[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

12 GB should have been the standard on those cards from the get go but they needed to differentiate between the 3080, 3080 Ti, and the 3090. The problem is that performance is so relatively close in most games, it's ridiculous to overpay for the tiny bit of extra performance. Now, the 3080 12 GB and 3080 Ti are really too close to each other. They should have rolled out the 3080 Ti with 16 GB of RAM. And BTW, I'm sure this topic has never been brought up before... ;-)

12 GB should have been the standard on those cards from the get go but they needed to differentiate between the 3080, 3080 Ti, and the 3090. The problem is that performance is so relatively close in most games, it's ridiculous to overpay for the tiny bit of extra performance. Now, the 3080 12 GB and 3080 Ti are really too close to each other. They should have rolled out the 3080 Ti with 16 GB of RAM. And BTW, I'm sure this topic has never been brought up before... ;-)
They can't do 16gb on 12 mem chips ;).

It would make more sense for Nvidia to use 2GB modules like they did for the 3090 Ti and bump the 3080 Ti to 24GB. But then again, the 3080 Ti never made sense in the first place. It only exists as some in-between product that made compromises between the original lineup. By adding more vram without compromising the bus width, you're just building a different 3090.

Unless you expect Nvidia to charge you the exact same amount for extra vram. At this point, you're just pleading for a cheaper 3090, not a 3080 Ti.

Alll of the stuff is sold out and back ordered but might be replenished the 3080 12 gig doesn't have a Add to cart button on EVGA and Backorder on Newegg. People must be starving for cards.

Last edited:
Walmart is having a PS5 drop online tomorrow starting at 12:00 EDT/09:00 PDT. Both the digital and disc versions will be available. You need a Walmart+ subscription to partake.

Edited to add that Walmart is where I was able to get both my Series X and PS5 early on (just in time for Christmas). It seems it was easier to click through during checkout there than it was anywhere else.

Just got my queue email for the 3050 Black $250. Signed up 2/7 2:57 EST. This is queue 3.0 though.
Yeah, there is a $20 instant rebate for final price of $229. I signed up on that same day at 4:54pm PT and got notified this morning too.

Yea same here, here is a thought: send me a notify for the 3663-KR or the 3751-KR and I'll instabuy ok? Lol..

For the fun of it. $20 instant rebate, free shipping and 3% associate code discount comes to a final price of $223.09.

Too bad I live in Cali and my sales tax goes to support the our great Golden State.

Pass.

1650313680447.png

People must be passing on them for such a huge time jump. These are the only MSRP cards on there, the queue for them should be quite backlogged.
I would have pounced on this 2 or 3 months ago, but not now.

For the fun of it. $20 instant rebate, free shipping and 3% associate code discount comes to a final price of $223.09.

Too bad I live in Cali and my sales tax goes to support the our great Golden State.

Pass.

View attachment 465041

i am debating this also....since I got the notify. really tempted to get it and just immediately put it in for a step up.

i am debating this also....since I got the notify. really tempted to get it and just immediately put it in for a step up.
It's probably not worth it for step up anymore, maybe it depends which GPU you pick?
Most of the cards on their store are discounted right now, however the discounts don't apply to step up pricing, you have to pay the listed MSRP. You also lose taxes/shipping for both cards.

You're probably better off just buying a card directly from their store. For example the original 3080 FTW3 is $920, but the 12 GB model is only $80 more. You'd lose more money than that (and time) doing step up.

It's probably not worth it for step up anymore, maybe it depends which GPU you pick?
Most of the cards on their store are discounted right now, however the discounts don't apply to step up pricing, you have to pay the listed MSRP. You also lose taxes/shipping for both cards.

You're probably better off just buying a card directly from their store.

im hoping they get more stock while still on sale. I really want 3060s or 3060tis but they never have TIs. They haven't really restocked since the sale started.

I'm sitting on this notification right now if anyone is interested.

EVGA 12G-P5-3655-KR GeForce RTX 3060 XC BLACK GAMING, 12G-P5-3655-KR, 12GB GDDR6, Dual-Fan

im hoping they get more stock while still on sale. I really want 3060s or 3060tis but they never have TIs. They haven't really restocked since the sale started.
They haven't had 3060 ti's in step-up inventory for a long time. I've got a 3050 which will run out of its 90-day step up time, on May 1st.

Walmart is having a PS5 drop online tomorrow starting at 12:00 EDT/09:00 PDT. Both the digital and disc versions will be available. You need a Walmart+ subscription to partake.

Edited to add that Walmart is where I was able to get both my Series X and PS5 early on (just in time for Christmas). It seems it was easier to click through during checkout there than it was anywhere else.

I have Walmart Plus they just gave them out for a fringe benefit last month. I have no room for a console though lol.

So it's a 1660ti level of performance, but it has the ability to absolutely cripple your frame rate with fancy physics?
Well, it does give you access to the camera/video device effects in RTX Broadcast. It uses the tensor cores for background removal/replacement, depth of field, etc. As well as a super resolution scaler, which apparently can be applied to a capture card feed, as well.

Also, DLSS.

Back