[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

You don't think $650 per year is worth running when the value of the payout is likely to only increase further as crypto gains further acceptance? Especially when the machine is already running for GPU mining?

We come from different schools of finance apparently. :p
Maybe. I won't have it running all the time though, I do have to get work done too. All said and done I would say closer to $300, so maybe I will run it maybe I will not. Who knows by the time I build this, cpu based mining may be worth pennies.

Man I had my cart open as soon as alerts started popping off, got in queue for 5x cards. They never changed from Please Wait... The site was also super slow for the first minute or so, I think they got murdered by bots.

Had a 3080 FE in my cart, but it's the same ol' story "no longer available for pickup at the store...", etc. I keep clicking the button anyway, and eventually it auto-removes it from my cart.

Button updates to 'Unavailable Nearby', which pretty much signals the end. I'm sure if I refresh the button will update to 'Sold Out'.

Been doing this for 6 months now, and have never gotten any further than this with BB. Of course, I only want a 3080 FE, which is pretty much a MSRP unicorn at this point.

I have a friend who was able to pick up a 3080 Founder’s Edition from the Best Buy drop today. He said he had to turn off his VPN, re-add his credit card, and re-verify his email with a code just to buy the card.

Had a 3080 FE in my cart, but it's the same ol' story "no longer available for pickup at the store...", etc. I keep clicking the button anyway, and eventually it auto-removes it from my cart.

Button updates to 'Unavailable Nearby', which pretty much signals the end. I'm sure if I refresh the button will update to 'Sold Out'.

Been doing this for 6 months now, and have never gotten any further than this with BB. Of course, I only want a 3080 FE, which is pretty much a MSRP unicorn at this point.

Yea, so I got a 3070fe in the cart for 10 minutes. I clicked on every bestbuy within 250 miles and would not proceed to checkout. If only they allowed delivery.... FU BB. It's not worth me trying to get best buy drops. That's what I learned.

BB twists the knife with false hope.

At least Zotac there's no foreplay lol.

Yea, so I got a 3070fe in the cart for 10 minutes. I clicked on every bestbuy within 250 miles and would not proceed to checkout. If only they allowed delivery.... FU BB. It's not worth me trying to get best buy drops. That's what I learned.
I never change the location. I always stick with it. They do drops in waves, so there's a chance they will allocate more. Problem is, they eventually remove the item from your cart which makes you start all over again, which is bullshit, imo.

I never change the location. I always stick with it. They do drops in waves, so there's a chance they will allocate more. Problem is, they eventually remove the item from your cart which makes you start all over again, which is bullshit, imo.

I live in a relatively sparse population (I live in MT) so I don't know how many cards they actually get or any cards for that matter. To put this in perspective. Only 3 best buys are in Montana. I still have to drive 60 miles to the nearest lol.

Maybe. I won't have it running all the time though, I do have to get work done too. All said and done I would say closer to $300, so maybe I will run it maybe I will not. Who knows by the time I build this, cpu based mining may be worth pennies.
I run 24/7 with parameters set to only use 14c/28t. Leaves me enough CPU power to do the rest of my light tasks. Otherwise I'll just pause it to do anything heavier on the CPU.

AMD is putting up cpus. 5600x is still up. 5800x was up for a few minutes. Anyone know, did I miss the GPUs today?

AMD is putting up cpus. 5600x is still up. 5800x was up for a few minutes. Anyone know, did I miss the GPUs today?

If they were up, it was for a fraction of a second. I never saw them in stock and I was sitting in front of my computer all day.

I just looked at their profitability calculator and they say a 5950x at my electric cost of 0.19 would be $1.76/day. Can't imagine dumping down to 65w would increase the efficiency enough?
for which coin?

Monero used to be a solid option for for 12+ cores. And you could always convert it to another coin which has better short term gains. But Monero has had solid long term increase, like some others.

If they were up, it was for a fraction of a second. I never saw them in stock and I was sitting in front of my computer all day.

Amd was up. It was really short, they were sold out before they showed in stock. That's due amd having a shitty webstore.

Newegg Shuffle's starting. I only tried for the 3070's combos. The rest is bleh.

The 3080 alone isn't bad either. Considering all the high end 3080's went up in price (as lame as it is...) Those 6900xt's though. :eek:

I would actually really like the 3080 with attached AIO. That's how I'm cooling my 1080Ti using the Kraken G12 right now. Not that I expect to actually win the shuffle or anything.

The 6900s are so far out of whack it amazes me that people are buying them.

did you just get here? This is the new normal for PC hardware. The higher the price, the more twitch viewers! ROI! Subscribe to the stream today and watch me mine ethereum while I play DOTA2 and review Overwatch fanfics! You won’t believe the reaction! Live!

it’s APUs for everybody except the internet famous now.

How does the Best Buy one work? Do you just wait for the button to turn yellow on the second confirmation screen? I refreshed it a few times on the last drop and I think i reset my spot =[

How does the Best Buy one work? Do you just wait for the button to turn yellow on the second confirmation screen? I refreshed it a few times on the last drop and I think i reset my spot =[
Yes, refreshing it is bad, don't do that. When it turns yellow the second time, it means you've made it to the front of the queue. At this time, the product will either be sold out (it often says at this point that the product is not available for sale online, in which case you're done,) it will be available when you are to cart but nowhere near you (nowhere within 250 miles, though if you're desperate you can try entering wild zip codes,) or by some miracle it's in stock and nearby. If the last one you need to check out as quickly as you can, nothing is reserved until you compete checkout and get the confirmation email. I've been around for nearly every best buy drop this year and have yet to score a card. Many of the bots can now bypass best buys quite system so it's mostly a waste of time.

What do you guys think about AMD stock? It's down about $20 since last year, is now a good time to buy or should I wait a little longer for it to dip some more?

BB is a waste of time. I picked up about 6 cards from them in previous drops, (Jan to before mid March - typically one per drop, but one drop I got two) but I haven’t picked up any cards in the last four drops despite trying with my wife, and daughter and four PCs and a phone. The Stellar bot has defeated the BB queues so humans cannot get cards anymore at BB. An acquaintance bought the Stellar bot and confirmed it can literally skip the Best Buy 2 minute queue. So while you are forced to wait at the gray button, the bots are just clearing everything out without obstacle behind the scenes and when your button turns yellow, they will all be out of stock in your area. The only way this won’t happen at this time is if you happen to live in some rural area without a bot renter within 250 miles. Chances are really low there because BB stores are only in populated areas and there are about 10,000 Stellar bot customers. (Purposely limited population allowed)

https://twitter.com/dead_iee/status/1378066452557615105?s=21

It’s been like this for two months or so. BB hasn’t fixed it. You’ll get to add them to cart. I’ve added dozens to the cart in the last four drops, so have my wife and daughter but the chances of you actually checking out are practically zero until BB updates their bot prevention measures again to break Stellar bot.

Amazon and Newegg are taken over by the cheaper “snail” bot.

Evga B stock is now starting to be targeted by more bots.

Increasingly, the only way to get a card now is EVGA notify queue, or Microcenter camping.

This madness may change a couple months after July’s EIP 1559 ETH update which will cut Ethereum’s gas fees paid to miners, thus cutting ETH mining profitability. The 3080TI card will also have handicapped mining capability so it may be less a target for miners.

Last edited:
BB is a waste of time. I picked up about 6 cards from them in previous drops, (Jan to before mid March - typically one per drop, but one drop I got two) but I haven’t picked up any cards in the last four drops despite trying with my wife, and daughter and four PCs and a phone. The Stellar bot has defeated the BB queues so humans cannot get cards anymore at BB. An acquaintance bought the Stellar bot and confirmed it can literally skip the Best Buy 2 minute queue. So while you are forced to wait at the gray button, the bots are just clearing everything out without obstacle behind the scenes and when your button turns yellow, they will all be out of stock in your area. The only way this won’t happen at this time is if you happen to live in some rural area without a bot renter within 250 miles. Chances are really low there because BB stores are only in populated areas and there are about 10,000 Stellar bot customers. (Purposely limited population allowed)

https://twitter.com/dead_iee/status/1378066452557615105?s=21

It’s been like this for two months or so. BB hasn’t fixed it. You’ll get to add them to cart. I’ve added dozens to the cart in the last four drops, so have my wife and daughter but the chances of you actually checking out are practically zero until BB updates their bot prevention measures again to break Stellar bot.

Amazon and Newegg are taken over by the cheaper “snail” bot.

Evga B stock is now starting to be targeted by more bots.

Increasingly, the only way to get a card now is EVGA notify queue, or Microcenter camping.

This madness may change a couple months after July’s EIP 1559 ETH update which will cut Ethereum’s gas fees paid to miners, thus cutting ETH mining profitability. The 3080TI card will also have handicapped mining capability so it may be less a target for miners.

BB queue bypass was broken in mid Apr when I tried Stellar, maybe time to try it again if they fixed it...I am getting withdrawal symptoms due to lack of new GPU smell 😝

Yes, refreshing it is bad, don't do that. When it turns yellow the second time, it means you've made it to the front of the queue. At this time, the product will either be sold out (it often says at this point that the product is not available for sale online, in which case you're done,) it will be available when you are to cart but nowhere near you (nowhere within 250 miles, though if you're desperate you can try entering wild zip codes,) or by some miracle it's in stock and nearby. If the last one you need to check out as quickly as you can, nothing is reserved until you compete checkout and nfi the confirmation email. I've been around for nearly every best buy drop this year and have yet to score a card. Many of the bots can now bypass best buys quite system so it's mostly a waste of time.
Dang thanks again for the info. The last BB drop was my first time and the feeling of not knowing if you are doing the correct steps was killing me lol. I was on my phone too and was wondering if that button was ever going to refresh by itself and turn yellow.

Then I did the unbelievable and press refresh and site refreshed to hard sold out grey sign. 🥺

BB is a waste of time. I picked up about 6 cards from them in previous drops, (Jan to before mid March - typically one per drop, but one drop I got two) but I haven’t picked up any cards in the last four drops despite trying with my wife, and daughter and four PCs and a phone. The Stellar bot has defeated the BB queues so humans cannot get cards anymore at BB.

I've also heard of people using these bots and getting zilch. Honestly your post reads like an advertisement.

I've also heard of people using these bots and getting zilch. Honestly your post reads like an advertisement.
It’s not. I’ve never used any type of shopping bot, though I’ve spent an incredible amount of time manually chasing down the ampere cards I’ve bought.
I’m in a bunch of Discord threads, and a mining group. Just recounting what I’ve heard.

Last edited:
Regarding BB, I'll chime in to mention that for the 2 drops I've been ready for and participated in, I'm 2/2. One in April and one in May, both manual. So I think BB is certainly still a possibility manually. I've used PC web (vs app) and targeted specific online only evga cards (NOT FTW or 3080) and ignored the founders stuff. Be logged in, have your card page(s) ready (or use a saved items list), don't refresh and don't sit there waiting for your button to turn yellow- keep hitting it while it's white every few seconds.

I realize that I'm an n=1, and not saying that BB isn't botted, just that I'd ignore Amazon and the zotac lottery garbage before I quit trying for BB.

And it can't just be luck, right? Because I'm 0/lots on the shuffle like everyone else.

Having manually copped cards from all sources BB, NE, BH, Amazon, Zotac, AMD and consoles from BB, Walmart, Target, Sony and MS direct, it is all dumb luck and persistence...unless you are doing this professionally and invest time in setting up a bot keeping up with latest releases...

Regarding BB, I'll chime in to mention that for the 2 drops I've been ready for and participated in, I'm 2/2. One in April and one in May, both manual. So I think BB is certainly still a possibility manually. I've used PC web (vs app) and targeted specific online only evga cards (NOT FTW or 3080) and ignored the founders stuff. Be logged in, have your card page(s) ready (or use a saved items list), don't refresh and don't sit there waiting for your button to turn yellow- keep hitting it while it's white every few seconds.

I realize that I'm an n=1, and not saying that BB isn't botted, just that I'd ignore Amazon and the zotac lottery garbage before I quit trying for BB.

And it can't just be luck, right? Because I'm 0/lots on the shuffle like everyone else.

Interesting - skipping *all* FE probably saves me a lot of heartache. If only I knew to do this sooner lmao.

Interesting - skipping *all* FE probably saves me a lot of heartache. If only I knew to do this sooner lmao.
Kinda went without saying that if the whole world is gunning for FEs and FTW3, ignore those and look at everything else that the herd isn't. Basemodel gigabytes, basemodel MSI, etc. Its the same core on all these cards. I've tested enough makes and models from high-tier to low-tier to have data that they're all essentially the same.

The "I only want an FE" people that then also complain they never get anything are going to continue having a bad time

Last edited:
I've tested enough makes and models from high-tier to low-tier to have data that they're all essentially the same.

XC3 3080 only has two 8pin power connectors (like FE), while the FTW3 3080 has three. (2x150)+75 = 375w hard power limit, which unfortunately results in major throttling if OCing due to the ridiculously inefficient and power-hungry architecture

the chips are the same, but there is a concrete difference between certain cards beyond clock binning/HSF thats important for enthusiasts to consider

XC3 3080 only has two 8pin power connectors (like FE), while the FTW3 3080 has three. (2x150)+75 = 375w hard power limit, which unfortunately results in major throttling if OCing due to the ridiculously inefficient and power-hungry architecture

the chips are the same, but there is a concrete difference between certain cards beyond clock binning/HSF thats important for enthusiasts to consider
The FE have 1 12pin connector.

EVGA B-stock was "in stock" for so long but I got soooo many errors trying to check out so many different cards, what an absolute bummer.
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 3.21.18 PM.png

Back