[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

fwiw both the xc3 and ftw3 rx 70s I got in Jan are FHR, as is the 80 ftw3 I got back in Sept, anything RX should be FHR and if not ask them to replace it.

Already tried that. Seems to be a recent change and they'll only offer a full refund.

1648258994117.png

Target may or may have not have some Xbox Series X models today. My local store is showing one and got a push notification regarding All Access. Not sure in store if you can just buy it for normal price as online only giving me the all access option for pickup.

Target may or may have not have some Xbox Series X models today. My local store is showing one and got a push notification regarding All Access. Not sure in store if you can just buy it for normal price as online only giving me the all access option for pickup.
They've been in stock at Walmart for a while. Looks like Microsoft has run out of impulse buyers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/

Instead of buying activision and Bethesda they should have been looking to buy Squarenix or Capcom.

Gigabyte 3070 LHR

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3070-gv-n3070gaming-oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932449

$469 in cart, third party seller though. Scammy at the very least.
Now previous gens would have felt less scammy when FE cards had the early adopter tax and were typically more expensive than AiB cards... well before they were turbocharged with fancy names like Auros and RoG, but considering FE cards are now the bottom of the barrel MSRP price and the MSRP of the 3070 is 499 then yeah feels a little scammy. Granted LHR cards should be cheaper just on principle but no one is going to do that unless they are going out of business and just wants to be rid of stock

AiB cards were never the same price as Nvidia/AMD MSRP. They do release cards that meet that MSRP when first released but afterwards you don't ever see them again.
My point exactly. That's why I have never bought a AIB card. Call me cheap.

AiB cards were never the same price as Nvidia/AMD MSRP. They do release cards that meet that MSRP when first released but afterwards you don't ever see them again.
We dont know if they cant though? AiBs used to be the ones who set the "MSRP" market, at least with the base model you can't really expect a super turbo charged version to not have it's own MSRP. The 30 series have been the first cards where the FE were the lowest price. I wouldn't be surprised if AiBs couldn't come in under FE cards (unless there's some contract restrictions of minimum price done with Nvidia/AMD), but why would they when they can take the same chipsets that go into a very basic card as they are in their most expensive version, and all they have to do is overclock them (or the memory) a bit, add some extra cooling and make so much more profit.

I've bought several RX SKU's from B-Stock they are all FHR.
EVGA customer service claims RL are the LHR ones.

Only applies to the 3060 Ti, 3070 and 3080 10.

Toms has more from ASUS:

As a result of the latest tariff lift on Chinese imports from the Office of the United States Trade Representative, Gamers and PC enthusiasts will see lower prices on ASUS GeForce RTX 30-series graphic cards starting on April 1st, 2022. […]
Consumers should expect prices to decline up to 25% on different models throughout the springtime.
Lower prices will affect entry level GeForce RTX 3050 and RTX 3060, mid-range RTX 3070 and high performance RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 graphics cards.

— ASUS representative to Tom’s Hardware

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-gpu-price-reduction

Last edited:
TSMC said already this won't really affect them. Who knows though. Prices aren't terrible right now for a lot of retail outlets. I'd wait until next Thursday and try to grab a card from AMD's website. That seems like the easiest way to get something at MSRP right now. Low-end stuff though seems to be easy pickings if you wait 1-2 days for something to popup on newegg though.
Plus, Ampere is made in South Korea.

Toms has more from ASUS:

As a result of the latest tariff lift on Chinese imports from the Office of the United States Trade Representative, Gamers and PC enthusiasts will see lower prices on ASUS GeForce RTX 30-series graphic cards starting on April 1st, 2022. […]
Consumers should expect prices to decline up to 25% on different models throughout the springtime.
Lower prices will affect entry level GeForce RTX 3050 and RTX 3060, mid-range RTX 3070 and high performance RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 graphics cards.

— ASUS representative to Tom’s Hardware

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-gpu-price-reduction

Guess we'll see if vendors pass the savings onto the consumer.

Answering my own question as it at least appears that if you are scammed you should be able to resolve it through Newegg.

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/newegg-marketplace-guarantee/
Just to be on a very safe side, do an unboxing video upon receiving the product esp high value content one. It saves me a lot of headache many years ago regarding a poor item condition that I received. ;)
I use smartphone but GoPro would be better. Sometimes you have to continue taking the video during installing and booting up depending on the type of item. For $469 for 3070 seems like a very good deal if that's genuine but my hunch is that it is likely to be a scam too. Well I actually don't need any more cards, lol.

Just to be on a very safe side, do an unboxing video upon receiving the product esp high value content one. It saves me a lot of headache many years ago regarding a poor item condition that I received. ;)
I use smartphone but GoPro would be better. Sometimes you have to continue taking the video during installing and booting up depending on the type of item. For $469 for 3070 seems like a very good deal if that's genuine but my hunch is that it is likely to be a scam too. Well I actually don't need any more cards, lol.
Yeah I'm definitely going to do a video on my phone. I did call Newegg and they told me if there was an issue with this being a scam in any way that it will be no problem to get my money back.

You should do this with almost everything you buy online, except maybe Amazon. It's really easy to just setup a tablet or phone and record yourself opening a box.

Yeah I'm definitely going to do a video on my phone. I did call Newegg and they told me if there was an issue with this being a scam in any way that it will be no problem to get my money back.
Good luck. Sometimes talk is cheap (from Newegg). Don't 100% trust what they are saying yet. Please share your adventure with us. I'm sure a lot of people will like to hear back.

No offense but you're smart enough to have found your way to this forum, don't fall for silly too-good-to-be-true scams.

The reason nobody legit sells a 3070 for $469 is because they don't need to. There's no reason for it. The part you are missing is the seller ptobably has experience with and worked out angles to fight any dispute you kick up with Newegg, by supplying bogus "proof of delivery" and bogus photos and various other tactics I've seen used.

If you can still cancel I'd recommend it. Time and again people still fall for this crap, particularly on ebay.. "3080 for $600, if it's a scam PayPal and/or my CC company will just give me a refund lol". No. You're tangling with people often well versed in fighting disputes in bad faith with phony evidence. You're taking needless risk.

Last edited:
No offense but you're smart enough to have found your way to this forum, don't fall for silly too-good-to-be-true scams.

The reason nobody legit sells a 3070 for $469 is because they don't need to. There's no reason for it. The part you are missing is the seller ptobably has experience with and worked out angles to fight any dispute you kick up with Newegg, by supplying bogus "proof of delivery" and bogus photos and various other tactics I've seen used.

If you can still cancel I'd recommend it. Time and again people still fall for this crap, particularly on ebay.. "3080 for $600, if it's a scam PayPal and/or my CC company will just give me a refund lol". No. You're tangling with people often well versed in fighting disputes in bad faith with phony evidence. You're taking needless risk.
I already cancelled it as there was no way it could be legitimate and I did not want the hassle.

Even then it's bad to even give these scams the time of day. Showing a willingness to engage with obvious ones is already bad enough.

Back