[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I have he app but no notifications.
Ill look and see if theres any setting in there I didnt tick
When I won once I still didnt get a notification, if you figure out how to get em to work let us know (I got an email about my cart, just like the “you werent selected” ones)

When I won once I still didnt get a notification, if you figure out how to get em to work let us know (I got an email about my cart, just like the “you werent selected” ones)
Yeah, I have the app and don't get any sort of notifications. I am on their email list too and don't get anything.

Yeah, I have the app and don't get any sort of notifications. I am on their email list too and don't get anything.
I called Newegg and they dont know how to get informed in advance either.

I believe the ambiguity about when and if there is a shuffle is intentional - I think it’s one way Newegg is trying to combat bots. I’m not saying it’s effective, but it’s something.
That didn't occur to me but now that you mention it, it's the only reasonable explanation I can think of!

I believe the ambiguity about when and if there is a shuffle is intentional - I think it’s one way Newegg is trying to combat bots. I’m not saying it’s effective, but it’s something.
That didn't occur to me but now that you mention it, it's the only reasonable explanation I can think of!
Only thing is bots are relentless and will still find it faster than us. But it they are blocking multiple refreshers...
But someone could log into different acct on different network after bots signal them to do so.
Maybe Im overthinking this though.
If I ever win a card purchase opportunity Ill have to find something else to obsess over lol.

Only thing is bots are relentless and will still find it faster than us. But it they are blocking multiple refreshers...
But someone could log into different acct on different network after bots signal them to do so.
Maybe Im overthinking this though.
If I ever win a card purchase opportunity Ill have to find something else to obsess over lol.
Correct, there’s always gonna be ways to scrape that site without getting denied-listed (i.e. cURL and look for !=ended every hour or something), and cook groups are still saying “hey its time to join” ... but I think it may be some kind of attempt on their side to obfuscate, who knows

Not sure how it would combat bots, either way it gives a fighting chance to the rest of us. Unlike a certain double B named place who just is like "SUPRISE!!!!" and all the bots that are already scanning the site every 5 milliseconds knows that yeah there's another drop and they're gone.

Not sure how it would combat bots, either way it gives a fighting chance to the rest of us. Unlike a certain double B named place who just is like "SUPRISE!!!!" and all the bots that are already scanning the site every 5 milliseconds knows that yeah there's another drop and they're gone.
Exactly!

Does AMD hold an item in your cart for a few minutes so you can fill out CC info or are you screwed if you’re old and slow like me?

ROFL trying to get a PS5 cuz people wanna trade here. I was in on best buy before any notifications. I think they are dropping them in phases. Otherwise How the F does it run out when I get in before all twitter and discord notifications is beyond me lol. My app is still waiting for more inventory and online its please wait but new page refresh says out of stock rofl.

Looks like there are $329 3060s in today's shuffle.
437557_1614965591012.png

PNY GPU Prices went down on BestBuy.

They're trolling us.

Are tariff exemptions coming back?!
Not in stock but lower nut still high prices on never in tock items lol
ROFL trying to get a PS5 cuz people wanna trade here. I was in on best buy before any notifications. I think they are dropping them in phases. Otherwise How the F does it run out when I get in before all twitter and discord notifications is beyond me lol. My app is still waiting for more inventory and online its please wait but new page refresh says out of stock rofl.
I entered the shuffle for things I don't need in case someone wants to trade for a GPU. But who am I kidding? I haven't won the shuffle once.

I've been liking the Newegg Shuffle. It removes the effort in trying to quickly respond to stock alerts, and eventually I might actually get picked.
Or you may never lol. I keep entering but haven’t been selected yet. We shall see. But today’s shuffle it seems like Newegg is over charging compared to when those cards some in and out on Amazon. I think by at least 80-100. Crazy.

Just wondering, what time does the newegg shuffle start? I mean, I work a lot so I was at work today, but it would be nice if I could enter it at least...

Decent chance for a Best Buy drop tomorrow since it would be 1.5 weeks since the last one (3060 release) and 1.5 weeks from most likely the next one (6700 XT release).

Decent chance for a Best Buy drop tomorrow since it would be 1.5 weeks since the last one (3060 release) and 1.5 weeks from most likely the next one (6700 XT release).
I was thinking tomorrow is a likely day to camp the site...

One thing I don't understand, or maybe you guys know, is that - I would think midrange range cards such as 3070 or below would probably be what miners and most gamers want, and probably are "hotter" items for the bots to snatch up. But I am looking for 3090 and those come in stock for 3 seconds and were gone. Newegg, Amazon, etc. We are talking about cards such as MSI Suprime. With tax it is close to $2500 from Newegg. Gone in just seconds. I suppose bots are buying them but, who is then buying from the bots/scalpers? Are miners buying those? I mean, I would settle for a PNY or even Zotac 3090 but they too were sold in mere seconds.

One thing I don't understand, or maybe you guys know, is that - I would think midrange range cards such as 3070 or below would probably be what miners and most gamers want, and probably are "hotter" items for the bots to snatch up. But I am looking for 3090 and those come in stock for 3 seconds and were gone. Newegg, Amazon, etc. We are talking about cards such as MSI Suprime. With tax it is close to $2500 from Newegg. Gone in just seconds. I suppose bots are buying them but, who is then buying from the bots/scalpers? Are miners buying those? I mean, I would settle for a PNY or even Zotac 3090 but they too were sold in mere seconds.
Miners are buying them, because full ROI is still less than a year at current mining profit values — even at scalped prices, (3090 still make $10-$12 a day), however there may be a surprise coming. There is the potential for serious mining profit changes coming in July with the ETH EIP1559 change that was greenlit 3 days ago. I'm not sure anybody really knows how much this will affect mining profits, but it should make mining profits go down (that is the point of this change - to make gas fees less for ETH users)

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-improvement-proposal-1559-london-hard-fork

https://insights.deribit.com/market-research/miners-will-accept-eip-1559-here-is-why/

Last edited:
Miners are buying them, because full ROI is still less than a year at current mining profit values — even at scalped prices, (3090 still make $10-$12 a day), however there may be a surprise coming. There is the potential for serious mining profit changes coming in July with the ETH EIP1559 change that was greenlit 3 days ago. I'm not sure anybody really knows how much this will affect mining profits, but it should make mining profits go down (that is the point of this change - to make gas fees less for ETH users)

https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-improvement-proposal-1559-london-hard-fork

https://insights.deribit.com/market-research/miners-will-accept-eip-1559-here-is-why/

idk if it’s actually profit related to mining coins. It’s more that they can’t charge and manipulate fees up the ass. One of the biggest pools is bitching how they are going to be making less in fees and the profits are being shifted to holders even though they claim to be large holders lol. They could still mine coins but it’s the fees they are bitching about.

Back