[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Maybe they should do it the old fashion way, sell them in the store. One per customer, one per credit card for a given period of time etc.

I forget who does this, a caption with an equation where you have to figure out the answer and put it down.
Even if they only let you get one a day instead of a month it will even the playing field a lot.
Id rather wait in line a few times than 6 months fighting with bots .

Even if they only let you get one a day instead of a month it will even the playing field a lot.
Id rather wait in line a few times than 6 months fighting with bots .
That's why I purchased a whole system just for the GPU. Just got another rejection letter from Newegg. Glad my 3080 will be here tomorrow.

I suppose if we stop to think about it, you can literally make $1000 flipping a RTX 3080, so if their efforts landed them just 1 RTX 3080 a week, they are essentially making $1000 a week or more. But still.... I dont see how people would have time to do it consistently. They must have no life.

I suppose if we stop to think about it, you can literally make $1000 flipping a RTX 3080, so if their efforts landed them just 1 RTX 3080 a week, they are essentially making $1000 a week or more. But still.... I dont see how people would have time to do it consistently. They must have no life.
I have no life trying to win one for myself 😁

lol...who's got time for that?

PCMR types? Streamers? Regular gamers caught up in FOMO? Miners? Anyone trying to flip some GPUs to make a bunch of money?

There's no logic left in this, "having time" for it doesn't even factor in to it.

Although how much time do you guys think you've spent over the past six months refreshing pages on Best Buy's site because you heard a drop was coming, or staying up to see if you were chosen in the Newegg shuffle, or watching Discord channels for early warning about stock showing up somewhere?

Although how much time do you guys think you've spent over the past six months refreshing pages on Best Buy's site because you heard a drop was coming, or staying up to see if you were chosen in the Newegg shuffle, or watching Discord channels for early warning about stock showing up somewhere?
0. I have a job and other things to do other than wasting time. Like right now, you'd think I'd be at home wasting time talking to you, but I'm actually working & fortunately I was sparred the FOMO gene.

Besides that, what would I tell my boss? "Hey boss, I can't come in today, I'm camping in front of a store for the minuet chance of making money". After that conversation, I'd probably have ALOT more time to spend on looking for a video card.

9pm atm and there a chair setup there. It was the same chair I saw being setup when I was leaving.
PXL_20210331_005622148.jpg

did they launch all rocket lake sku's today. or just the K's. i couldn't find any Fs or KF's in stock at any store.

Last edited:
Not a bad looking prebuilt. Let us know what your impressions are after running it for a bit! I'm curious. And congrats!!
Ill hook it up later 2nte or in the morning
specs are Ryzen 5600x, 2x8 gb HP 3600 ram, MSI B550M pro MB, Gigabyte 3080 OC, 1TB NVME,750 watt 80+ gold PSU (some cheap brand)
I will post pics of mine when it gets here. Ordered the same box, hopefully it arrives in one piece.
Mine came in perfect physical looking condition in the Skytech box. UPS wouldnt leave it there, so be home if you can when it comes. If you sign into UPS.om they will give you a delivery window.
I would upgrade the cpu cooler probably as its the stock AMD non led one.
Monoprice is having a GPU sale. If you buy 1, it's $2299.99. But if you buy 10... boom, quantity discount, $2229.99

Monoprice DNGAF. Straight to YOLO eBay pricing. The little website we used to buy cables & keyboards from is sick of scraping by on Alibaba trinkets and 10% coupons - now it's about revenge.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43131
View attachment 343820

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43118
View attachment 343826
They are scalping with those GPUs, but they have some ok priced prebuilts.

Last edited:
$48k per year is the average wage in Kansas City. $1000 a card is stupid money.
I am under the impression from reading the channels in my local Microcenter discord that the same ~30 people lined up night after night starting at about 3-4PM the day before and bought all the cards for months on end. Finally about two weeks ago our Microcenter instituted a one card a month policy. WAYYYYYYYYY too late, but glad they finally did it!

Looks like mgmt told them to stop camping in front to the store on March 15, while the store was open the previous day. They didn’t stop so the one card per month per customer rule was introduced.

1617193665818.png

Last edited:
Monoprice is having a GPU sale. If you buy 1, it's $2299.99. But if you buy 10... boom, quantity discount, $2229.99

Monoprice DNGAF. Straight to eBay YOLO pricing. The little website we used to buy cables & keyboards from is sick of scraping by on Alibaba trinkets and 10% coupons - now it's about revenge.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43131
View attachment 343820

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43118
View attachment 343826
We mentioned Monoprice straight up scalping video cards before in this thread. That's another e-retailer permanently off my list.

Is there really anyone here from Day 0 (Sep 16th) that has not gotten at least one 3xxx card at MSRP/official channels? Find that hard to believe..

Is there really anyone here from Day 0 (Sep 16th) that has not gotten at least one 3xxx card at MSRP/official channels? Find that hard to believe..
Can't speak for other but I've try the usually channel except for ebay and have gotten none. Had a few time on Bestbuy in the cart but fail to checkout. Lady Luck is not on my side.

I have not received one through official channels. I have been hoping for EVGA to come through, but nothing as of today. I don't have a BB close enough for their drops either. The closest I have come is through the Zotac store, and we all know what a joke that is. I have considered paying a scalper locally, but even they are having a hard time getting any cards. Ebay was a consideration as well. In the end, the only way that made any sense in these crazy times was to just order a complete system with a 3080 and resell the components with my 2070 Super to at least bring the cost of the 3080 to something resembling reasonable.

*raises hand*

Quite literally since Sept 16th and not for a lack of trying. Admittedly, I've been wanting a 3080 FE and have been quite stubborn about it. Yeah...

I've had some success getting cards. I have 2 3090s and 1 3080 installed on my PCs are home (all purchased at MSRP prices). I've also sold a few to [H] members here at cost. It's possible to get them but not very easy.

I am sure there are some. They are just not trying hard enough. I managed to get 3 ps5, 1 3080 and a 5950x in December/early January. I had other chances where I could of scooped up 3080/3090 but passed on them. Looking back that was a mistake.

Global shortage and then we have miners back at with scalpers they all combined are giving us all a triple screw job w/o lube it will, we never get to buy a gpu and computer parts at msrp again

I am sure there are some. They are just not trying hard enough. I managed to get 3 ps5, 1 3080 and a 5950x in December/early January. I had other chances where I could of scooped up 3080/3090 but passed on them. Looking back that was a mistake.
Yep, can't remember how many 3070s and 3090s I passed on back in Dec/Jan...

Can't speak for other but I've try the usually channel except for ebay and have gotten none. Had a few time on Bestbuy in the cart but fail to checkout. Lady Luck is not on my side.
Same here
I bought a prebuilt to get a 3xxx but I havent trying since launch, but since early-mid January

Yep, can't remember how many 3070s and 3090s I passed on back in Dec/Jan...
Exactly. Anyone trying since September is holding out for a 3080, 3060Ti to a lesser extent, or specific models/brands like FE or hybrid, etc. (or they signed up for notifies and sat back expecting it to come in a reasonable time frame).

Exactly. Anyone trying since September is holding out for a 3080, 3060Ti to a lesser extent, or specific models/brands like FE or hybrid, etc. (or they signed up for notifies and sat back expecting it to come in a reasonable time frame).
I started looking for 3060TI and as time went on my desire for better grew watching endless utube videos and seeing newer games tax out the lesser cards

Back