[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

When on AMD.com and select the "check availability" icon I get set to ERROR 403 we are sorry.
Tried with a different browser and same. Never say this before. Insights?
Been getting that since last weekend, assume bots are overloading the site, but not sure...

Been getting that since last weekend, assume bots are overloading the site, but not sure...
I haven't been having that issue and even had a 6800xt in my cart yesterday morning when they did an unannounced drop but couldn't get checked out in time.

*Sigh* Here we are a month later, since I bought my 6800XT, got it price matched for $899 and now the lesser 6800XT is $819. (This is at Microcenter.)

EVGA 3080 12 gb xc3 ultra gaming now in stock $979.99

Pretty close to the range I would have considered a reasonable price when it was first released.

I've been trying to figure out this very thing now that prices are inching down. Been wanting a 3080 for a while (though if the 6800XT gets to MSRP first I'd get that instead). Considering the founders edition MSRP for the 10GB was $700, I'm struggling with figuring out how much 2GB of memory, and a few more cores is worth.

3080's are still about $170 above MSRP, so maybe when this hits $800-850 do you think that would be probably about "MSRP"? Considering that the 12GB models never had one to begin with?

I've been trying to figure out this very thing now that prices are inching down. Been wanting a 3080 for a while (though if the 6800XT gets to MSRP first I'd get that instead). Considering the founders edition MSRP for the 10GB was $700, I'm struggling with figuring out how much 2GB of memory, and a few more cores is worth.

3080's are still about $170 above MSRP, so maybe when this hits $800-850 do you think that would be probably about "MSRP"? Considering that the 12GB models never had one to begin with?
3080 fes are still generally unicorns. The FE msrp has broken everyone's ideas on pricing, it was one of the largest mistakes nvidia made this gen. The 3060 ti, 3070, and 3080 FE cards are still highly sought after by scalpers as they still make an easy profit.

Well I just walked in to a bay area BB this morning and got this, easiest FE win ever.

Attachments

• PXL_20220506_170334919.jpg
    PXL_20220506_170334919.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 0
Any news/rumors when Nvidia will stop making 3 series FE cards? Will it be at launch of 4 series? It's still very difficult to score a FE card, months before the new generation of GPUs from Nvidia arrive.

Any news/rumors when Nvidia will stop making 3 series FE cards? Will it be at launch of 4 series? It's still very difficult to score a FE card, months before the new generation of GPUs from Nvidia arrive.
Nvidia will allegedly continue 30XX production after the 40XX launch. Different foundries, but memory supply may get tight.

Congrats, I can get a 3060ti at mine... unfortunately not FE, the Gigabyte Aurus one for ONLY $699!!! But I totally can add it to my cart and check out!
I've owned 3 different FE models ... they all run about 10 - 12 degrees HOTTER than the other army of 3xxx series cards I've had possession of. It does look nice but the dead center of the card gets hotter than the flames of hell. You could literally cook a small quail's egg on that area. Serve it will 1 sauage link, glass a milk, some fruit and you've had yourself a nice little low-call breakfast. Yes, it's true, an nVidia FE can cook you breakfast.

I've owned 3 different FE models ... they all run about 10 - 12 degrees HOTTER than the other army of 3xxx series cards I've had possession of. It does look nice but the dead center of the card gets hotter than the flames of hell. You could literally cook a small quail's egg on that area. Serve it will 1 sauage link, glass a milk, some fruit and you've had yourself a nice little low-call breakfast. Yes, it's true, an nVidia FE can cook you breakfast.
You get what you pay for.
On the bright side they are FHR.

Well damnit now in addition to having to compete with miners also need to worry about people who dont know how to cook? Well fuck me!

That said I'd rather have a hot 3080 than a cool 3060ti, not that I'm in the market for a 3080

Yeah it was disappointing when I got a 3080 Ti FE back when they were hard to get, aesthetics are so nice and holding it in your hands feels high quality. But temps were awful even at 90% fanspeed. And not mining but just looping Heaven benchmark.

If NV does FE cards for 4000 series I'll be curious to see if they go triple fan, or just carry forward the existing design.

Last edited:
I just want an FE card so it will be easier to route the tubing in my case. I can't imagine getting a stock (or near stock) high end graphics card these days and not watercooling. If I was going to go air I'd have to get something with a beefy cooler.

I just want an FE card so it will be easier to route the tubing in my case. I can't imagine getting a stock (or near stock) high end graphics card these days and not watercooling. If I was going to go air I'd have to get something with a beefy cooler.
So this. I just assumed most who buy stock cards from Nvidia or AMD do so with water cooling in mind. That's how I do it myself. But clearly a big majority are buying these FE cards with zero intention of water cooling them.

So this. I just assumed most who buy stock cards from Nvidia or AMD do so with water cooling in mind. That's how I do it myself. But clearly a big majority are buying these FE cards with zero intention of water cooling them.
I ended up water cooling my evga 3090 last year, because that was all I could get. We are only just starting to get back to being able to select what card you want.

Given Nvidia's policy of non-transferrable warranty, realistically the 3000 series FEs should have worse resale value than EVGA's. Of course three years from now, it won't matter because all FEs will be out of their warranty period.

I'm morbidly curious as to how many secondary FE owners will eventually get burned because of this. The idea of miners flooding ebay with FEs amuses me. Are you gonna trust that ebay seller who promised to RMA it for you?

Yeah, I'm a sadist.

Yeah it was disappointing when I got a 3080 Ti FE back when they were hard to get, aesthetics are so nice and holding it in hour hands feels like something very well built. But temps were awful even at 90% fanspeed. And not mining but just looping Heaven benchmark.

If NV does FE cards for 4000 series I'll be curious to see if they go triple fan, or just carry forward the existing design.
That was always the issue with the 3080Ti FE, it was 3090 FE specs, clocks and power limits without the 3 slot BFGPU cooler. And the price is only $300 less than the full 3090 which has the added benefit of doubled VRAM for those that actually need it or value the peace of mind.

Back when BestBuy was doing store drops the 3080Ti was easily the last card to go.

Actual GPU temps on my 3090FEs are amazing, only 62C or so max and not loud at all. Memory cooling is a different story and notoriously bad, but can be mitigated with pad replacement. But even AIB 3090s have issues with memory temps.

I’m sure the 3090Ti FE is even better with all the RAM on th front. RAM on the back of the card has been sketchy going back to GTX 280 days. I think I had to RMA 2 cards that gen due to RAM issues.

It has already been this past week, isn't it? Huge deal.
3080 12GB is LHRv3 and not supported by current LHR bypass. FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if that model never sees a bypass.

3080 12GB is LHRv3 and not supported by current LHR bypass. FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if that model never sees a bypass.
Agree. They have to give a reason for people to buy the TI instead.

People probably waiting for that $40 instant rebate that it had last week where it was only 10% over MSRP instead of 20% for a card that is the lowest tiered version of this card from EVGA oh yeah its 1.5 years old too
Yet it's still a new 3060 Ti available for purchase for less than $500.

I'm sure a lot of people don't "need" this card, but it seems to be in quite high demand these days.

I went ahead and purchased one - as I had 50 EVGA bucks to use.

Yet it's still a new 3060 Ti available for purchase for less than $500.

I'm sure a lot of people don't "need" this card, but it seems to be in quite high demand these days.

I went ahead and purchased one - as I had 50 EVGA bucks to use.

Yeah, I've seen them around $430 but those sell out in minutes. $479 is a decent price.

What's people's thoughts on 3070 for $629 (asus dual fan) or $650 (asus TUF or EVGA) or 3070 Ti for $699?

Back