[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

So I bought this https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali502/p/N82E16883360097?Item=N82E16883360097
and it came with doa 3080. Put in another card and it works.

Card looks like this... damaged connector. Shame they ship mondo card attached to mobo without a proper anchor.
https://i.************/yph47N0/IMG-20210409-231932.jpg
I guess theres no worthwhile way to repair?
Are we looking at the 2nd contact from the bottom with the darker spot on the edge? Can't tell really what is going on with it but it kinda looks like something is on it. You might try a pencil eraser and q-tip with alcohol. Never know.

Yeah you can’t ship GPUs installed unless you completely surround them in that injection foam stuff. Happened to me when I bought from an individual. Even warned them prior to ship to put it in its own box. DOA

Saw this on Slickdeals this morning. Prebuilt with RTX 3080 and Ryzen 5600X for ~$2000 + tax. Lead time is like 2 months though:

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-9-Gaming-Evo-RTX-30-Series/W/1451287

Code: TEEPEE for 5% off.

Wish I had jumped on some of the earlier pre-built deals. Everything is just going up and up, and I'm tired of waiting. I upgraded to a 5800X and a couple other options.

Saw this on Slickdeals this morning. Prebuilt with RTX 3080 and Ryzen 5600X for ~$2000 + tax. Lead time is like 2 months though:

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-9-Gaming-Evo-RTX-30-Series/W/1451287

Code: TEEPEE for 5% off.

Wish I had jumped on some of the earlier pre-built deals. Everything is just going up and up, and I'm tired of waiting. I upgraded to a 5800X and a couple other options.
You can turn that into a really nice machine with some minor optional and reasonably priced upgrades.

So I bought this https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali502/p/N82E16883360097?Item=N82E16883360097

Card looks like this... damaged connector. Shame they ship mondo card attached to mobo without a proper anchor.
What damage are you talking about?
If you mean the second from the end gold finger being different/shorter, well all video cards are that way. You didn't notice before?
Check out any video card review you want, like this one from techpowerup:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-founders-edition/images/dimensions.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-founders-edition/4.html

That was a 3060Ti and here is a 3090:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/evga-geforce-rtx-3090-ftw3-ultra/images/dimensions.jpg

Did your GPU not come with thick foam insert? Thar is one of the reasons it’s there to protect GPU. Mine had it and GPU couldn’t move an inch. Was pretty secure.

Did your GPU not come with thick foam insert? Thar is one of the reasons it’s there to protect GPU. Mine had it and GPU couldn’t move an inch. Was pretty secure.
There was a thick foam but it was placed or ended up positioned behind the card, pushing it outwards away from mobo. The pci-e latch lock was missing, presumably it had been knocked off from the pressure/indirectly by OnTrac shipping.

Are we looking at the 2nd contact from the bottom with the darker spot on the edge? Can't tell really what is going on with it but it kinda looks like something is on it. You might try a pencil eraser and q-tip with alcohol. Never know.
Yeah, there was some guck, possibly charred from when first turned on? I tried cleaning it, unfortunately no go.

What damage are you talking about?
If you mean the second from the end gold finger being different/shorter, well all video cards are that way. You didn't notice before?
I didn't realize that. Although the discoloration was the damage.

Well, here's to today's harlem shuffle.

There was a thick foam but it was placed or ended up positioned behind the card, pushing it outwards away from mobo. The pci-e latch lock was missing, presumably it had been knocked off from the pressure/indirectly by OnTrac shipping.

Yeah, there was some guck, possibly charred from when first turned on? I tried cleaning it, unfortunately no go.

I didn't realize that. Although the discoloration was the damage.

Well, here's to today's harlem shuffle.
Somehow their business model seems to be selling either cards that will be damaged or cards that were already damaged. I think they are a scam. I returned to Newegg and will likely just be refunded because there are no more available. I’m convinced this is the closest I’ll ever get to a 30xx card.

Somehow their business model seems to be selling either cards that will be damaged or cards that were already damaged. I think they are a scam. I returned to Newegg and will likely just be refunded because there are no more available. I’m convinced this is the closest I’ll ever get to a 30xx card.
Did you try to contact ABS in addition to Newegg? They claim to offer replacement parts. Probably closed over the weekend. I doubt it will be timely replacement but I found a few reports of them replacing cards quickly.
According to their website, ABS is a subsidiary of Newegg..dunno how intertwined... It could very well be a 'soft' scam. I don't know how people who build computers for "30 years" would poorly ship something like that, even after there are some negative reviews complaining about the same. Then again, i've read Gigabyte 3080s are notorious for being doa or damaged in transit.

Did you try to contact ABS in addition to Newegg? They claim to offer replacement parts. Probably closed over the weekend. I doubt it will be timely replacement but I found a few reports of them replacing cards quickly.
According to their website, ABS is a subsidiary of Newegg..dunno how intertwined... It could very well be a 'soft' scam. I don't know how people who build computers for "30 years" would poorly ship something like that, even after there are some negative reviews complaining about the same. Then again, i've read Gigabyte 3080s are notorious for being doa or damaged in transit.
Yes I tried this past week and they don’t answer calls (message says they return calls in less than 24 hours) or reply to emails. I have read that it takes up to a month to get a replacement card and there were just too many things wrong that I just don’t have time for that. I’ll see what Newegg does, but most likely they will just refund me which is fine. I thought maybe this would be a decent way to get a 30xx card but it’s not worth the hassle and I’m checking out of the madness and will try again when/if ever things come back to earth.

Yes I tried this past week and they don’t answer calls (message says they return calls in less than 24 hours) or reply to emails. I have read that it takes up to a month to get a replacement card and there were just too many things wrong that I just don’t have time for that. I’ll see what Newegg does, but most likely they will just refund me which is fine. I thought maybe this would be a decent way to get a 30xx card but it’s not worth the hassle and I’m checking out of the madness and will try again when/if ever things come back to earth.
Newegg will refund unless in the unlikely event they happen to have some in stock when they receive yours.

There was a notable deposit of soot/carbon on the short pin, it was more apparent irl. My only guess is since the pcie latch lock was missing, and the card sags, even after being plugged in properly, it crossed streams and bzzzapd. I was concerned that there was no lock, but I thought maybe new fancy motherboards have a different form of locking, but I should have first tried the card in the second slot, where there was a lock, which was evident after removing the card. Or it was dead from the get-go, as there are many people who ordered this prebuilt who ended up with a dead Gigabyte 3080, but that might not explain the soot.

Too big?
What do you have in there?
When I had a 1050ti in mine it was fine..

I guess I need training to manage wiring, or just to learn patience 😁
My current GPU is an RTX 2060. Those aren't very big.

I have been using an Raijintek Metix Plus. Fits a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B no problem.

I got the NR200p because I thought it would be a nicer case. But the one I got has QC issues. The screw holes for the PSU cage mount don't like up. And the PCI slots aren't great, either. I also hate the top mounting system for fans. and finally, it only barely fits my Mugen 5 Rev. B with the glass panel. And the case is pretty dang big for ITX. Not impressed.

Last edited:
My current GPU is an RTX 2060. Those aren't very big.

I have been using an Raijintek Metix Plus. Fits a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B no problem.

I got the NR200p because I thought it would be a nicer case. But the one I got has QC issues. The screw holes for the PSU cage mount don't like up. And the PCI slots aren't great, either. I also hate the top mounting system for fans. and finally, it only barely fits my Mugen 5 Rev. B with the glass panel. And the case is pretty dang big for ITX. Not impressed.
Mine didnt have any issues other than my cable management skills honestly.
Im trying to fit parts in that dont fit well for me. 12.6" GPU and 280mm aio.
I ordered a few Lian Li 011 minis

Not a great deal, but if it was the 3060ti, they would be sold out already, even if it was the 3060ti + one or two hundred bucks more expensive. The 12GB 3060 seem to be ... not as scarce? Especially if you go by EVGA's queue movement and Newegg's shuffle. 12GB 3060s seem to be restocking frequently.

Speaking of ordering complete systems, I just got the worst email today from Dell saying my Aurora R12 with a 3080 is now delayed BY TWO MONTHS. This is despite having updated a couple of days ago to from "about to enter production" to "In production". I was thrilled to see it in production. I have ordered Dell and HP in the past, and typically when it says "in production" it's usually just a few days from actually shipping. Perhaps an unanticipated delay in a custom Dell 3080 shipment? I hope that I just got the generic delay email not because it really will be the middle of June when it ships, but because they do that automatically even if there's just a small delay. I hope!

Fyi, ordered it two months ago.

Not a great deal, but if it was the 3060ti, they would be sold out already, even if it was the 3060ti + one or two hundred bucks more expensive. The 12GB 3060 seem to be ... not as scarce? Especially if you go by EVGA's queue movement and Newegg's shuffle. 12GB 3060s seem to be restocking frequently.

Speaking of ordering complete systems, I just got the worst email today from Dell saying my Aurora R12 with a 3080 is now delayed BY TWO MONTHS. This is despite having updated a couple of days ago to from "about to enter production" to "In production". I was thrilled to see it in production. I have ordered Dell and HP in the past, and typically when it says "in production" it's usually just a few days from actually shipping. Perhaps an unanticipated delay in a custom Dell 3080 shipment? I hope that I just got the generic delay email not because it really will be the middle of June when it ships, but because they do that automatically even if there's just a small delay. I hope!

Call and threaten to cancel and they will give you $100 off. They do it every time.

Really hope you get it soon!.
You have been waiting long enough.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Pro-Influencer-300

Ok how about this deal then?

Parts Breakdown (amazon ~ MSRP):

CPU i5-10600KF -- $220
Mobo GIGABYTE Z590 -- $210
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3200 MHz, 2x 8GB -- $100
SSD 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe -- $110
CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 120EX ARGB -- $120
PSU GIGABYTE GP-P750GM 80+ GOLD -- $120
CyberPowerPC ONYXIA Mid-Tower Gaming Case -- $80
OS Windows Home + build/shipping fees ~ $100
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sum it up, that's $1060 for roughly everything but the GPU.
Therefore, you're paying $840 for a 3080 (it's MSRP).

GOTTA use Code NORUSH for 5% off

For some reason the link takes you to the default options and you have to manually change parts to get to $2k

If it doesnt show you the right build you can edit to these partrs to get that price.

• *BASE_PRICE: [+2745]
  • CABLE: None
  • CAS: CyberPowerPC ONYXIA Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Front & Side Tempered Glass [-95] (White Color)
  • CC: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-10600KF 6/12 4.10GHz [Turbo 4.8GHz] 12MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic] (Comet Lake-S) [-410]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 120EX ARGB 120mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+0] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None [-91]
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • KEYBOARD: None [-5]
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Memory [-120] (Team T-Force Delta RGB)
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC ATX, ARGB, 802.11ac, 2.5GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 5 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe [-21]
  • MOUSE: None [-3]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P750GM 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Power Supply
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • RUSH: Extra 6 week lead times for selected video cards, Eligible for 5% Instant Rebate when enter “NORUSH” During Checkout.
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • VIDEO: [Extra 6 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+2000)

Last edited:
https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Pro-Influencer-300

Ok how about this deal then?

Parts Breakdown (amazon ~ MSRP):

CPU i5-10600KF -- $220
Mobo GIGABYTE Z590 -- $210
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3200 MHz, 2x 8GB -- $100
SSD 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe -- $110
CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 120EX ARGB -- $120
PSU GIGABYTE GP-P750GM 80+ GOLD -- $120
CyberPowerPC ONYXIA Mid-Tower Gaming Case -- $80
OS Windows Home + build/shipping fees ~ $100
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sum it up, that's $1060 for roughly everything but the GPU.
Therefore, you're paying $840 for a 3080 (it's MSRP).

GOTTA use Code NORUSH for 5% off

For some reason the link takes you to the default options and you have to manually change parts to get to $2k

If it doesnt show you the right build you can edit to these partrs to get that price.

• *BASE_PRICE: [+2745]
  • CABLE: None
  • CAS: CyberPowerPC ONYXIA Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Front & Side Tempered Glass [-95] (White Color)
  • CC: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-10600KF 6/12 4.10GHz [Turbo 4.8GHz] 12MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic] (Comet Lake-S) [-410]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 120EX ARGB 120mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+0] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None [-91]
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • KEYBOARD: None [-5]
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Memory [-120] (Team T-Force Delta RGB)
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC ATX, ARGB, 802.11ac, 2.5GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 5 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe [-21]
  • MOUSE: None [-3]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P750GM 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Power Supply
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • RUSH: Extra 6 week lead times for selected video cards, Eligible for 5% Instant Rebate when enter “NORUSH” During Checkout.
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • VIDEO: [Extra 6 Weeks Lead Time] GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+2000)
Doesn’t ship until June though right?

Doesn’t ship until June though right?
Yeah its a good price for a reason.
Theres always a chance it could ship sooner or later.
sigh, a 3080 for a $1000. the whole appeal of 3000 series was finally a performance upgrade at a reasonable price
Seems like most cards have a new higher MSRP.
Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC sells at $1079 now at all the major retailers. Actually I think I saw one have it at $1049
eVGA came through with my step2 email yesterday afternoon. They took 6.5 months to get through the first 6 days of the queue. Now just gotta send in my 2070S and await the 3080 FTW3.
Is this step 2 in the queue? Does that mean you get to buy a card?

My 3060 to 3090 FTW3 queue already came through (put in last week), what's the latest on the 3090 FTW3 red death woes lol. Will have to give up my SFF case but having two 3090s mining is awfully tempting....

Yeah its a good price for a reason.
Theres always a chance it could ship sooner or later.

Seems like most cards have a new higher MSRP.
Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC sells at $1079 now at all the major retailers. Actually I think I saw one have it at $1049

Is this step 2 in the queue? Does that mean you get to buy a card?
Yes this is step2 in the queue. After they approve my step up invoice and price I’ll pay the difference then ship them my card. Once they get it they’ll ship me my 3080 FTW3. Good thing I have a 1070 as a backup.

sigh, a 3080 for a $1000. the whole appeal of 3000 series was finally a performance upgrade at a reasonable price.
Only available with a mobo combo is the deal breaker for me. I would have paid $1000, but not $1400 with a mobo I don't want. (Granted you could still sell just the card and make $1000)

Back