[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Saw on Reddit a news article from China is reporting increased costs for GDDR5 and GDDR6 (I think GDDR6X is affected too) VRAM that could translate to a further increase in prices for GPUs. If I find it again I’ll post it, came across it last night while browsing before bed.

Found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Source is in simplified Chinese according to Google.

Last edited:
Saw on Reddit a news article from China is reporting increased costs for GDDR5 and GDDR6 (I think GDDR6X is affected too) VRAM that could translate to a further increase in prices for GPUs. If I find it again I’ll post it, came across it last night while browsing before bed.

Found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Source is in simplified Chinese according to Google.

At this rate graphics cards are an investment asset that appreciates, it's not just scalping anymore.

Its wild for sure right now. Higher prices are here to stay though it seems and who knows when the dust will settle. I've got some decent last gen stuff and despite genuinely being interested in a 6800 or XT I'm sticking with what I have for a while.

It seems even the third-party sellers on Amazon have somewhat uniformly raised their prices (3070’s for ~$1000, 3080’s for ~$1700, 3090’s for ~$2400). Crazy times.
it would not surprise me in the least if it's miners who are the reason for these price increases. I can't imagine anyone paying 2x the amount for a card because they "have to have it now" miners at least have a mentality that time = money so the sooner they get their money making item, the faster it can pay itself off.

Pretty much. If one can mine for as long as the current boom lasts right now and flip the cards for maybe even MSRP after that.?. I get it even If I don't like it

nd
it would not surprise me in the least if it's miners who are the reason for these price increases. I can't imagine anyone paying 2x the amount for a card because they "have to have it now" miners at least have a mentality that time = money so the sooner they get their money making item, the faster it can pay itself off.
I have a friend that is married with a kid. He had his stimulus money burning a hole in his pocket. He wanted a 3080 right now so he got on ebay and paid $1500 + tax for a Gigabyte rtx 3080 xtreme. I tried to tell him not to but some people don't care.

Frankly, this has become a daily game that I look forward to playing... :LOL:
Hopefully the relief of pressure in the market helps things cool down and the $900+ Radeon 6800s (non XT) can return to sane pricing.

Hopefully the relief of pressure in the market helps things cool down and the $900+ Radeon 6800s (non XT) can return to sane pricing.
For real. I had a 6800xt. No way that card is worth that much. You would have to really want it bad.

Wondering if I should put in for the 3070. If I get it and its a better version than the one I'm being shipped, sell one of them here for what I paid for it.

edit: I put in for the 3070s. If something comes of it, I'll buy it and post one of the lesser tier ones here for someone at the price I bought it for.

Last edited:
The new 6900XT prices are astounding; I wonder what justifies the difference between the already crazy priced Sapphire Nitro+ 6900XT at $1419, and the PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT at $1519 via Newegg Shuffle?

6900XT is ~$1500 now? Good lord.

I was on the fence when my 3080 cost $770. These prices are crazy.

Pretty appealing time to buy one of the new consoles if you can find one. PC gaming is a little ridiculous at the moment.

6900XT is ~$1500 now? Good lord.

I was on the fence when my 3080 cost $770. These prices are crazy.

Pretty appealing time to buy one of the new consoles if you can find one. PC gaming is a little ridiculous at the moment.

The one thing I'm unsure of is there seems to be a "Red Devil Limited Edition" version, which comes with some trinkets and such (I dont know if the card itself is out of the box clocked higher than standard red devil) so I was wondering if that was the case, but using a link to a Newegg Red Devil LE 6900XT it was around $1550, so... I guess the one for $1520 is the "standard" without the keycap and display holder etc...? If that's the case I can't understand why it costs more than other "high tier AIB" cards - or is the Red Devil (normal or LE) significantly "better" in terms of components or cooling vs even something like Sapphire Nitro+?

Edit: Holy shit, I don't believe what I'm seeing even on Newegg. The Asus Strix LC (with AIO liquid) 6900XT is only $1499 - LESS than both Red Devils?! Asus seems to have in most other cases have the highest prices around and were the first to raise during the tariff, so this is crazy that their liquid cooled $1500 Strix, which used to be likely considered the most insanely priced, is now being approached or even exceeded by air cooled ones from other companies (at least on Newegg - haven't compared elsewhere). Although Ihave to say even on Newegg that the AsRock AIB is still like $1200 (though neither it nor even the Asus Strix LC ) were available on the shuffle today....

Edit 2: Some other strangeness. The XFX MERC319 Ultra is $1100 , yet the XFX MERC319 BLACK is $1400?! They look very similar and it seems the BLACK is just slightly higher overclocked out of the box?

Lastly, on consoles - lots of people are talking about the difficulty getting ahold of them, even. Though frankly I'm concerned, the last thing I want is this PC hardware tariff (and exploitation thereof by manufacturers) to make it less desirable to game on PC, the most open platform. Especially if it seems like more silicon will be granted to making consoles first possibly. Consoles are literally more PC-like than ever in their hardware, yet it seems that they're not being affected by these tariffs and/or the manufacturers are absorbing the cost based on volume and hopes to exploit the platform lock-in in the future. I was hoping that this generation would mean less console exclusives than ever, but I don't want to see this factor affect the calculus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Epos7
like this
Was able to get in this time, so hopefully I can grab one of these.

1611776122327.png

No 3080s on that list so I'm out this time. Good luck everyone.
I get the feeling that from a video card perspective NewEgg is tending to push the cards that are not as popular - the 3070s, 3090s, the 6800s, 6900s - not the 3080s, 3060 Ti's as often (outside of big $$$ bundles). Not that they have any problem selling any of them, of course.

Even though I want a 3080, I'm going to toss my ticket in the hat for a few EVGA 3070's. If by chance I win I could step up once things settle down or possibly trade it. But for laughs I also entered for the 3090, but almost 2k might be a little rich for me.

Even though I want a 3080, I'm going to toss my ticket in the hat for a few EVGA 3070's. If by chance I win I could step up once things settle down or possibly trade it. But for laughs I also entered for the 3090, but almost 2k might be a little rich for me.

I never enter the 3090 one because I know part of me, upon getting selected, would drop the 2k even though its stupid to.

At this point, I was thinking about doing a full build anyway, I am close to just getting an alienware or something. Like $2400 and you can get a ryzen 5800x + a 3080. Overpriced based on MSRP, but based on current actual prices its really not unreasonable at all. I just wish their cases did not look so god awful.

I never enter the 3090 one because I know part of me, upon getting selected, would drop the 2k even though its stupid to.

At this point, I was thinking about doing a full build anyway, I am close to just getting an alienware or something. Like $2400 and you can get a ryzen 5800x + a 3080. Overpriced based on MSRP, but based on current actual prices its really not unreasonable at all. I just wish their cases did not look so god awful.
Check out the CyberPowerPC's and iBuyPower's of the world. Not a bad option today with the scarcity - plus you can get some of your favorite parts.

Check out the CyberPowerPC's and iBuyPower's of the world. Not a bad option today with the scarcity - plus you can get some of your favorite parts.

When I checked them if you selected a 3080 it said it was a preorder item, so I am assuming they do not actually have them right now. I'm sure they would have better luck getting one than I would though, so its better than nothing

I also think I would have folded and bought the 3090 given the chance. Well lucky for me I was rejected once again 😃

Let's try again tomorrow lol

The only temptation I have is that I could flip my 5700 XT on ebay for an equaly insane price. If I count the amount over what a 5700 XT is actually worth toward the inflated 6900 price, it begins to look maybeish.

I had the same a few days ago. Couldn’t do it.
I bit on one yesterday, but decided to flip my unopened PS5 to make me not feel quite as bad by offsetting some of the added cost. There are no PS5 exclusives I want to play yet, so I can wait until I luck out on another drop in the future.

I bit on one yesterday, but decided to flip my unopened PS5 to make me not feel quite as bad by offsetting some of the added cost. There are no PS5 exclusives I want to play yet, so I can wait until I luck out on another drop in the future.

Yeah I’ve been sort of stupidly chasing a PS5 even though there are no exclusives I care to play at the moment. I really want to play TLOU2 which obviously doesn’t require a PS5. It just doesn’t make sense to buy a PS4 right now so I’m lazily chasing a PS5.

I would say yes; And if not you can always return it or sell elsewhere.
Alright. Just like yesterday or the day before, I put in for it. I have a 3070 on the way. If I get this one, I'll choose the better of the two for myself and sell the other for whatever I bought it here for.

I'm just seeing a few people say they're not spending over the MSRP from five months ago on a new GPU. I don't want to put almost $800 on the line and have no one buy it.

Back