[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

so I got the 5950x that I impulsed bought and didn't realize buying with apple pay doesn't have any final confirmation submit order buttons rofl.

Tried to do an RMA for the life of me I could not do it and kept timing out for 3 days now and could never finish RMA, it either wouldn't pull up the order after enter order number or zip, or the page will just time out when loading, or after entering information for RMA it will time out, lol. So finally on 4th day I was like let me trying disabling wifi and try it on my phone and boom was able to do it over my LTE network. Almost felt like was being IP cock blocked rofl.

RMA on a processor? I can't remember the last time I heard a CPU go bad...

I never said it was bad lol. I impulsed bought it and couldn’t cancel it. So had to return it. Since Antonine just tells you to return stuff unopened and there is no way to cancel.

I never said it was bad lol. I impulsed bought it and couldn’t cancel it. So had to return it. Since Antonine just tells you to return stuff unopened and there is no way to cancel.
Won't they just send you another 5950x as a replacement? Am I missing something here?

Won't they just send you another 5950x as a replacement? Am I missing something here?

no I impulsed bought it and happened quick with Apple Pay. Couldn’t cancel so sending it back. Not sure why you guys missing that lol.

I got selected for a $1800 gigabyte 3080ti bundle but I missed the window by 10 mins. I forgot all about it tonight.

Reactions: flotz
like this
no I impulsed bought it and happened quick with Apple Pay. Couldn’t cancel so sending it back. Not sure why you guys missing that lol.
Because you said "RMA", not "return". RMA usually* means a replacement item will be shipped back to you, and most people say and write that when that is the purpose for the return. When it's just a return for refund and not replacement, people usually just say "return" instead of "RMA". This is why some people were confused.
* I am fully aware via Wikipedia that "RMA" can mean "return for refund", however most people don't say RMA in that specific case - they just say "return".

Because you said "RMA", not "return". RMA usually* means a replacement item will be shipped back to you, and most people say and write that when that is the purpose for the return. When it's just a return for refund and not replacement, people usually just say "return" instead of "RMA". This is why some people were confused.
* I am fully aware via Wikipedia that "RMA" can mean "return for refund", however most people don't say RMA in that specific case - they just say "return".

Well RMA means Return Merchandise Authorization. It can be for refund or replacement. I was referring to having issues with their RMA process. Never knew RMA meant replacement as far as I know it just stands for authorization, this is news to me lol. Well that’s besides the point so time to move on I guess.

What's the latest word on AMD stock? Should I but some shares now or wait for the price to come down a bit?

Shuffle today has a GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING OC WATERFORCE WB for $1129... Pretty good for a waterblocked card. There are a couple of 3060's without bundle also.

Shocked myself, as well. Just replace the RAM with faster RAM, and I've heard that performance can jump by 10-20% depending on the game! Otherwise an incredible laptop for the $$.
Make sure the faster RAM speed is actually activated. You may need to set it in the bios.

1623695290793.png

Shuffle today has a GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING OC WATERFORCE WB for $1129... Pretty good for a waterblocked card. There are a couple of 3060's without bundle also.
That is one slick looking card. Looks freaking long. It is a inch longer then my 3080 with a alpha cool block and that barely fit in my configuration.

That is one slick looking card. Looks freaking long. It is a inch longer then my 3080 with a alpha cool block and that barely fit in my configuration.
Yeah, it's 310mm (basically a foot), and I'd need to move a radiator... :ROFLMAO:

Anyone actually going to try for the 3070 Ti XC3 Ultra? It lasted less than a minute, then notifies for it got disabled.
I wanted that one, but 'settled' for the ftw3 model. It was ok because I was able to use my 20% off coupon. I won't be bothering with the gpu game anymore.

Where does the 20% coupon come from? It sounds like many people have them on the EVGA forums, but I haven't received mine yet...

Where does the 20% coupon come from? It sounds like many people have them on the EVGA forums, but I haven't received mine yet...
When you sign up for evga elite, you get a 'spin' on the wheel. It's a pretty common reward, among other higher or lower rewards. Coupon is good for 3 months.

Ah, mine would have been forever ago then... Thank you.
check the EVGA reddit for a current associate code. They have a bot account which automatically posts one sometimes. And there are also several people on there whom have their own codes posted.

This one was working a couple of weeks ago: S1UQP0HAKH2GPDI

The associate codes get you varying discounts on many things. Power supplies are 10% off. I think videocards are 3%. Its better than nothin'!

Some weirdness with Bestbuy this morning, maybe they're working on their anti-bot stuff. Loading up stuff shows a lot of things momentarily in stock, but then changing to the grey sold out button. Also could foreshadow a drop today.

I got a 6700xt @ msrp from amd direct around 11:45 am est today. Showed out of stock, but eventually showed add to cart. Couple captchas and I got through. Was alerted per the Tech Drops discord; I got my PS5 the same way.
Saw the drop as well. Tried to get a 6900, then a 6800xt, then 6700xt to no avail after 20 attempts. Thought, what the hell, maybe I can grab a 5900x at msrp and bam, it's on the way!

I had an order with Amazon for one on February 3, the date kept getting pushed back and I finally cancelled last month, after securing one from micro center. Supply is better now, but don't hold your breathe on it actually shipping anytime soon from Amazon.
I got shipping confirmation and tracking finally. It's scheduled for Sunday delivery. So far, so good

edit: Delivered Sunday evening, about 5:30pm

Last edited:
For what it's worth there is a Shuffle today, though I don't know how badly anyone wants an overpriced GPU at this point.

Back