[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Got the series x Friday for a coworker. Trying for the ps5 for myself.

Same stuff from last Friday. I wonder if they have not updated the list of products available yet.
On Friday they also had the 5600x, and they have some optional bundles for the processors available today, too.

Looks like the product choices are locked in, so I guess people who missed out on the last one have another chance today.

Word of warning if ordering directly from AMD.com; my 5800X shipped FedEx with signature required, no redirect allowed. Not cool.

Hopefully the driver is running really late today, as they couldn't deliver yesterday to my house due to "weather delay at delivery address", even though my driveway is about as perfectly plowed and cleaned as it can get. Weather is WORSE today, yet it's out for delivery again.

Word of warning if ordering directly from AMD.com; my 5800X shipped FedEx with signature required, no redirect allowed. Not cool.

Hopefully the driver is running really late today, as they couldn't deliver yesterday to my house due to "weather delay at delivery address", even though my driveway is about as perfectly plowed and cleaned as it can get. Weather is WORSE today, yet it's out for delivery again.
I've had nothing but issues with FedEx for at least the past decade. Good thing I was on top of my PS5 delivery because I got a no knock/no answer excuse the day it was scheduled for delivery while I was watching out the front window the entire day. Called them immediately after getting that delivery status update and was told the driver "forgot" about it. It was delivered first thing in the morning on Sunday after that immediate complaint.

I've never had an issue with UPS.

I've had nothing but issues with FedEx for at least the past decade. Good thing I was on top of my PS5 delivery because I got a no knock/no answer excuse the day it was scheduled for delivery while I was watching out the front window the entire day. Called them immediately after getting that delivery status update and was told the driver "forgot" about it. It was delivered first thing in the morning on Sunday after that immediate complaint.

The driver "forgot" and was going to "lose" the package. Ive caught a few of them signing and walking away with the package if they know what's in it.

I get shenanigans from the others, but surprisingly none from FedEx (and I much preferred them as an employer than UPS). Do you always get the same driver?

The driver "forgot" and was going to "lose" the package. Ive caught a few of them signing and walking away with the package if they know what's in it.
It was packed in a box, but I am sure the drivers recognize the size, shape and weight of the package that Walmart uses now.
I get shenanigans from them all, but surprisingly none from FedEx (and I much preferred them as an employer than UPS). Do you always get the same driver?
My PS5 was the first time I've gotten a package from them in at a couple years because I always try to avoid them, so I don't know if it was the same person or not.

I got a text from Fedex about 2pm saying it was delivered and signed by my wife. Far as I knew, she was working all day as well and not at home. I've texted her asking if she got it, and haven't gotten a reply. I figure (HOPE) my FedEx guy did me a solid and just signed for it and left it outside the garage entry door. I really need to finish off my home security setup so I can see this stuff. I don't believe anyone has been in or out of my house today - the ring door bell at the front wasn't set off, and my sensor and lock on my garage entry door hasn't lock/unlocked/open/closed since 7:33am.

I got a text from Fedex about 2pm saying it was delivered and signed by my wife. Far as I knew, she was working all day as well and not at home. I've texted her asking if she got it, and haven't gotten a reply. I figure (HOPE) my FedEx guy did me a solid and just signed for it and left it outside the garage entry door. I really need to finish off my home security setup so I can see this stuff. I don't believe anyone has been in or out of my house today - the ring door bell at the front wasn't set off, and my sensor and lock on my garage entry door hasn't lock/unlocked/open/closed since 7:33am.
Best of luck to you.

During this "pandemic" mess what they are supposed to do is ask for your last name when dropping off the package after the door is answered, and then they initial their sheet. But this obviously creates the problem where a real signature is not needed to verify delivery and so you can get this issue.

The shuffle's an interesting idea. Is the general consensus that this helps cut down on reselling, and it's worth the added finagling?

Might put my name in for an xbox. I have waited for mid-cycle refresh the last few console generations though... 1TB of non-upgradeable internal storage might have been fine in the 2013 launch but today I don't think it will cut it long term. Tempting to play some newer games, but I'm still paying catch-up and I'm 4-5 years behind, at least. And there's always the possibility of a cooler, quieter respin in a few years. Happy so far with my One S and PS4 slim, and got both for less than the launch price of the original xbox one iirc.

The shuffle's an interesting idea. Is the general consensus that this helps cut down on reselling, and it's worth the added finagling?

Might put my name in for an xbox. I have waited for mid-cycle refresh the last few console generations though... 1TB of non-upgradeable internal storage might have been fine in the 2013 launch but today I don't think it will cut it long term. Tempting to play some newer games, but I'm still paying catch-up and I'm 4-5 years behind, at least. And there's always the possibility of a cooler, quieter respin in a few years. Happy so far with my One S and PS4 slim, and got both for less than the launch price of the original xbox one iirc.
I did hear there's a problem with people creating multiple accounts to increase their chances, not sure how well Newegg counters this.

I already have one. I do like it. My kids each have tier own too. I play it more than my pc with a 3080.
Was totally kidding. I'm sure once Xbox gets an exclusive or two - Elder Scrolls maybe - then people will be crawling all over Xbox again.

Was totally kidding. I'm sure once Xbox gets an exclusive or two - Elder Scrolls maybe - then people will be crawling all over Xbox again.
Hmmn. being that it's hard to find one in stock I would say people are already crawling to it much like the PS5. Me I prefer the Microsoft eco system over Sony's, so I prefer the Xbox. Do people really buy consoles purely on which maker has exclusives? I thought that behavior is no longer the case for most people. Especially if one has a gaming PC (most of us here)

Reactions: DPI
like this
Hmmn. being that it's hard to find one in stock I would say people are already crawling to it much like the PS5. Me I prefer the Microsoft eco system over Sony's, so I prefer the Xbox. Do people really buy consoles purely on which maker has exclusives? I thought that behavior is no longer the case for most people. Especially if one has a gaming PC (most of us here)
I 100% am going PS5 over the Xbox based on exclusives. Only because most of the PS5 exclusives are not available on the PC or do not come to the PC for a long time. I prefer the Xbox hardware and eco system, but it is all about the games for me with console. Supposedly Sony is changing their stance on this and more exclusives should be headed to PC, but we'll see. If it is available on PC and console, I get the PC version every time.

Yes? That has been a major factor in console purchasing decisions for many for years. It’s a major reason why the PS4 took off last generation and Xbox lagged behind.

Well, everything's sold out thanks to Covid-crunch and other factors, but I have noticed the Xbox's do tend to stay in stock a lot longer when they do become available, and this has been the case ever since their launch. PS5's stay in stock 2 milliseconds. Resale market also reflects it - much lower prices compared to PS5. But whatever, people play what makes them happy, but for me personally Microsoft hasn't provided a compelling reason to buy one, there's no must-have game.

Yes exclusives for PS5 and also the controllers are better (well supposedly) + I can use the controllers for PC games. Xbox also just has a stupid name and aesthetics. Also the whole xbox one disc resale restrictions fiasco still lingers in some minds.

Both sold out but PS5 anecdotally harder to obtain and also PS5 has sold more units.

Didn’t get picked for the shuffle. Ah well. I’d prefer to wait for a console with 2tb anyways. I’ll keep plugging away on my last gen systems. :)

Good luck to everyone else. hope you guys get what you’re after.

Anyway, I went ahead and bought it, I'll find a good home for it somehow. I seem to recall Kyle acting like he wanted one the other day.

5600x available on B&H right now.

Sorry no link. in a hurry.

Last edited:
Watch out for Best Buy drop tomorrow. I think it’s gonna happen around 10-12 est. might be going back to Tuesday. Also they had Canadian drops today so usually America is next.

Best of luck to you.

During this "pandemic" mess what they are supposed to do is ask for your last name when dropping off the package after the door is answered, and then they initial their sheet. But this obviously creates the problem where a real signature is not needed to verify delivery and so you can get this issue.
Jinx. Fedex left it out behind my garage on the external staircase to the storage attic. That was the good news. Bad news, I'm back on my 3600X, as the 5800X wouldn't boot. Troubleshoot tonight hopefully before sending it back, try to rule out my board/ram. Getting a yellow QLED on the Asus B450-F. I had a feeling too...it didn't drop right in the slot, and it sure looked like very edges of a couple pins were bent.

Side note, I cannot believe how cheap the packaging is for the non-HSF CPU's, and why on earth they put the CPU right in the little window on a face of the retail box. (I have a degree in Packaging Engineering)

*edit*
Armenius
I straightened out a couple slightly bent pins w/ a razor blade and hosed it all off with some CRC electronics cleaner because I saw what looked like some thermal paste on a pin. Apparently I really noobed it up installing this CPU, and it's my 4th AM4 build. Anyways, booted up fine last night after the maintenance, all seems good. Also realized my RAM isn't even on the QVL for the 3000 series for my board....and Asus doesn't even list a QVL for 5000 series that I see.

Last edited:
Jinx. Fedex left it out behind my garage on the external staircase to the storage attic. That was the good news. Bad news, I'm back on my 3600X, as the 5800X wouldn't boot. Troubleshoot tonight hopefully before sending it back, try to rule out my board/ram. Getting a yellow QLED on the Asus B450-F. I had a feeling too...it didn't drop right in the slot, and it sure looked like very edges of a couple pins were bent.

Side note, I cannot believe how cheap the packaging is for the non-HSF CPU's, and why on earth they put the CPU right in the little window on a face of the retail box. (I have a degree in Packaging Engineering)

Lucky and unlucky you. Also TIL package engineering is a degree. I would presume they built just one package and some marketing person somewhere thought that it was great to have the thing be visible? Meanwhile all the engineers are shaking their heads.

Watch out for Best Buy drop tomorrow. I think it’s gonna happen around 10-12 est. might be going back to Tuesday. Also they had Canadian drops today so usually America is next.

I am not holding my breath....

I would imagine it's visible so people can see exactly what processor is in the box thanks to the stamp on the IHS. The clamshell the processor is put in is pretty weak, though. They could spend another cent to harden it and better protect the goods. Especially with places like Amazon who think it's okay to ship processors in an envelope.

Back