[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I am SO tired of the COVID lunacy. If you're still that scared of that disease quit your job at MC and stay the F' home. Anyone know if they're doing that idiocy at Madison Heights?
Yeah it's not the guy at the front who decided this is how it should be, he's just doing what he's told. It's absolutely the higher up of the location at the very least. I'm in Massachusetts so they are probably scared of the local restrictions and some random person turning them in if they don't go crazy over it. At least they seemed to have stopped their 'deep cleanings' they were doing like twice a week, where the store would be shut down for most of the day so they could do whatever it was they did. Though I will say Micro Center is the ONLY store I have ever had them spray my hands at the door, so given other comments in this thread I suspect it's a corporate policy.

Last time I was at Madison Heights (a few months ago), people were just all wandering around. The most they did was spray your hands down when you walked in the door

You spray my hands when I walk into a store I'm filing assault charges. lol

Why do you people put up with this? (I'm sorry, it's rhetorical question, don't take the thread anymore off topic, PM me if you want to yell at me about it)

Thanks for the info though guys.

Why do you people put up with this? (I'm sorry, it's rhetorical question, don't take the thread anymore off topic, PM me if you want to yell at me about it)

They ask you to raise your hands to be sprayed, they aren't just running up to people to spray them without warning. Yeah we can't really get into it here, that's what soapbox is for under general mayhem. You are free always to vote with your wallet and not shop at Micro Center.

I mean maybe my wording was incorrect, it's one of those no touch dispensers of hand sanitizers with someone standing there and they motion you to sanitize your hands before you go into the store.

Not sure if they enforce it or not, seems like a relatively minor inconvenience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably so they can say they never win and when they do they never wanted it to begin with. Maybe he would hook up a fellow member and sell it to them at co
Probably so they can say they never win and when they do they never wanted it to begin with. Maybe he would hook up a fellow member and sell it to them at cost.

Johnx64 is right though. People that have no intention on buying shuffle the items should not enter and instead should leave it for people who will actually buy.
Newegg is heavily botted and the problem with winning the shuffle and not buying is that you are basically guaranteeing a bot will get it, once the unclaimed shuffle items are dropped and made available to the public.
What I didn't buy will go back into the next round of shuffle. Also if someone wanted it all they had to do was inbox me like 1 person did and they could have had it shipped to them directly from newegg at cost.

What I didn't buy will go back into the next round of shuffle. Also if someone wanted it all they had to do was inbox me like 1 person did and they could have had it shipped to them directly from newegg at cost.
What actually happens, as I see from alerts on discord, is they just put it up for sale and bots buy it instantly.

You are incorrect - as previously mentioned, the items not purchased in the shuffle are dropped and are made available to the "public" to buy, which in turn allows bots to buy them immediately.
Plenty of us have notifications on from our Discords and see this happen all the time.

What actually happens, as I see from alerts on discord, is they just put it up for sale and bots buy it instantly.

^ This. Exactly.

At the Chicago and Westmont microcenter stores they ask you if you want sanitizer after you walk in the door. There is a table set up inside where the person sits and they have a spray bottle. You can say no, or you can walk past and ignore them if you want. It is not mandatory or anything like that. I usually do it because I like looking at the open box stuff and the spray might be of some value. It shouldn't hurt anyway.

A month or two back, I could click on discord alerts or otherwise and get items into my cart. I could never checkout fast enough to buy anything that way, but it felt like there was a chance. Any alerts I’ve received in the past month all go straight to out of stock messages.

I got lucky one time by camping AMD.com by chance as their drop started. In that case, I happened to be on the site before alerts went out about it. Moral of the story is don’t waste too much time with alerts. Bots are so fast and precise now that there is no point, by the time you receive the alert, the bots have already been on the scene.

A month or two back, I could click on discord alerts or otherwise and get items into my cart. I could never checkout fast enough to buy anything that way, but it felt like there was a chance. Any alerts I’ve received in the past month all go straight to out of stock messages.

I got lucky one time by camping AMD.com by chance as their drop started. In that case, I happened to be on the site before alerts went out about it. Moral of the story is don’t waste too much time with alerts. Bots are so fast and precise now that there is no point, by the time you receive the alert, the bots have already been on the scene.
Yeah I don't bother too much with them, just useful for when there are big drops like amd or best buy. I don't have the kind of luck to just be randomly at a site when it drops.

I mean maybe my wording was incorrect, it's one of those no touch dispensers of hand sanitizers with someone standing there and they motion you to sanitize your hands before you go into the store.

Not sure if they enforce it or not, seems like a relatively minor inconvenience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They do the same at Kaiser. I tell them I sanitized in the car before walking up. I have dry enough hands from work and gym. I don need to sanitize them 10x a day lmao.

I don't understand why the retailers refuse to just have a traditional "limit 1 per customer" queueing system. Sing up for the queue, get one when your turn arrives.

The systems in place right now are just profoundly stupid.
It provides them no benefit, but puts more work on them to follow a list and maintain a queue. Additionally they will now be fielding lots of angry customers bugging them for updates on availability (see evga's forums.) Finally we end up with situations like shopblt who does do a queue system - I've been waiting for months and the dates just keep getting pushed back further and further. The retailers do not care about you, never have, never will.

I don't understand why the retailers refuse to just have a traditional "limit 1 per customer" queueing system. Sing up for the queue, get one when your turn arrives.

The systems in place right now are just profoundly stupid.
Why is it stupid? My dollar is just as green as a bot. Corporations exist solely to maximize shareholder value, and limiting purchases or wasting money on extra CS reps do deal with a queue system is capital wasted.

So, it seems bots aren't the only reason Best Buy never has stock of graphics cards.

A couple of days ago I had a phone call with a Best Buy employee whom had a bedroom full of GPUs. He said he is able to purchase them as they come off the truck.

So, it seems bots aren't the only reason Best Buy never has stock of graphics cards.

A couple of days ago I had a phone call with a Best Buy employee whom had a bedroom full of GPUs. He said he is able to purchase them as they come off the truck.
How is that possible? They are online ship to store orders only.

How is that possible? They are online ship to store orders only.

People are saying they're getting shipped to store. Inventory is getting fudged and employees are buying them. Which I'm sure happens but also having worked retail those people would get written up\lose their jobs because the customers are supposed to get first dibs. Always escalate it past the store manager as they might have a friendly relationship with the person and try to avoid giving them a reprimand.

And do you think a best buy employee can afford a room full of gpu's?

I don't think I'd buy that story without seeing it myself.

That's what credit card is for, getting 2 cards at MSRP, will net you enough on Ebay to buy 4 more cards, and keep snow balling on and on.

But a bedroom full of them? How many people do you think are buying cards at scalper prices? How many people are buying them at scalper prices then filing a claim that it was a box of rocks?

The zotac store is being nuked right now.

Yeah I was watching on a discord server and someone said they were in stock before any bot notifications hit. They couldn't even get a gpu because the bot notifications went out right after they said something. Zotac increased their price.

zotac.gif

Unreal. I was trying to access the site from 3 different phones, on 4G not wifi, with 3 different cell carriers, while also trying to access the site from multiple browsers on my PC on my home internet, and the best I could do was almost getting a 2060 that was going to cost me ~$500 with tax and shipping, but that sold out as I was putting in payment info. 😲

Quite a few complaints that OfficeDepot had a drop last night even though they haven't fulfilled the previous orders from their last drop.

I wonder if B&H are about to get some and charge a higher price. They removed the prices on the Asus Strix 3090's I've been watching.

Last edited:
its completely random, what’s the secret?
Just wait a month until the Ti's come out. No sense in paying ridiculous prices when in a month or two
Yeah I was watching on a discord server and someone said they were in stock before any bot notifications hit. They couldn't even get a gpu because the bot notifications went out right after they said something. Zotac increased their price.

View attachment 350444
What a scumbag company.

Back