure you were home, and then watch the door like a hawk or have someone else. Could also leverage UPS's "see UPS truck on live map" option.

Personally, I'd spend the few hundred extra for the Strix 3090 over the Strix 3080 Ti -- it'll hold its value longer. I wouldn't even consider a Strix 3080 Ti @ Newegg's pre-scalped $1999 pricing if one was offered. IMO, either find a 3080, 3090, or wait a few weeks in case panic-sellers on ebay continue to undercut each other.

Last edited:

View attachment 368350
You would have a hard time making money scalping it at that price too. You would also take a hot on that monitor. From my experience people really low ball tv/monitor on market places.

In at 6:07 AM with no lines and no waiting. I'm assuming that means I'm not getting one of these.
7 mins in on those is not very good probably. Then again the site didn't choke on itself so maybe not many people went for them. They are low productions sku more then likely. I was in with in 30 sec so I will see.

Yeah, I slept in and didn't try until '30.. But put in for them because why not. I think a 3090 could last for years with a waterblock...

So how are we all feeling about shuffles at this point?

It looks like prices may be coming back down (soon), I'm trying to determine at what point does it make more sense to just keep waiting... If mining dries up we'll see a flood of used stuff but I doubt the high end parts I want (3090...) are going to get that much cheaper. Goes without saying, not really into the idea of buying a used $1.5-2k+ GPU that has been abused for a year either.

It looks like prices may be coming back down (soon), I'm trying to determine at what point does it make more sense to just keep waiting... If mining dries up we'll see a flood of used stuff but I doubt the high end parts I want (3090...) are going to get that much cheaper. Goes without saying, not really into the idea of buying a used $1.5-2k+ GPU that has been abused for a year either.
Prices have not really come down in retail.

I gave up around 0-76, yesterday tried once more for 0-77. I think you will see a small amount of used gear for the summer months on ebay etc., but it's still profitable and btc is recovering. I also think the scalpers are still enjoying their positions, so at best you might see some mining gear undercut scalpers slightly, but it will still be higher than msrp.

Prices have not really come down in retail.

I gave up around 0-76, yesterday tried once more for 0-77. I think you will see a small amount of used gear for the summer months on ebay etc., but it's still profitable and btc is recovering. I also think the scalpers are still enjoying their positions, so at best you might see some mining gear undercut scalpers slightly, but it will still be higher than msrp.

When you put it that way, I suppose the shuffle still makes sense. Selecting all the cheaper EVGA cards as a ticket to the 3090 step-up queue is still a valid goal.

BTC not really recovering. It been it dropped to 28k the other day. Down from 40k over the weekend. It slowly recovered to around 34k today which where it basically been sitting around at.

BTC not really recovering. It been it dropped to 28k the other day. Down from 40k over the weekend. It slowly recovered to around 34k today which where it basically been sitting around at.
Not sure being nitpicky here is worthwhile. It recovered from its little dip and as you said, is back where it's been sitting at. So no reason to think miners will panic and sell off all their hardware and abandon it. Now if we continued the plunge, and we were at 20k and downward from the 28k low of yesterday, then yeah things would look bleak. Sure it might drop again, but it isn't likely for the bottom to fall out causing a mass exodus of miners from the space. This is just the last week, which yes is a downward trend, in the short term it has come back up.
1624463379362.png

Not sure being nitpicky here is worthwhile. It recovered from its little dip and as you said, is back where it's been sitting at. So no reason to think miners will panic and sell off all their hardware and abandon it. Now if we continued the plunge, and we were at 20k and downward from the 28k low of yesterday, then yeah things would look bleak. Sure it might drop again, but it isn't likely for the bottom to fall out causing a mass exodus of miners from the space. This is just the last week, which yes is a downward trend, in the short term it has come back up.
View attachment 368632

I heard there was some sort of "death cross" in the pricing (or volume?) trend lines. Maybe that was just the latest hype in the news cycle, supposedly some sort of bad omen when reading the crypto tea leaves *shrugs*

View attachment 368632
I was comparing it to when it was over 60k

I only go for the EVGA stuff, and even then only when it's not bundled with stuff I don't want.

Holy shit I got chosen for an RTX 3070 :cry: and it only took a year.
After a year might as well just forget about it until pricing comes down to reasonable levels. If you waited one year, you can wait another.

Anyone interested in an Xbox X that I won in shuffle today.
I dont think I even checked the box lol

Anyone interested in an Xbox X that I won in shuffle today.
I dont think I even checked the box lol
Hahaha I got it too. HMMMM do I need it? I actually sold the one I got on launch. But then again the game pass works on PC and I got too many of them with gaming GPUs. I will probably pass and just put the PC in a smaller case and hook it up to the TV lol.

Hahaha I got it too. HMMMM do I need it? I actually sold the one I got on launch. But then again the game pass works on PC and I got too many of them with gaming GPUs. I will probably pass and just put the PC in a smaller case and hook it up to the TV lol.
I must have clicked it by accident. Nobody wanted it here and I osted in 2 places.

I carted a 3080 and a 3070ti. But could not check out and eventually, auto removed from cart.
Yeah, I actually had a 3080 in the cart, too, (same no stores locally with it thing) but the Ti is really what I want. The worst part about the best buy drops is you can never really be sure when they're done...

Yeah, I actually had a 3080 in the cart, too, (same no stores locally with it thing) but the Ti is really what I want. The worst part about the best buy drops is you can never really be sure when they're done...
Just went through the same with a 3070 ti. Got in cart. Could not check out.

Back