[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

neat.

just what the hell am I going to do with a spare MoBo? XD
Well you can go for the $2000 3090 and not have to worry about a MOBO, that said yeah I have no desire for a $1200 3080 either, you know the market is going to be flooded with those z490 motherboards too, so it's not like you're going to get your money back on them. Oh and the $560 PS5 bundle, how nice of them... $400 PS5 with an extra controller, camera, and remote control :D

NewEgg is just eating this shit up.

Well you can go for the $2000 3090 and not have to worry about a MOBO, that said yeah I have no desire for a $1200 3080 either, you know the market is going to be flooded with those z490 motherboards too, so it's not like you're going to get your money back on them. Oh and the $560 PS5 bundle, how nice of them... $400 PS5 with an extra controller, camera, and remote control :D

NewEgg is just eating this shit up.
I put in for the 3080 just because. See what happens. Paying a ~$300 premium for it. Only reason I'd go with it is because by the time 3080s become readily available, the prices will have increased to the $1500 range. =/

I have zero problem paying the $1100 or whatever the 3080/mainboard bundle was. That card alone is going for $1200 easy on eBay if the wife gets pissed.

I have zero problem paying the $1100 or whatever the 3080/mainboard bundle was. That card alone is going for $1200 easy on eBay if the wife gets pissed.

You need to pay tax on that, and eBay fees total to almost 13%, and you need to ship it (probably insured and signature required), and best of all, there are scammers out there. You will lose money on the deal. Better make sure you really want it.

Whoops, you have to actually click the check mark instead of just ‘view details’.

Apparently later in the shuffle they ran out, and you could actually just submit for just the 3080. :confused: Them some planning.

You need to pay tax on that, and eBay fees total to almost 13%, and you need to ship it (probably insured and signature required), and best of all, there are scammers out there. You will lose money on the deal. Better make sure you really want it.

Well bids for the strix are hitting alot more than 1200 it's closer to 1400-1600. So can you make money, yes. Can you loose money, yes (scammers). I have a use case for both the mobo and strix, though.

Admittingly, the z490 is not ideal, but I can use it.

Last edited:
An hour and 15 min later got my reject notification. I guess it makes sense - in case someone else passes on it.

1 hour 26 minutes after supposed time notification. That's pretty slow. I wonder how many submissions they had. lol

Yeah, my question is how much time are you given to buy? 15 min? 30 min?

It was pretty long this time (well sort of long lol, at least compared to last time). I believe it was a 3 or 4 hour window. To put this in perspective, yesterdays window was a whole 2 hours.

Last edited:
nVidia 6800XT to hold someone over for an AMD version : https://www.walmart.com/ip/e-GeForce-6800XT-Graphics-Card/740388152

Only 1 left!

-Most helpful positive review
Average Rating 5.0 out of 5stars

What a beautiful office paper weight. Purchased for Nostalgia. Makes me feel like I'm playing Everquest 1 with AOL and helps me forget about my failed marriage.

-Most helpful negative review
Average Rating 1.0 out of 5stars

16-year-old e-waste cash-grab Supplier is trying to charge $130 for a piece of garbage from 2004 that happens to have a similar name to a current-generation top-of-the-line graphics card, in the hopes that some clueless boomer will just click "buy" instead of doing their research. Not even joking, you can buy a newer and better card from most PC repair shops for $5-$10, yet these chuckleheads have the audacity to ask $130 for it? Avoid at all costs and do your freakin' research

Last edited:
That was insane to watch. I got the alert for Porter's post, went to the site, every "see details" button was disappearing, was able to add the Founders Edition to cart (just to see), hit the back button, and they were ALL Sold Out.

The RTX 3090 is still available, but I already got several weeks ago. Need a 3080 FE.

Does it feel wrong to anyone to pay $150-200 over reference/fe for cards? This crazy.

Does it feel wrong to anyone to pay $150-200 over reference/fe for cards? This crazy.
I don't think it's a big deal for a 3080 to be $100-$150 over reference for some models, but that level of pricing on the 3060Ti cards seems ridiculous. Looking forward to the $450-$500 3060 12GB cards.

Its a strange feeling. On one hand I don't like over paying for anything.

On the other hand if you wait or hesitate even for a minute its OOS again.

I had the 3090 in the cart and then started thinking about paying $1500 for playing PC games....By the time I hit "checkout" it was OOS again.

Damn it was gonna snag another 3060ti. I didn't have my chrome browswer opened lol. octoshop had bunch of notifications when I opened chrome. Damn that customer meeting, who wants to make money? i need to spend it. ROFL!

Yes it does. Granted a good chunk of it may be due to tariffs, but pre-tariff increase some of them felt weird... $400 card, and here's a different version that was $480... I mean a 20% increase for very little if any actual gain, and no not an RGB upgrade... then whammo tariffs raise and the price goes up another 20% ... yeah I can wait it out until tariff rules change, or supply catches up with demand (although we all know they're not rewinding the clock on prices, you may occasionally see a $50 off sale but these are the new normal)

I keep seeing 3070s at 650 and up. That’s a 30% premium over the founders edition. That’s just crazy. At that price why not get a 3080fe? This generation (amd&nvidia) just don’t make sense.

Damn it was gonna snag another 3060ti. I didn't have my chrome browswer opened lol. octoshop had bunch of notifications when I opened chrome. Damn that customer meeting, who wants to make money? i need to spend it. ROFL!
Well I managed to throw 3 into my cart, unfortunately I got California'd out and making me play the click, go click go click go... JUST GO!!! Out of Stock game just broke me. And my desire has dropped to zero for these cards.

Reactions: NKD
like this
Man other then the reference cards its straight up scalping to the max by these manufacturers. MERC 6900xt was 1099 lol, now best buy updated it to 1499. Don't believe this crap about tarriffs raising the rate by 400. AIBs be totally taking advantage of the demand and raping wallets lol. Using tarriffs as an all out excuse.

Yeah its purely opportunistic pricing. But if people keep buying them up in seconds the price must be bearable for the market. All these impatient people are setting the table for this pricing to continue.

Man other then the reference cards its straight up scalping to the max by these manufacturers. MERC 6900xt was 1099 lol, now best buy updated it to 1499. Don't believe this crap about tarriffs raising the rate by 400. AIBs be totally taking advantage of the demand and raping wallets lol. Using tarriffs as an all out excuse.
10 year lerker...

agree there is some total markup for the cashgrab but the tariffs levied are 10-25% and I bet video cards (due to the "supercomputing" ability") are getting the 25%.
I got a Asus Strix LC for $1079 at Microcenter; its original msrp was $899. That is about 17% over msrp so I don't think all the companies are being @sses about it

Last edited:
Yeah its purely opportunistic pricing. But if people keep buying them up in seconds the price must be bearable for the market. All these impatient people are setting the table for this pricing to continue.
All this has done is put a damper on my enthusiasm for this entire hobby. For the first time since the late 90s I've just about had it. I never thought that this would happen but this whole thing just stinks.

Back