[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Today's shuffle is for those that want a PS5 or a very overpriced video card.

1615826413445.png

3060's priced over $500 is asinine. I guess the 3090 for $1900 is reasonable(-ish) considering the scalped prices at the moment *sigh*
Gotta say that EVGA is worth the premium. I just got reminded why last week. Such a great company to work with. Even seeing much better VRM results than other high end cards. They rock.

Gotta say that EVGA is worth the premium. I just got reminded why last week. Such a great company to work with. Even seeing much better VRM results than other high end cards. They rock.

Yeah, if you feel like you want to spend $2k on a video card you could do worse. The Asus and MSI cards will be more expensive but won't be better cards.

Good god. 3060 over $500. No thank you.....

That PS5 bundle isnt that great of a deal either. I guess it does have 3 games, but its also almost $800. I am not even going to bother.

I wanted just a weak 1650-1660ti for a arcade emulator and they just keep trying to push those prices on ebay another hundred. $500-600.. not!!

Just bought a msi gsming laptop for $1300 which has a 3060 graphics built in and said done.

I wanted just a weak 1650-1660ti for a arcade emulator and they just keep trying to push those prices on ebay another hundred. $500-600.. not!!

Just bought a msi gsming laptop for $1300 which has a 3060 graphics built in and said done.
Nice!

Never heard of it? Is it legit? Seller protection? I like the sound of the fees if its like half of ebays... I would love a cheaper non-monoplistic site to sell on so I can ditch ebay.
I have bought and sold on there with no issues so far
There was a YouTube video card video and it was the sponsor and thats how I heard about it.
I talk to the owner on there via the chat feature and hes listening to users requests and making changes based on it. Small site right now with not a lot of stuff. I think he said they stated last year in November.
I really hope they take off and kick eBay in the teeth, Only caveat is its only pc and gaming related sales.

would be nice for an alternatgive to get some traction. The heatware marketplace started out promising too but it didn't get much uptake, and heatware has a pretty big userbase of exactly the people who would be interested in such a thing. There weren't even any fees for that one.

Damn, I just bought a 1660 Ti from Best Buy back in December for $290.

keep checking newegg hoping for 3080s to pop up but damn, they are going be 1000+ bucks aren't they.

They haven't even been getting 3080s. I don't recall the last time one showed up on the shuffle.
It's been quite a while. Maybe January, even. Either way Bigbacon is right, the next time one shows up it will probably be more than $1000. (except possibly if it's an EVGA card, they seem to be the only company maintaining their pricing to some degree)

It's been quite a while. Maybe January, even. Either way Bigbacon is right, the next time one shows up it will probably be more than $1000. (except possibly if it's an EVGA card, they seem to be the only company maintaining their pricing to some degree)
No doubt. I can see MSI 3080s hitting $1500.

Just got done convincing myself that the 650w combo with the 3060 makes sense since the PSU can go in my test bench or be the dedicated PSU for leak testing loops... all that mental gymnastics and I only want the 3060 as a bartering token for a higher GPU haha

EVGA released B-Stock 2080 TIs yday, and I got one in y cart to checkout but changed my mind after thinking about. $1149 for a refurb and its a good card, but is it that good?

MSI used to be my choice manufacturer because I always liked how cool and quiet their Gaming series cards have run. EVGA will be my choice moving forward for nVidia cards if they don't stumble.
The EVGA GTX 1650 I had was a cool and quiet card for sure

EVGA released B-Stock 2080 TIs yday, and I got one in y cart to checkout but changed my mind after thinking about. $1149 for a refurb and its a good card, but is it that good?
I agree, I wouldn't pay more than about $600 for a used 2080Ti, and I'd only pay that much because it has a little more memory than a new 3070.

all that mental gymnastics and I only want the 3060 as a bartering token for a higher GPU haha
Unfortunately the lower-end GPU's don't have as much leverage in trades when there's too big a spread between the market prices (what they're being resold for) of each respective GPU. Some people in the F/S keep bumping their threads not really understanding this.

In other words "I want to trade my PS5/3060/3070 for a 3080, and I expect we trade @ MSRP" is a bit ... optimistic now in mid-march, since 3080's are going for $2200-2400 on the high end. A month or two ago it was still possible to up-trade, but now everyone's dug in.

You're better off grabbing any GPU you can, sell locally and then put those funds toward your dream GPU.

Last edited:
Back