[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

EVGA just cancelled my kingpin. gg

edit: Others say they also got cancelled. Must have been a pricing/stock error.
usually with their store it's a stock thing the site doesn't update it fast enough, had that happen back when I bought a card on sale a few years ago lol.

This is dropped $10 to $590.

Couple reviews mention a bent 8 pin connector, maybe that’s why.
I'd imagine that isn't a standard feature in all cards. Wouldn't surprise me if either a) user error bent the pins or b) Newegg repackaged returns (with bent pins).

I'd imagine that isn't a standard feature in all cards. Wouldn't surprise me if either a) user error bent the pins or b) Newegg repackaged returns (with bent pins).
No it's the shitty daisy chain Gigabyte is using for their cards. The pins don't line up properly in the connector. I've heard you can fix it by opening the card and adjusting the cables.
You can see some pics of it here:
https://overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/gigabyte_rtx_3090_and_rtx_3080_gaming_strip_down/3

They should've just put the pins on the PCB like everybody else did...

Walmart will be dropping PlayStation 5 consoles for Walmart+ subscribers this Thursday starting at 15:00 EDT.

Reactions: DPI
like this
No it's the shitty daisy chain Gigabyte is using for their cards. The pins don't line up properly in the connector. I've heard you can fix it by opening the card and adjusting the cables.
You can see some pics of it here:
https://overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/gigabyte_rtx_3090_and_rtx_3080_gaming_strip_down/3

They should've just put the pins on the PCB like everybody else did...

Hmm, I've only owned a Gigabyte motherboard, and it didn't last very long. That design probably makes RMA repairs easier.

Think I'll stick with Asus or EVGA, thanks.

They had a total quantity of 2 1080 Ti's (one white, one blue) and they both dropped to $150.
Site crashed for 5 minutes, so it was a lottery.

1080ti_sale.png

Last edited:
Nah $800 seems low, $900-$1000 would've been the real baseline.
AIB cards tend to cost more as well, not sure about that specific Gigabyte model. I know they had one or two $700 3080 models at launch, like the Eagle. Most of the original 3080's launched at $750-$800.

edit: Still in-stock 7+ hours later.

AIB cards tend to cost more as well, not sure about that specific Gigabyte model. I know they had one or two $700 3080 models at launch, like the Eagle. Most of the original 3080's launched at $750-$800.

Everyone still hung up on the Nvidia MSRP. Like all AiB top model 3080 12gb should be still $699.

I don't think I've ever seen people as a whole be this picky about GPU brand. Nothing personal towards anyone here, but it seems literally everybody on BAPCS has a comment on every single manufacturer.

Maybe it's always been like that and I just haven't noticed.

I don't think I've ever seen people as a whole be this picky about GPU brand. Nothing personal towards anyone here, but it seems literally everybody on BAPCS has a comment on every single manufacturer.

Maybe it's always been like that and I just haven't noticed.
People like to swear off a brand from one bad experience that happened 20 years ago. Granted Gigabyte deserves the hate over the BS they been doing the past couple years.

People like to swear off a brand from one bad experience that happened 20 years ago. Granted Gigabyte deserves the hate over the BS they been doing the past couple years.
It's just amusing because if one were to take the whole communities' experience as a whole in consideration, we really shouldn't buy any brand lol. Even holy EVGA gets a few negative marks.

It's just amusing because if one were to take the whole communities' experience as a whole in consideration, we really shouldn't buy any brand lol. Even holy EVGA gets a few negative marks.

The only brand I won’t buy is Gigabyte. I have two Zotac cards, only cause they had the best deals at the time. And Gigabyte do strange design choices like the power connectors mounted to backplate and poor thermal paste. I think it’s why Gigabytes are so cheap now.

The only brand I won’t buy is Gigabyte. I have two Zotac cards, only cause they had the best deals at the time. And Gigabyte do strange design choices like the power connectors mounted to backplate and poor thermal paste. I think it’s why Gigabytes are so cheap now.
Idk. The 6700xt eagle I had for a bit seemed built just fine. Same with the gigabyte boards I've owned since my q6600. No more or less issues than any other manufacturer.

The 10GB model had a SRP of $699. An extra 2GB of GDDR6X costs around $30. If anything, $800 is still a little high if they wanted to keep the same profit margin from the 10GB model.

The 10GB model had a SRP of $699. An extra 2GB of GDDR6X costs around $30. If anything, $800 is still a little high if they wanted to keep the same profit margin from the 10GB model.
So it sounds logical to you that they should add only around $30 more because that's the additional cost of the vram to them? I mean why are you just applying that logic when going from the 10 gig to 12 gig model of the 3080 but not the rest of the entire GPU market which has always had the higher end cards being less of a value? Plus the 3080 12 gig has a few more shaders so it's not only just vram. And I don't recall ever seeing a single 3080 10 gig for anywhere near 699. Some of you are going through some insane mental gymnastics to make 799 for a 3080 12 gig model not seem like a good deal.

So it sounds logical to you that they should add only around $30 more because that's the additional cost of the vram to them? I mean why are you just applying that logic when going from the 10 gig to 12 gig model of the 3080 but not the rest of the entire GPU market which has always had the higher end cards being less of a value? Plus the 3080 12 gig has a few more shaders so it's not only just vram. And I don't recall ever seeing a single 3080 10 gig for anywhere near 699. Some of you are going through some insane mental gymnastics to make 799 for a 3080 12 gig model not seem like a good deal.
I didn't say it wasn't a good deal, though.

They had a total quantity of 2 1080 Ti's (one white, one blue) and they both dropped to $150.
Site crashed for 5 minutes, so it was a lottery.

View attachment 478918
I tried to add the blue one to my cart as soon as it was visible, then my cart showed it with QTY: 0

I did get the other one added where it reflected QTY: 1, but an error occurred when checking out.

At that point, I went back to sleep.

Hopefully the price can come down, soon.
You don't have to buy a bundle from the MS store. You can just select the console and not add anything else. Walmart, Best Buy and target get deliveries all the time and just sell the console. They don't go that fast either.

You don't have to buy a bundle from the MS store. You can just select the console and not add anything else. Walmart, Best Buy and target get deliveries all the time and just sell the console. They don't go that fast either.
I mean the $500 release baseline price coming down, not being able to buy consoles without a bundle. I don't have an interest in buying a series X at $500, but I might for under $350.

I mean the $500 release baseline price coming down, not being able to buy consoles without a bundle. I don't have an interest in buying a series X at $500, but I might for under $350.
Base price is not coming down anytime soon. Why would it when they still moving at $500? I wouldn't expect a price from til the Pro consoles come out. I don't expect those for another 2 years.

Back