[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Why are the bots preventing the 5950x from going GA on Amazon today, at the price Ant is selling theirs, you will not make a profit...sometimes these days it seems like the bots are just buying because the tasks are set to buy. 5900x's are going for 665, you can only hope to break even on those even with a store sub....
I saw that earlier and ordered one. I hope it shows up as its only a tiny bit above MSRP and seems like supply isn't getting any better.

Why are the bots preventing the 5950x from going GA on Amazon today, at the price Ant is selling theirs, you will not make a profit...sometimes these days it seems like the bots are just buying because the tasks are set to buy. 5900x's are going for 665, you can only hope to break even on those even with a store sub....
I just checked Amazon and they showed tons of 5950x at scalper priced, but I clicked on available from others and found one for $799.99 with prime. However, clicking add to cart just took me to an empty cart and it didn't show as an option again. Weird.

It was a white 3080 at 4:38am est from zotac is all I know. You know how their website gets when 2 or more people show up. And yes a 5900x on amazon that one has no chance to buy.

I know they aren't required. Like I said good deeds deserve rewards.
It's a good discord. I joined the discord Mar 21. Mar 23 I had the XSS and PS5 , Mar 25 XSX, Apr 2nd donated $75, Apr 8 6900XT ... like I said before just trying to pass on wins now.

To scgt1, I appreciate you cropping out my callsign in screenshots, that was very conscientious.

It's a good discord. I joined the discord Mar 21. Mar 23 I had the XSS and PS5 , Mar 25 XSX, Apr 2nd donated $75, Apr 8 6900XT ... like I said before just trying to pass on wins now.

To scgt1, I appreciate you cropping out my callsign in screenshots, that was very conscientious.
Nice dude!
I didnt think the discords would help in the beginning. But I scored in the first few days also

I expect as crypto’s price increases so will card prices. Ethereum’s value has more than doubled since February and the gpu situation was just as bleak then.

just wait till the TIs show up that don't have mining ability (yet), the non-tis will sky rocket.
I’d love to think that, but if you spend anytime over on the ethereum mining Reddit, it’s clear that people will still buy them, mine at the lower hash rate, then turn around and flip the cards when PoS hits. With electricity being so low compared to the reward, people are looking to fill every slot they can. Even with the 1x hash limiting criteria in place, people will just buy old systems for cheap and factor in that price because profits are so high right now.

I’d love to think that, but if you spend anytime over on the ethereum mining Reddit, it’s clear that people will still buy them, mine at the lower hash rate, then turn around and flip the cards when PoS hits. With electricity being so low compared to the reward, people are looking to fill every slot they can. Even with the 1x hash limiting criteria in place, people will just buy old systems for cheap and factor in that price because profits are so high right now.
Im buying prebuilts instead of cards, its just easier and Ill deal with the waiting period
Ebay $1900-$2600 for a 3080
Prebuilt with 3080 (on sale) $1900-$2200

The AMD cards in the shuffle haven't been worth clicking on in a while, they are just priced way too high for the performance level. I have only been clicking on EVGA 3070s (to request a step up to 3080 from evga) or actual 3080s. Currently using a 1080Ti, nothing else seems to make sense for me at 1440p.

My 3070s at half their normal hashing rate would still be better miners than my RX 580 8GBs. That's in terms of both raw hashrate and power efficiency.

My 3070s at half their normal hashing rate would still be better miners than my RX 580 8GBs. That's in terms of both raw hashrate and power efficiency.
Exactly. This hash rate hack will scare away the casual miner, but in the end won’t help people who want them solely to game. In a way, halving the hash rate will keep people from driving the difficulty up as much, making the non nerfed cards even more valuable short term.

Exactly. This hash rate hack will scare away the casual miner, but in the end won’t help people who want them solely to game. In a way, halving the hash rate will keep people from driving the difficulty up as much, making the non nerfed cards even more valuable short term.
Yeah the non gimped cards are going up in value for sure.

So I got the $2000 Asus RTX 3080 from Best Buy. The box was already opened, didn't notice till I got home. Luckily the 3080 was in there, and it appears to have booted up fine. I installed HW Info first to get some screenshots for everyone on what's in this thing if you were curious, I can start another thread. Mainboard is an Asus B560-G Gaming. TUF RTX 3080. SK Hynix PC3200 CAS22 ram.

I did notice in the SSD/HDD section it shows that it was already power cycled 15 times and on for 6 hours. I've turned it on ONCE for about half an hour now. Apparently the kids at Best Buy were screwing around? :/

But even a gimped 3080Ti will still sell for more on the open market than a non-gimped 3080.
I think it really depends on what’s driving demand. If it’s gamers then yes, I agree. If it’s people mining then the hash rate should guide the price. I’m an AAE but I did take a few courses in economics with a super cute Russian TA…

No it won’t.

Why would it? Gamers aren’t paying $2-$3k for a 3080. Miners are.
We'll see when it comes out. I think there is enough emotion and FOMO driving this market that the hashrate doesn't matter, they will be unobtainium just like everything else. Look at the 5900, and 5950x. Are miners buying them? Theoretically, they are a huge waste of money for mining, but here we are. Everyone of those that hits the Internet are gone immediately. You could argue they just aren't being produced I suppose. Do you have any numbers on those?

I hope you are right though. If so, I should be able to just buy a 3080Ti one at MSRP by the end of 2021. I just don't see it happening.

We'll see when it comes out. I think there is enough emotion and FOMO driving this market that the hashrate doesn't matter, they will be unobtainium just like everything else. Look at the 5900, and 5950x. Are miners buying them? Theoretically, they are a huge waste of money for mining, but here we are. Everyone of those that hits the Internet are gone immediately. You could argue they just aren't being produced I suppose. Do you have any numbers on those?

I hope you are right though. If so, I should be able to just buy a 3080Ti one at MSRP by the end of 2021. I just don't see it happening.
I'll admit that my 3070 purchase was partially due to emotion/FOMO as well as "let's see if I can even get anything". Oh, and a crap load of luck.

But I'd wager that the botters/scalpers are what's helping drive the 5900/5950 scarcity. As long as there is demand they'll bot [hot tech item] by the dozen and resell while us non-botters compete for scraps or pay the scalper premium. And yeah, that's probably going to include gimped RTX cards, unfortunately. At least until something changes this situation, be it increased production/stock, a mining crash, or anti-bot tech (yeah, right). But I hope Archaea is right too.

I'll admit that my 3070 purchase was partially due to emotion/FOMO as well as "let's see if I can even get anything". Oh, and a crap load of luck.

But I'd wager that the botters/scalpers are what's helping drive the 5900/5950 scarcity. As long as there is demand they'll bot [hot tech item] by the dozen and resell while us non-botters compete for scraps or pay the scalper premium. And yeah, that's probably going to include gimped RTX cards, unfortunately. At least until something changes this situation, be it increased production/stock, a mining crash, or anti-bot tech (yeah, right). But I hope Archaea is right too.
Someone else said and I hope it is going to happen. But It could end up that we have to use bots to buy common things at fair prices in the future.
Electronics, shoes etc so far.
I see eBay seller with $500 Nikes and GPUs listed

Someone else said and I hope it is going to happen. But It could end up that we have to use bots to buy common things at fair prices in the future.
Electronics, shoes etc so far.
I see eBay seller with $500 Nikes and GPUs listed
People are quite motivated by the opportunity to make an easy buck. The whole world is filled with lots of consumer costs that add no value to the final product. Look at the contracting business. I harp on that all the time. Companies don't want the hassle of hiring a permanent employee, so they contract work out that gets subcontracted three or four times and each contractor takes a cut. The actual person doing the job gets maybe a quarter of the contract price while several others take cuts of the money. Think of "scalpers" as contractors. The manufacturers are using their services to distribute products even though they didn't hire them. They will continue to stay employed until we no longer buy the product.

Back