[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I can't belief I missed this! This is the exact card I have been looking for.

I guess working late didn't payoff tonight.
Saved you about $1600. Unless ur dying for an upgrade or have nuff disposable $$ laying about... now is the time to stand pat IMHO.

I've given up on this generation I think. The very principle of outrageous pricing being combined with a raffle is insulting. I'm also realizing how completely satisfactory my 5700 XT is.
^ months ago they did a raffle in Costco in Sacramento for TP. That was ridiculous.

People like Sapphire more than Powercolor.... a buddy of mine didn't know the red devil cards are probably the best 6900/6800s cards out there and said "Oh didn't know Powercolor were good, thought friends don't let friends buy Powercolor". Powercolor is grouped in with the likes of Zotac etc for whatever reason, maybe someone can explain that to me? haha

It’s just lingering perception of quality from 15-20 years ago that hung around because some people haven’t bothered to keep up and assume nothing has changed.

(I don’t know if it was true even then - there were so many graphics card companies around.)

It’s just lingering perception of quality from 15-20 years ago that hung around because some people haven’t bothered to keep up and assume nothing has changed.

(I don’t know if it was true even then - there were so many graphics card companies around.)
No it isn’t. or at least it was still perpetuated when I bought my Vegas and RX580s in 2018 timeframe for mining. The sapphire Nitro RX580 cards I bought a dozen of were all packaged well, and felt like nicely built, quality cards. The powercolor RX580 cards I bought a couple of were literally retail packaged without any foam in nothing but folded cardboard and the cards felt cheaper built in the hand.

The PowerColor Vegas I bought also felt cheaply made, though I never owned a Sapphire Vega. Also PowerColor RMA is one of the worst RMA experiences I’ve ever had for any company. Sapphire is still generally a top tier AMD brand partner, and powercolor is still generally a bottom tier AMD brand partner. PowerColor Red Devils are good, but their generic cards are very.....generic.

I personally won’t buy any more PowerColor, nor will I buy anymore Zotac on the Nvidia side. I’ve owned a LOT of different cards in my 80+ GPUs I’ve purchased and used for mining in the last two years. Those two brands stick out as the worst.

Last edited:
I'll say that the Powercolor 570's I ran were perfect for 3 years and no fan failures. I had 8 Sapphire 7950 fans fail........

I'll say that the Powercolor 570's I ran were perfect for 3 years and no fan failures. I had 8 Sapphire 7950 fans fail........
I suspect that’s a good testament to not using sleeve bearing vs. one of the other more durable type of fans (ball bearing, hydro, magnetic, hybrid, etc). Shame on any GPU manufacturer for using sleeve fans on a GPU.

It's worth noting it looks like all of the 3070s are combo deals, but the processors are available by themselves.
Where do you see that? I don't see any listed as combo deals.

1612374544564.png

Same here, no shuffle luck. I don't think 5900x's exist, they're as fake as a moon landing. :p

I got 'carded' again..what do I do...what do I do now? 😃
This was while I was out in an area with spotty coverage too....may be time to let go of Lord Zotac in favor of Lady Evga?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-160453_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210203-160453_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
Same here, no shuffle luck. I don't think 5900x's exist, they're as fake as a moon landing. :p
For this of us without a microcenter within a reasonable distance we are sol. I have a coworker who her and her husband love tech. They drive 2.5 hours each way to the microcenter in Sharonville, Ohio about every other week to ship. He walked in on a Saturday and got one off the shelf.

For this of us without a microcenter within a reasonable distance we are sol. I have a coworker who her and her husband love tech. They drive 2.5 hours each way to the microcenter in Sharonville, Ohio about every other week to ship. He walked in on a Saturday and got one off the shelf.
The 5900x and ps5 have been hardest to snag but finally snagged one *hopefully* from Amazon yesterday, PS5 for my bro and the 5900x for my rig.

Put the psu on fb marketplace like everyone else
I don’t have facebook, I may just list it for $25 or something to make the “tax” not really terrible ...

Also thanks for that review that is WILD GB didnt ask for the PSU back for testing after it exploded!

Amazon had 5900x and 5950x. Was able to place an order for 5950x but already got one, couldn’t believe it actually went through after like 3 tries. May be I can make back a little premium I paid for my original by 200 lol. I will just return it or cancel it idk. Not sure if I place and order after it was gone but it doesn’t have a ship date yet. Did say 1-2 days on the main page.

Hah, I can't even snag a 5900 or 5950 and NKD is sending them back and shit! :p

Lol. I paid 1050 for mine. Shit I will help someone out if they are willing to meet me half way at 950 + shipping which is like <$10 bucks and can have this brand new box as soon as I get it lol. Not really scalping. Be nice to get a little back for what I paid. I feel like 100 including taxes over msrp is not bad for having to wait for this shit. Haha.

Well shit....looks like I may have another 5900X coming, this one from Amazon. No idea when it will ship though. Can't find them for forever and then potentially nab two in one day. What are the odds? Not sure what I'd even do with it just yet. Might need see if anyone has a Reference AMD 6800 they might want to trade for it.
1612407194802.png

Well shit....looks like I may have another 5900X coming, this one from Amazon. No idea when it will ship though. Can't find them for forever and then potentially nab two in one day. What are the odds? Not sure what I'd even do with it just yet. Might need see if anyone has a Reference AMD 6800 they might want to trade for it.
View attachment 325778
What you are saying is 5900X is like a SOJ and cash is worthless now. Never thought the D2 economy would go full RL

No, as shown in the screenshots, the CPUs are being sold on their own, not in bundles. Same for the Radeon.
Cool, after hearing about the crappy Gigabyte PDU think I wasnt sure I was willing to buy something random too.

Newegg has Ryzen 3600 for $199.99 and thinks thats a sale price, but even Amazon has it in stock and its that price without a sale.

Back