[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I snagged one last week from them and it hasnt moved since carrier picked it up Monday. Says delivering tomorrow...
Im in Cali and its in Minnesota. so I have my doubts
Same with me. Only it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Last night Fedex finally updated to say that it was in a distro about an hour away. The delivery date changed to today.

Same with me. Only it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Last night Fedex finally updated to say that it was in a distro about an hour away. The delivery date changed to today.
FedEx having issues with their Tennessee hub in the storm I was told.
Hopefully I get it soon as its holding up my build.
Fedex lost a package or is sitting on it that I sold on ebay to MA. 3 day turned into a week still saying pending.
Ill get bad feedback for sure and ruin my 100% positive rating Im sure.
Over an old cpu cooler lol

Fedex lost a package or is sitting on it that I sold on ebay to MA. 3 day turned into a week still saying pending.
Can confirm the Memphis hub is experiencing massive delays. Got notified by a vendor at work about it as well.

Reach out proactively. That's what I have been doing.

Thanks for the heads up. It's been a few years since I've upgraded my CPU, been trying like hell to get one of these.

Fingers crossed it gets to me!

They arnt that popular. Just in the state we are in people are gobbling everything up. They are pretty overpriced CPUs. Thats why they are still in stock heh.

Thanks for the heads up. It's been a few years since I've upgraded my CPU, been trying like hell to get one of these.

Fingers crossed it gets to me!
5800x has been quite easy to get as is the 5600x, I let a used one go below cost recently. Amazon often has them available for more than 10 min stretches which is eons to anyone who has played the discord game these past few months...

They arnt that popular. Just in the state we are in people are gobbling everything up. They are pretty overpriced CPUs. Thats why they are still in stock heh.
Yeah, I grabbed a 5800x because I got tired of waiting on the 5900x. If I can get one, someone will be buying a gently used 5800x.

As far as I know, the 5600/5800X have been in stock constantly at my local Microcenter. The 5900X less so, but I'm seeing really good inventory of them right now:

1613752576463.png

I've been casually checking etailers for the 5600/5800X and this is the first time I've seen the 5800X in stock for more than a day at AMD.com. Granted I haven't really been looking that hard since they're in stock at my Microcenter.

PS5 dropping on Best Buy.
No luck today, my fault, had a stupid 2k OLED laptop in my cart and that caused the card to be declined, ah well, hope it went to somebody who needs/is going to use it...who are we kidding will be relisted on ebay for 900 in a second.

Yeah, I grabbed a 5800x because I got tired of waiting on the 5900x. If I can get one, someone will be buying a gently used 5800x.

I'm in the same boat. I have a sealed 5800X and it'll be fine but I'd like to find a 5900X. I see them at various MC but not "mine". I'd be glad to compensate someone that would grab one for me.

I just sold 2 GPUs at friendly prices so I'm due some hardware karma.

I'm in the same boat. I have a sealed 5800X and it'll be fine but I'd like to find a 5900X. I see them at various MC but not "mine". I'd be glad to compensate someone that would grab one for me.

I just sold 2 GPUs at friendly prices so I'm due some hardware karma.
Do you have a workflow that will use the extra cores? Peak load draw is about 60-70W higher for the 5900x from my experience, many review sites don't focus on this well.

Do you have a workflow that will use the extra cores? Peak load draw is about 60-70W higher for the 5900x from my experience, many review sites don't focus on this well.
Yes and no.

I do media encoding at times, it's infrequent but I go on runs where I do a lot of it, then nothing for 6 months. More regularly, daily actually, I'll run a VM or two while doing normal work / gaming things. There is no doubt I can get by without it though, nice to have rather than need to have.

5800x has been quite easy to get as is the 5600x, I let a used one go below cost recently. Amazon often has them available for more than 10 min stretches which is eons to anyone who has played the discord game these past few months...
I bought 5800x for the same reason.
Its future proofing for games I supposed, but 50% higher price

IMG_20210219_152816.jpg

Got really lucky today. Stopped in micro center at about 3:15 they had this, a 3070 tuf, 3070 gaming X Trio, and a 6900 XT for 1500 bucks.

Haven't kept up on the updates in this thread, but at least for the Mayfield heights Ohio location if you get there between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. you have a good shot at getting a 3070 or 3090. Getting there earlier than that just gives you earlier pick at what comes on the truck. Their rule is one card per household per 30 days.

View attachment 331160
Got really lucky today. Stopped in micro center at about 3:15 they had this, a 3070 tuf, 3070 gaming X Trio, and a 6900 XT for 1500 bucks.

Haven't kept up on the updates in this thread, but at least for the Mayfield heights Ohio location if you get there between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. you have a good shot at getting a 3070 or 3090. Getting there earlier than that just gives you earlier pick at what comes on the truck. Their rule is one card per household per 30 days.
Was the 3070 $1500 also or just the 6900XT?

The word going around on the microcenter discord is that some stores are doing restocks early afternoon. Unsure if this is because of late trucks or to give more people a chance.

View attachment 331160

Congrats! Thanks for the tip about timing.

The word going around on the microcenter discord is that some stores are doing restocks early afternoon. Unsure if this is because of late trucks or to give more people a chance.
For the Mayfield heights store truck comes around 1pm depending on weather.

getting ready for BB Drop tomorrow. I am going to have my all the windows open as I can, my laptop, tablet, smartphone. F this shit lol. Coming up on 2 weeks. Unless they switch it to next friday but I think they will keep it this tuesday again for this week atleast since they dropped PS5 last friday.

getting ready for BB Drop tomorrow. I am going to have my all the windows open as I can, my laptop, tablet, smartphone. F this shit lol. Coming up on 2 weeks. Unless they switch it to next friday but I think they will keep it this tuesday again for this week atleast since they dropped PS5 last friday.
I am just hoping there is a decent size drop so I can pick up a 3080 instead of being left hanging in the checkout process.

I am just hoping there is a decent size drop so I can pick up a 3080 instead of being left hanging in the checkout process.

I have had good luck with BB drops except for last one. Before I never failed after 2FA, this time that happened. Demand must be high especially on FE cards that have no MSRP bump so if might be better luck having another window open or device and getting another card with little bump in price as well in case you don't get FE. I should have done the gigabyte for less then 100 more and that was in stock for a while but decided to focus my attention on FE cards and didn't get much.

3080 are the hardest to score to be honest, specially the FE models.

I have had good luck with BB drops except for last one. Before I never failed after 2FA, this time that happened. Demand must be high especially on FE cards that have no MSRP bump so if might be better luck having another window open or device and getting another card with little bump in price as well in case you don't get FE. I should have done the gigabyte for less then 100 more and that was in stock for a while but decided to focus my attention on FE cards and didn't get much.

What's the best I can do to get a shot at one? Already logged in, payment method ready, but I've still struck out with BB. Stores claim to not have any and I can't have it shipped, can't pick it up, but it's in my cart lol

What's the best I can do to get a shot at one? Already logged in, payment method ready, but I've still struck out with BB. Stores claim to not have any and I can't have it shipped, can't pick it up, but it's in my cart lol
Just try to check out as fast as you can, really. With everything setup I have just been clicking through like a mad man to try and get to the confirmation page. I don't care what store I can pick up at, so long as it's within 200 miles.

Back