[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Email says the items are in my cart but it’s empty on the app and website so far. I just bought a 5600x yesterday so if I can actually buy it I’ll sell or trade it here.

Email says the items are in my cart but it’s empty on the app and website so far. I just bought a 5600x yesterday so if I can actually buy it I’ll sell or trade it here.

It starts at 3pm pst.

1611182820615.png

Frankly, I want to express that we should not be so fixated at the MSRP anymore. Clearly, NVIDIA and AMD pricing departments made mistakes in pricing their products. As we can see consumers' willingness to pay are much higher than the MSRP. Therefore, NVIDIA and AMD will and should adjust their MSRP (okay, should - means for their companies' benefits, not for consumers) such that they don't leave too much money on the table. Some people are saying the MSRP are fake. They are not fake. I believe both companies are as surprised as we are that the consumers' willingness to pay are much higher. How much higher? We will see, but from what I can see, probably 15-25% higher than the current MSRP.

I honestly can't believe AMD/Nvidia haven't played their supply/demand better. I'd jack prices up to the street price until the supply channel and all shelves were full, then start cutting prices to move product. If not the OEM's, at least the Newegg's and Best Buys of the world should be. Capitalism, you're doing it wrong! (letting scalpers take all their unrealized margins)

Nice, placed my order for the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 and Z490 mobo (which I’ll sell since I just built an AM4 system). Not the best deal in the world for a 3080 but I’m more than happy. Couldn’t figure out how to change the shipping method for expedited delivery, I’m assuming you can’t with these combos.

Nice, placed my order for the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 and Z490 mobo (which I’ll sell since I just built an AM4 system). Not the best deal in the world for a 3080 but I’m more than happy. Couldn’t figure out how to change the shipping method for expedited delivery, I’m assuming you can’t with these combos.

Well the strix is msrp 930-950 right now. So it's not exactly going to be the best price no matter what.

I have never been able to buy any of the new RTX / Ryzens from Newegg.

I have never been able to buy any of the new RTX / Ryzens from Newegg.

Only the big drops were I ever able to add something to my cart and that was last friday when I was off. No 3080's dropped on that day either. 3060ti/3070/3090

I don't see anything on the Newegg phone app about when the shuffle begins or when the purchase windows opens?

I don't see anything on the Newegg phone app about when the shuffle begins or when the purchase windows opens?

Yea, the only reason I saw it was because of a discord link, it was 15 minutes before it was closing. So I don't know what the deal is. In fact it said the newegg app was supposed to notify me, but it never did.

It didn't show up on twitter either.

One of the discords I’m in linked the event otherwise I would have never known about it. Whether on purpose or not, Newegg didn’t exactly do a good job of advertising it.

Edit: I believe Newegg will be doing a ‘shuffle’ daily, at least that’s the word on the discord servers.

Last edited:
I honestly can't believe AMD/Nvidia haven't played their supply/demand better. I'd jack prices up to the street price until the supply channel and all shelves were full, then start cutting prices to move product. If not the OEM's, at least the Newegg's and Best Buys of the world should be. Capitalism, you're doing it wrong! (letting scalpers take all their unrealized margins)

And you will make every single "loyal" customer that bought at the higher price so mad and demanding refund, you would have damaged the relationship forever.

I’m basically set for now on the main rig and really would like a 6800/6800xt to top it off.

Ordered the 5600x and Mobo combo I was selected for. I will be looking to sell here for cost and shipping or trade.

Interesting. They have been doing the combo drops for a long time now and took some flak for that too. Its cool to see them trying something different and responding to feedback concerning combos and also willing to tweak the lotto.

Is there a signup or notification for the next Newegg raffle?
If I happen to see it on Discord I’ll post here. There must be a better way, I’m just not aware of it. When I saw the discord notification today I checked Newegg’s home page (nothing there) and I googled it (nothing popped up).

I just happened to be off work today and spending way too much time on [H]. :cool:. I'll try and enter each one to help pass along the goods if people here are interested.

And you will make every single "loyal" customer that bought at the higher price so mad and demanding refund, you would have damaged the relationship forever.
Early adopters know what they're getting into. Look at the eBay prices. The people buying there are the most "loyal" customers of all.

Got a PS5 order in at Amazon thanks to an ATR - Stonks discord server alert. The direct link to the offers page was especially useful because main product page said unavailable, but add to cart and checkout worked on the offers page. Sold by Amazon at msrp.

Early adopters know what they're getting into. Look at the eBay prices. The people buying there are the most "loyal" customers of all.

That is different. Those were buying from individual sellers. If the manufacturer does what you said, people would not be happy. It is basic human psychology - no one wants to pay more than necessary, especially they know there would be a price cut in 3 months.

An example - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2007/sep/07/11

I think Apple ended up providing credits to its customers. https://www.cultofmac.com/500422/tiah-200-iphone-reduction/

Unbelievable. I was able to add a PS5 to my Best Buy cart but i was only able to check out if I selected a store about 500 miles away. Check out, order confirmed, can’t change store pickup to a local location, CS can’t change it either, order cancelled. I’m not driving 500 miles for a $400 purchase, but on the bright side I learned in the future I absolutely have to select a local store. Kudos to anyone that got one during the Best Buy drop today.

Unbelievable. I was able to add a PS5 to my Best Buy cart but i was only able to check out if I selected a store about 500 miles away. Check out, order confirmed, can’t change store pickup to a local location, CS can’t change it either, order cancelled. I’m not driving 500 miles for a $400 purchase, but on the bright side I learned in the future I absolutely have to select a local store. Kudos to anyone that got one during the Best Buy drop today.

I tried to add a ps4, while I got it in my cart, they would not ship it to any stores within 250 miles. So basically the entire state of Montana. :ROFLMAO:

I keep seeing gpus on telegram come up for sale. The problem is I don’t know if the prices are msrp or not. With this round of gpus prices of after market cards are so much above reference/fe. Anyone know of a site that has msrp prices so I can compare?

I keep seeing gpus on telegram come up for sale. The problem is I don’t know if the prices are msrp or not. With this round of gpus prices of after market cards are so much above reference/fe. Anyone know of a site that has msrp prices so I can compare?

In one short sentence.... it depends

The only cards that seem to be msrp at this point are the fe / amd built gpu's.

What card are you looking for and what country

In the US, Best Buy probably has the best msrp list. Some of the cards have not been updated so it's not a true list.

Bestbuy completely sucks for buying hot items like GPUs, CPUs and PS5s. They don't ship any longer. You have to be lucky enough to be able to add it to your cart and lucky a second time to have the item available at a Bestbuy store near you. So stupid.

Last edited:
Bestbuy completely sucks for buying hot items like GPUs, CPUs and PS4s. They don't ship any longer. You have to be lucky enough to be able to add it to your cart and lucky a second time to have the item available at a Bestbuy store near you. So stupid.
Still better than having to fight bots you have zero chance of winning against.

Bestbuy completely sucks for buying hot items like GPUs, CPUs and PS4s. They don't ship any longer. You have to be lucky enough to be able to add it to your cart and lucky a second time to have the item available at a Bestbuy store near you. So stupid.
Personally... I'd rather they just don't do online sales at all, everyone else does online sales why do you need one more online presence that gets sold out almost instantly due to automation either directly via bots or indirectly via bots scanning every store out there and posting on a discord. You know where people have had the best luck at getting computer hardware? Microcenter, where they don't do online sales for this stuff right now, it's all in store only. Yeah you may have to wait in line, some might be luckier than others, but the number of stories I've heard about people succeeding have been far far greater than those who gotten lucky because they had some discord alert subscription notification, and used Apple Pay to out speed the buy-bots etc.

Now the downside is that there are only like 2 dozen Microcenter locations versus around a thousand BB locations, so obviously the logistics wouldn't work quite as well unless BB decided that only certain stores would get cards, probably those in larger population areas.

My nearest BestBuy is just over three hours away. Microcenter is a day trip. XD

Back