[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Doesn’t sound right. You shouldn’t have returned your prebuilt. Someone “desperate”, would have made that work.
The card was the biggest Ive heard of and wont even fit in my current build 320mm long
I bought it thinking I would sell all the parts and planned to, but I just dont want to mess with shipping or flaky CL buyers.

I’m never around for card drops. I scored an Xbox Series X with extra controller last week and another PS5 with extra controller 2 games and GameStop gift card this week.

The only 3080 I’ve been able to get is the eVGA XC3 Ultra and that was from queue system. I’ve been trying to get another 3000 series card but always miss the drops.

I’m never around for card drops. I scored an Xbox Series X with extra controller last week and another PS5 with extra controller 2 games and GameStop gift card this week.

The only 3080 I’ve been able to get is the eVGA XC3 Ultra and that was from queue system. I’ve been trying to get another 3000 series card but always miss the drops.
I spend hours everyday trying to win, but only won consoles so far.

I spend hours everyday trying to win, but only won consoles so far.
I’m holding onto the consoles in the hopes someone will want to trade for one someday. Maybe I’ll sell them for a small fee on top though who knows. I already have my own consoles.

I haven’t been spending hours trying to get cards just pay attention to my phone when it’s happening but failed at least 3 times in the past few weeks. The rest I was way too late for.

I’m holding onto the consoles in the hopes someone will want to trade for one someday. Maybe I’ll sell them for a small fee on top though who knows. I already have my own consoles.

I haven’t been spending hours trying to get cards just pay attention to my phone when it’s happening but failed at least 3 times in the past few weeks. The rest I was way too late for.
Thats my plan with the consoles too. I think consoles are easier to attain and less sought so not too many takers in that trade probably

Anyone get any gtx 1650/1660 cards? Building a computer for wifes friend and it's been on hiatus for months because I can't find a video card at or around msrp. Let me know if you have a new one or know how I can obtain one. Thanks!

For those of you buying prebuilt that need a video card to drop in your system to resell and keep the ampere card, you might like this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154400509681

I do not know the seller or have any connection.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
For those of you buying prebuilt that need a video card to drop in your system to resell and keep the ampere card, you might like this.

Thanks. I grabbed one to finish building the computer and hopefully can get something more desirable later on.

I'm not sure. The seller has 14 feedback and its for all kinds of stuff an none of it is tech related.

Yeah... Maybe I'm just way more instinctual than most buyers, but everything about that auction screams 'hijacked account'.

XI Computer has RTX 3070/3080 for sale.. a little lower then the normal scalper price. I ended up ordering a 3070. Hopefully the ship time isn't long. I assume they are all FE cards, site doesn't specify. They are a legit company, even though the web site looks straight out of the early 2000.

XI Computer has RTX 3070/3080 for sale.. a little lower then the normal scalper price. I ended up ordering a 3070. Hopefully the ship time isn't long. I assume they are all FE cards, site doesn't specify. They are a legit company, even though the web site looks straight out of the early 2000.

Holy website from the 90s

Yeah... Maybe I'm just way more instinctual than most buyers, but everything about that auction screams 'hijacked account'.
This is the right doubt to have about too good to be true listings in an extreme seller's market. Sure enough that listing's already nuked.

Maybe it'd be worth writing up a guide to identify bad listings because people on a tech forum shouldn't be falling for them easily.

The "who cares I'll just make Ebay give my money back" mentality is also bad because it feeds the cycle: account hijacker is able to withdraw even a few of the paypal payments before the door slams, and he'll keep hijacking because it's worth it.

Last edited:
This is the right doubt to have about too good to be true listings in an extreme seller's market. Sure enough that listing's already nuked.

Maybe it'd be worth writing up a guide to identify bad listings because I don't understand how people on a tech forum would fall for them.

The "who cares I'll just make Ebay give my money back" mentality is also bad because it feeds the cycle: account hijacker is able to withdraw even a few of the paypal payments before the door slams, he'll keep hijacking because it's worth the effort.
I don’t buy stuff that’s obviously a scam. Not sure how one could know it’s a scam besides too low a price. There weren’t misspellings. Long time eBay member, item wasn’t super sought after. It’s a 4GB RX570 or a 1650, Not a 3080 or 3090 or 6800XT etc. You’d think a scammer who was just in it to rip people off would try to sell a camaro, not a calvalier.

since eBay took them down, it’s very likely they are fake, but I didn’t see anything triggering scam besides a low price (read normal expected used price - if not in the strange world we live in now) that would indicate it was a scam.

as to selling a variety of random items... psh. Everyone does that. My own eBay history is like a botique store of rather random things. When you have a family and use eBay - that tends to happen.

They are most likely the cheapest most basic cards available. I couldn’t make myself order one. Hopefully works out for you.

I don’t buy stuff that’s obviously a scam. Not sure how one could know it’s a scam besides too low a price. There weren’t misspellings. Long time eBay member, item wasn’t super sought after. It’s a 4GB RX570 or a 1650, Not a 3080 or 3090 or 6800XT etc. You’d think a scammer who was just in it to rip people off would try to sell a camaro, not a calvalier.
Because scammers have learned not to do the high profile stuff with that particular type of scam, because it gets instantly shut down by ebay's algorithms. That's why they've shifted to "you wouldn't think" stuff like like 1650's and older GPU's. But then they also get kinda lazy and use the same item/photo/description with misspellings bad english across multiple hacked accounts, which makes them even easier to spot. Again it would require its own thread to really get into the scammer meta, but just avoid TGTBT prices.

Last edited:
FE are only sold through Best Buy

lol where do you work? No wifi there?
No wifi. I'm stuck on cellular. I'm not working where I normally work, but still have a couple of months left stuck there. Verizon is pretty fast where I normally live/work, but here, it sucks. Not only is it slow, but the lag/ping is huge. In the actual building, Verizon is useless. It will say you have 2 bars of LTE, but constantly fail to send even a simple text. I ended up picking up a T-mobile hotspot for the duration of the time I'm here. It makes internet and wifi calling usable, but the lag is still insane. Makes it impossible to get cards on any of these drops, even if I can take a break and get on the phone/laptop to try. At least I know when I get home, I will be back to 4 on and 4 off, and if my 4 off coincide with a drop day, I can camp on my main rig (fast computer) with my wired internet (also fast!)

Until then, I try to play the frustrating "Let's try to buy a card from best buy over cellular!!" game, lol.

Has anyone ordered from this...place...before?
People talk nostalgia for early 2000s web but forget sites like this.

Has anyone ordered from this...place...before?
People talk nostalgia for early 2000s web but forget sites like this.
I’ve never heard of the place but don’t think I’m willing to buy a card without even knowing which card I’m getting. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I’ve never heard of the place but don’t think I’m willing to buy a card without even knowing which card I’m getting. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Many prebuilts like Dell, Asus, et al don't tell the make. They're generally the reference/pny design with a generic cooler. Run plenty good.
At the price they're quoting, its <150 days of mining for 100% roi

Many prebuilts like Dell, Asus, et al don't tell the make. They're generally the reference/pny design with a generic cooler. Run plenty good.
I understand that especially from companies such as those. For a small company such as this I’d expect to see at least a picture of the item and not some generic description or picture. I haven’t looked at any prebuilts but I assume you can look at pictures to determine what you’re getting.

No wifi. I'm stuck on cellular. I'm not working where I normally work, but still have a couple of months left stuck there. Verizon is pretty fast where I normally live/work, but here, it sucks. Not only is it slow, but the lag/ping is huge. In the actual building, Verizon is useless. It will say you have 2 bars of LTE, but constantly fail to send even a simple text. I ended up picking up a T-mobile hotspot for the duration of the time I'm here. It makes internet and wifi calling usable, but the lag is still insane. Makes it impossible to get cards on any of these drops, even if I can take a break and get on the phone/laptop to try. At least I know when I get home, I will be back to 4 on and 4 off, and if my 4 off coincide with a drop day, I can camp on my main rig (fast computer) with my wired internet (also fast!)

Until then, I try to play the frustrating "Let's try to buy a card from best buy over cellular!!" game, lol.

I work for AT&T so not really pitching shit but in reality internally I know shit tons of improvements that have been made since they started firstnet buildout. That added north of 2000 towers so far and pumps business and consumer networks as well on top of dedicated band for first responders.

Verizon had my mind share pretty well then even after a year working at AT&T I refused to move, even though I would get 50% off lol and then I finally did after year and half because wife's family had AT&T. She was like you are brain washed by Verizon just throwing away money haha. Plus every penny matters when you settle down, haha. Really I can't tell the difference. Moved to Michigan in 2019 and my neighborhood page on Facebook has posts of everyone with Verizon talking about no signal and what others are doing, I was like wtf haha. I have moved lot of businesses from Verizon over last year but then there are also those who Verizon charges overage of 14k a month and we discovered it for them at AT&T but they still decide to stay with them because CEO can't sleep without Verizon and CFO hates verizon for what they did lol. I am like all power to your wallet! Let it be raped!

Now back to drops. Hope you catch one.

I've researched them a little and they are a legit company.. I work for the government and we have to get most of our electronics from GSA which is partnered with this company. I've also seen them listed on Nvidia's web site. I think they sell more towards the business cad community then personal users. Hence the shitty web site. That's my assumption anyways. The GSA site is similar to this nonsense. Straight from 1990.

I've researched them a little and they are a legit company.. I work for the government and we have to get most of our electronics from GSA which is partnered with this company. I've also seen them listed on Nvidia's web site. I think they sell more towards the business cad community then personal users. Hence the shitty web site. That's my assumption anyways. The GSA site is similar to this nonsense. Straight from 1990.

Probably! Businesses like that usually have ongoing relationship so no one probably doesn't go to their site for those kinda orders. Hence still old school design.

Probably! Businesses like that usually have ongoing relationship so no one probably doesn't go to their site for those kinda orders. Hence still old school design.
I contacted them and they responded telling me that all current inventory is going into systems and that I could check again in a few weeks. Still wouldn't give me any details about what card or cooler type or size or etc though.

I contacted them and they responded telling me that all current inventory is going into systems and that I could check again in a few weeks. Still wouldn't give me any details about what card or cooler type or size or etc though.
Sadly, that still can be considered a deal now a day. Ebay price for $1300-1500 for 3070, and almost 1k for a 3060. The insanity is high.

Back