[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Yeah I tried adding to Cart and nothing said it was OOS.

Update: Was able to get the Ugly Gigabyte card in my cart but removed it cause it's soooo ugly lol.

Last edited:
BTW, MicroCenter had plenty of 4090s.

Attachments

• 697C33B9-25AC-4CDC-B832-3D19541B6618.jpeg
    697C33B9-25AC-4CDC-B832-3D19541B6618.jpeg
    597.8 KB · Views: 0
had a couple opportunities on some this am but ultimately passed, my 3080ti runs everything max on my 3440x1440p @ 120 so I would just be buying for bragging rights at this point...
Yeah, I actually parted out most of my existing PC a few months ago including my 3090. Have a new build started and wanted to grab one of these to future-roof me for a while.

Best Buy is sold out of their stock it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if they are shipping in small batches to keep supply low and demand high. It amazes me people are willing to pay this sort of msrp for GPUs but maybe that's just me.

Guys, make sure you look at the size of these AIB cards before buying. The Asus 4090 I purchased today does not fit into my Lian Li O11 Dynamic. Here is an example of what these new cards look like compared to a typical 3090ti.

Asus 4090 on top
EVGA 3090ti on the bottom

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Guys, make sure you look at the size of these AIB cards before buying. The Asus 4090 I purchased today does not fix into my Lian Li O11 Dynamic. Here is an example of what these new cards look like compared to a typical 3090ti.

Asus 4090 on top
I hate to be that guy, but these cards are designed to be run on a test bench, running benchmarks all day. These aren’t intended for regular users for installation in anything with 6 sides.

Guys, make sure you look at the size of these AIB cards before buying. The Asus 4090 I purchased today does not fix into my Lian Li O11 Dynamic. Here is an example of what these new cards look like compared to a typical 3090ti.

Asus 4090 on top
Can you post a photo of the issue? Looking up the Asus 4090 Tuf Gaming, it's 348.2mm long https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C.../TUF-Gaming/TUF-RTX4090-O24G-GAMING/techspec/ The Lian Li O11 Dynamic lists support for VGA Card up to 420mm https://lian-li.com/product/pc-o11-dynamic/

Can you post a photo of the issue? Looking up the Asus 4090 Tuf Gaming, it's 348.2mm long https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-C.../TUF-Gaming/TUF-RTX4090-O24G-GAMING/techspec/ The Lian Li O11 Dynamic lists support for VGA Card up to 420mm https://lian-li.com/product/pc-o11-dynamic/
The older O11 Dynamic is not wide enough (length wise it's fine). You can't attach the power cable that is connected on the top of the card and also close the side panel. It 100% does not fit. The Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO has the width to accomodate this Asus RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC model.

The older O11 Dynamic is not wide enough. You can't attach the power cable that is connected on the top of the card and also close the side panel. It 100% does not fit. The Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO has the width to accomodate this Asus RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC model.
Ahh so it was a height issue, oops. Thanks for clearing that up, I have been hearing the ridiculous height will be a massive problem for all but the largest cases.

cant you install a vertical GPU mount?
Yes, I do it and I suspect many more will now moving forward. But some cases have no adapter or setup for vertical, so this is something many others need to be aware of. I myself won't be buying a 4090, my 3090 will just have to suffice (one day I should update my sig.)

Wasn't super committed to getting a 4090 since I think the entire deck pricing is going to crumble at some point (see: Unlaunch of 4080 4060Ti+12GB) but I kept checking and refreshing and did end up catching the elusive GeForce Experience Priority Access Unicorn.

Order placed, after rewards, member coupons and everything else I'm looking at $1350 or so after tax and another $60 back in rewards. 3090 FE will collect dust for a bit while the rest of the 3000 series sells out then I'll look at finding it a new home.

1665882945862.png

It's a genius marketing move.
99% of PC gamers won't buy a 4090, but if they get sent an 'exclusive offer' it will entice them to buy it. Nvidia is dangling a carrot. Some of them will scalp on Ebay, but it's still way better than bots grabbing them from the BB queue.

People who are actively trying to buy a 4090 get pushed back in line, but they're planning on buying the card regardless. Nvidia intentionally didn't make the event "opt-in" because they wanted to shotgun blast the invites to everyone.

If you click threads about the invites you'll find everyone thanking Nvidia for it.

Last edited:
99% of PC gamers won't buy a 4090, but if they get sent an 'exclusive offer' it will entice them to buy it. Nvidia is dangling a carrot. Some of them will scalp on Ebay, but it's still way better than bots grabbing them from the BB queue.

People who are actively trying to buy a 4090 get pushed back in line, but they're planning on buying the card regardless. Nvidia intentionally didn't make the event "opt-in" because they wanted to shotgun blast the invites to everyone.

If you click threads about the invites you'll find everyone thanking Nvidia for it.
Yeah I've benefitted from the TotalTech buying queue as well, and while I think that is also better than the bots getting them, I know for most people that was annoying and a huge PR disaster for BestBuy. I'm going to be a TotalTech member regardless with thousands of dollars in appliances under extended coverage as well AppleCare+ for a thousand or so in iPads for the wife and kids at any given time so I was happy to get that one-time benefit.

This GeForce Experience queue is great like you said for Nvidia though, it "justifies" the whole registration thing that caught some backlash for a few years ago, but most importantly, it ONLY rewards people who CURRENTLY own a semi-recent Nvidia GPU and have it installed in a system with GeForce Experience. So that is going to remove a lot of botters, scalpers, miners from the equation-this time at least. Scalpers will have a choice as well, sell once and hope to get another or disqualify themselves from future launches.

Intel limited edition GPUs…

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The older O11 Dynamic is not wide enough (length wise it's fine). You can't attach the power cable that is connected on the top of the card and also close the side panel. It 100% does not fit. The Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO has the width to accomodate this Asus RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC model.
i have the older (i think) o11 dynamic and i fit the Zotac Trinity 4090 (standard model) in the case just fine. The vertical mounts that i bought didn't actually work for me.
20221018_002844514_iOS.png

i have the older (i think) o11 dynamic and i fit the Zotac Trinity 4090 (standard model) in the case just fine. The vertical mounts that i bought didn't actually work for me.
View attachment 519519
I specifically mentioned the card I purchased in the post. I'm also looking into ordering the 90 degree 12 volt power cable that CableMod is releasing in a few weeks to not have such a severe bend on the included cable and clean up the look a bit.

https://store.cablemod.com/cablemod-12vhpwr-right-angle-adapter/

I specifically mentioned the card I purchased in the post. I'm also looking into ordering the 90 degree 12 volt power cable that CableMod is releasing in a few weeks to not have such a severe bend on the included cable and clean up the look a bit.

https://store.cablemod.com/cablemod-12vhpwr-right-angle-adapter/
Just make the card you have doesn't have a recessed power connector otherwise you'll need to whip out the dremel to make it fit.

Edit: assume the card you got is the TUF gaming one from Asus? If so yeah the power connector is fine.

EVGA Midweek in 45 minutes for anyone who's still awake. I'll post an update at 3.

edit: 2080 Ti Kingpin back at $400, nothing else notable. Only 1 in-stock, still there 4 minutes later.

bstock_3080TiKingpin.png

Last edited:
May be worth keeping an eye on Best Buy at 9AM PST for 4090 drop, no guarantee though.

Things are getting spicy on Ebay, my alerts are being triggered way more often.
All 3 cards are still available nearly an hour later.

View attachment 518805
View attachment 518806
And I'm in the process of rebuilding my computer with a 5950x and EVGA 3080 10GB FTW Ultra. They're both water-cooled already. Feels kind of silly putting a $450 card back in, but I guess it's fitting my needs and the waterblock is already there, so no NEED to upgrade. I will be putting quick detach fittings on it, however.

Back