[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

EVGA B-stock was "in stock" for so long but I got soooo many errors trying to check out so many different cards, what an absolute bummer.View attachment 357515
I was able to add to cart but forgot my password. FML
1621279837365.png

ill do you one better. i had my password saved (correctly), and evga wouldnt accept it because some time between last month and right now, they added special character/capitalization requirements that actually invalidated my password. i had to change it via the automated form, and i lost the 3080 in my cart...thanks evga...

ill do you one better. i had my password saved (correctly), and evga wouldnt accept it because some time between last month and right now, they added special character/capitalization requirements that actually invalidated my password. i had to change it via the automated form, and i lost the 3080 in my cart...thanks evga...
They have 3080 B stock already? Didn't know.

Ow, that sucks!

XC3 3080 only has two 8pin power connectors (like FE), while the FTW3 3080 has three. (2x150)+75 = 375w hard power limit, which unfortunately results in major throttling if OCing due to the ridiculously inefficient and power-hungry architecture

the chips are the same, but there is a concrete difference between certain cards beyond clock binning/HSF thats important for enthusiasts to consider
I'm aware that the higher-tier offerings with 3x8pin also tend to have superior board construction, superior VRM's in addition to more power headroom. However, in practice, silicon lottery and RNG seems to matter more this gen. And I realize this is anecdotal, but I've had more basemodel Gigabyte's and Zotac's outperform Suprim/Strix/FTW3 3080's than the other way around. 3090's it's been very similar: basemodel 2x8pin PNY/MSI/Zotac/Gigabyte have tended to match or even outperform the uber-wow 3x8pin Strix/Aorus Xtreme/FTW3 cards - even with a Kingpin vBIOS flashed to some of them.

Overall I have consistently found the higher-tier SKU's to be underwhelming relative to the expectation and pricepoint, despite the higher power headroom and superior board construction. YMMV.

Last edited:
3090 hits the 2x8pin wattage wall if raising power limit ~2%. if an aftermarket 3x8pin card underperforms in comparison by any amount in a gaming setting on stock volts, then its throttling clocks due to heat and you raise HSF rpm/waterblock it. in stark contrast, hitting a power delivery limit due to insufficient connectivity has no real solution (only a workaround)

obviously the power consumption begins to drop after you undervolt these cards considerably (-50mV) at which point your conclusion is perfectly valid. however that doesnt alter my initial point - ampere is power limited in multiple common scenarios

Interesting - skipping *all* FE probably saves me a lot of heartache. If only I knew to do this sooner lmao.

Kinda went without saying that if the whole world is gunning for FEs and FTW3, ignore those and look at everything else that the herd isn't. Basemodel gigabytes, basemodel MSI, etc. Its the same core on all these cards. I've tested enough makes and models from high-tier to low-tier to have data that they're all essentially the same.

The "I only want an FE" people that then also complain "I never get anything" are going to continue having a bad time
Yeah, but I think it comes down to your individual situation too. If you are budget limited or comfortable with your current setup, maybe it makes sense to target a FE or whatever specific card(s)/price tier you really want. If you just want to upgrade to anything modern, then you should have a much better chance for success by being less selective. Given the previous advice pages back, I have avoided any 3080 card and that's probably why I've manged to get anything thus far.

Here's something else I've noticed for BB drops- some cards just seem to add to cart, while others plop you into a new window showing you a map and asking to select a store (even though in most cases you already have a store selected). The evga XC 3070 and 3060 I have managed to get both went straight to cart, while a 3060Ti FE I tried for opened the map window where all you can do is wait and watch the little button spin and you've probably already lost to bots (your geography could also play a part here, depending on how many cards they allocate to your area?). Hope that helps someone during the next drop.

Can't say I don't win the daily shuffle anymore, lol. Just started last month and my first win. Seeing this now since I was spending time with family.
I was in same boat. Won my first shuffle with 6700xt and a b550 mobo I believe. It was 990 ish out the door. I didn’t bother lol. But I guess it’s even more ripoff now by manufactures.

all the OEM and Newegg are just making this a cash grab. Pushing more bundles at high price making more then they ever would lol.

i suppose it would have been clearer if i had said 'like the FEs 12pin adapter cable' which obviously restricts the wattage.

The FE 12 pin cable doesn't restrict anything.
Use a 16 AWG 12 pin cable (like the third party Seasonic) cable and you can pull 600W through the card as long as you can cool it (with a shunt mod).
It's the vbios that limits the power draw.

Even with a theoretical 800W TDP limit, the vbios will limit you to about 550W before throttling you via "Normalized" TDP (even if the regular TDP is only at 80% of max), due to the internal power rails (Elmor thinks it's either MSVDD, NVVDD or PLL) that the shunts don't control (Only a very few games can exceed this limit, Quake 2 RTX being one of them, but the card goes nuclear with heat). Unfortunately, Hwinfo64 does not report these three hidden power rails, but TDP Normalized sees them.

When Normalized TDP hits about 107%, you start getting VID throttling, backing down the clocks a bit (at 114% TDP slider), even if regular TDP is only 60-80% of the base 100% value). HWinfo64 can report both these values.

Does anyone have any recent leadtime for EVGA auto notify? When I got my 3080 back in Nov last year I signed up on Nov 4th and got it on Nov 24th. I know thing are probably worse now so anyone have a recent update on when they signed up and when they got notified? I signed up for a 3070 to use on a second PC back on Apr 4th and so far nothing.

Does anyone have any recent leadtime for EVGA auto notify? When I got my 3080 back in Nov last year I signed up on Nov 4th and got it on Nov 24th. I know thing are probably worse now so anyone have a recent update on when they signed up and when they got notified? I signed up for a 3070 to use on a second PC back on Apr 4th and so far nothing.
You got in on the very early notifications in November, that metric is completely invalid now. 3080 queues are greater than 6 months behind at this point, and demand only grew after that. For an April sign up for a 3070, I would say you are probably at least six months out, realistically not until next year. Some people have unofficial queue lists on evga's forums you can check out.

Reactions: Wiz33
like this

You got in on the very early notifications in November, that metric is completely invalid now. 3080 queues are greater than 6 months behind at this point, and demand only grew after that. For an April sign up for a 3070, I would say you are probably at least six months out, realistically not until next year. Some people have unofficial queue lists on evga's forums you can check out.

Here you go.

The 3080 queues are indeed ridiculously behind, still in mid September 2020.

Reactions: Wiz33
like this
Here you go.

The 3080 queues are indeed ridiculously behind, still in mid September 2020.

Thanks guys, guess I got lucky. Just checked my notices and it seems that I have signed up for all 3 3080, 2 in Sept which I got in Nov and I still have a notify for a XC3 Black from last Nov but the queue is still sitting in Sept but maybe I'll at least see that sometime this year.

Thanks guys, guess I got lucky. Just checked my notices and it seems that I have signed up for all 3 3080, 2 in Sept which I got in Nov and I still have a notify for a XC3 Black from last Nov but the queue is still sitting in Sept but maybe I'll at least see that sometime this year.
I guess the 3080 sku's that I requested notification for on Feburary 17, 2021 will be discontinued before they become available ;):D

I got an email from GameStop earlier saying there would be a drop and a distill alert at 2:30 central time but it was OOS before I could get to it.

Well got selected for the Shuffle today. Too bad it was for the Xbox Series S. I mean I bought it and will use it, but really wanted a GPU(just like everyone else).....

Hey - a win is a win.
I'm expecting another "L" email for the shuffle tonight lol.

Not sure what to think about that ShopBLT queue for the LHR cards. I got in super late, but now they removed the links and pages for it lmao. Got the confirmation email, but obviously nothing charged.

Not sure what to think about that ShopBLT queue for the LHR cards. I got in super late, but now they removed the links and pages for it lmao. Got the confirmation email, but obviously nothing charged.
Nothing to lose, but don't expect much. ShopBLT is just a drop-shipper for Ingram Micro. They don't get any better allocation than me if I set up a "ShopDPI" website and had a backorder queue to dropship from IM. Ingram's very large accounts will continue to siphon all the allocation of GPU's until supply equalizes. In other words even if you were ShopBLT "preorder #1", it wouldn't matter. Kickback schemes also rampant at IM.

I still have backorders in place from Oct/Nov/Dec with IM directly that still haven't filled. So BLT is mostly fantasy.

This whole filthy GPU business cheapens us all.

Last edited:
FYI, for anyone interested in a EVGA 3090 FTW3 and already has a EVGA card purchased in the last 90 days, in my experience they handle the requests for a 3090 FTW3 stepup VERY quickly -- like 3-5 days for approval. If you're waiting for a 3080 FTW3 step-up, however, forget it - you're probably looking at months of leadtime since the whole world is on that queue (even the little old lady that lives next door and stands in her driveway with her robe half open - is in the 3080 FTW3 queue).

Thanks for the heads up - just cancelled my 3080 step up request and resubmitted one for the 3090.

So I did some analysis of my costs for an i7 10700k + 3070 system I built vs the dell 5600x + 6800xt system I ordered and turned into a decent pc and found I actually was able to create a better performing system for cheaper from the dell prebuilt. Caveat is the AMD system has less storage space (also one drive not nvme) and less ram at lower frequency 16 gb 3200 vs 32 gb 3600 with rgb. But those two items bear little implications on performance. The AMD system runs cooler both on the CPU and GPU and spanks my Intel system on heaven and firestorm benchmark. The dell oem 6800xt is actually really decent.

So I did some analysis of my costs for an i7 10700k + 3070 system I built vs the dell 5600x + 6800xt system I ordered and turned into a decent pc and found I actually was able to create a better performing system for cheaper from the dell prebuilt. Caveat is the AMD system has less storage space (also one drive not nvme) and less ram at lower frequency 16 gb 3200 vs 32 gb 3600 with rgb. But those two items bear little implications on performance. The AMD system runs cooler both on the CPU and GPU and spanks my Intel system on heaven and firestorm benchmark. The dell oem 6800xt is actually really decent.
My budget was much smaller and I just couldn't convince myself to go with a pre-built partly because of the power supplies they use. After thinking about it, I figured I could have bought a Dell and maybe modify it anyway. I could have had a GTX 1650 for not much money. I ended up buying an i5-11500 and 16GB of RAM to build on my own anyway (and use my current GTX 1050 Ti).

My budget was much smaller and I just couldn't convince myself to go with a pre-built partly because of the power supplies they use. After thinking about it, I figured I could have bought a Dell and maybe modify it anyway. I could have had a GTX 1650 for not much money. I ended up buying an i5-11500 and 16GB of RAM to build on my own anyway (and use my current GTX 1050 Ti).
The PSU in this Alienware is actually decent. It’s 1000-watt, modular, and fully compatible with other cases. Although due to the size and configuration of Alienware cases, some of the cables are very, very short. I just ordered some nice sleeved cables to extend them.

The PSU in this Alienware is actually decent. It’s 1000-watt, modular, and fully compatible with other cases. Although due to the size and configuration of Alienware cases, some of the cables are very, very short. I just ordered some nice sleeved cables to extend them.
And gold efficiency certified. Dell and HP OEM power supplies are actually usually quite high quality, and made by top tier PSU companies.

AMD is live right now, or at least there's an ad to cart button for the 6700 XT. Won't let you add to cart though.

AMD is live right now, or at least there's an ad to cart button for the 6700 XT. Won't let you add to cart though.

I know it's been nearly two months but on 4/3 the buttons were unresponsive. I had opened developer tools to the network tab (F12 or ctl+shift+i ) and kept re-clicking the action when I saw the request drop a 503 error in the network tab. I was waiting about a second between clicks. Had to use CC and not paypal.

unknown.png

Back