[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Not sure if it means anything but EVGA disabled verification codes for account sign-ins yesterday. You can just login normally now.
This was one of their anti-bot measures.

Not sure if it means anything but EVGA disabled verification codes for account sign-ins yesterday. You can just login normally now.
This was one of their anti-bot measures.
Wonder when they did that because I logged in early this morning and had to do account verification still.

Does anyone have good experience with a credit card that offers price drop protection? Like, if I buy a 3080 today and it drops $100 in 30 days, they'll refund the difference?

Wonder when they did that because I logged in early this morning and had to do account verification still.
I originally thought they had just "fixed" it to remember devices, like how 2FA is supposed to work.
But I tested from a phone (and IP) that's never been on EVGA's site, no code. I still get an email warning me about a new sign-in, though.

I wonder if they added a new account setting to enable/disable it.

Does anyone have good experience with a credit card that offers price drop protection? Like, if I buy a 3080 today and it drops $100 in 30 days, they'll refund the difference?

All the cards I have dropped it.

https://www.techradar.com/deals/loo...-yet-graphics-card-prices-are-falling-rapidly

EyEH3PzXTve26WEGzfueck-970-80.png.webp

ZUbSdKhDD7XWjyNWXY49Hk-970-80.png.webp

I haven't seen MC's Nvidia case so full since before the "pandemic" over the weekend. The only cards then didn't have were the OG 10gb 3080 and 3070. Prices are still ridiculously high for all of it.

eBay pricing doesn’t really reflect price dropping, just gouging and reselling are no longer profitable so people are offloading asap.
Its all part of the natural order of prices dropping. Instead of scalpers artificially driving up prices by selling at even higher prices on Ebay, they're also not buying every single card they can get their hands on for the sole intent of scalping. Similarly, miners aren't buying everything they can get their hands on, instead they're contributing to driving prices down by panic selling their mining rigs. Both changes drive demand and pricing down.

Next step, those super inflated AIB cards sit as we've seen the last week or so. Then retailers, AIB partners and eventually the chip makers themselves start getting antsy because they have more supply than demand, so they start cutting prices. I've already seen $100-200 discounts on the hyper-inflated SKUs like 12GB 3080/Ti, same for the AIB 3090s. Every buyer in the market is going to start asking themselves if they should spend on an inflated AIB card or just wait for a much faster FE a SKU or two up at similar prices, ie. should I buy a Strix 3060Ti for $650 or wait for my chance to get a faster card like an 3070 FE for $500 or a major upgrade like 3080 FE for $700 and just $50 more? They'll pass on the Strix because its just sitting there available 24/7 available to buy, which again drives prices down. When cards are readily available people have the ability to make rational decisions and not feel obligated to make impulse buys due to YOLO/FOMO or whatever else.

Same thing with CPUs and DDR5 recently, sure MSRP for 12900K was $650 at one point but now its $500 at Micro Center and some of these DDR5 RGB kits are priced at $700 but "only" $420 with a whopping $380 discount off "MSRP".

Its all part of the natural order of prices dropping. Instead of scalpers artificially driving up prices by selling at even higher prices on Ebay, they're also not buying every single card they can get their hands on for the sole intent of scalping. Similarly, miners aren't buying everything they can get their hands on, instead they're contributing to driving prices down by panic selling their mining rigs. Both changes drive demand and pricing down.

Next step, those super inflated AIB cards sit as we've seen the last week or so. Then retailers, AIB partners and eventually the chip makers themselves start getting antsy because they have more supply than demand, so they start cutting prices. I've already seen $100-200 discounts on the hyper-inflated SKUs like 12GB 3080/Ti, same for the AIB 3090s. Every buyer in the market is going to start asking themselves if they should spend on an inflated AIB card or just wait for a much faster FE a SKU or two up at similar prices, ie. should I buy a Strix 3060Ti for $650 or wait for my chance to get a faster card like an 3070 FE for $500 or a major upgrade like 3080 FE for $700 and just $50 more? They'll pass on the Strix because its just sitting there available 24/7 available to buy, which again drives prices down. When cards are readily available people have the ability to make rational decisions and not feel obligated to make impulse buys due to YOLO/FOMO or whatever else.

Same thing with CPUs and DDR5 recently, sure MSRP for 12900K was $650 at one point but now its $500 at Micro Center and some of these DDR5 RGB kits are priced at $700 but "only" $420 with a whopping $380 discount off "MSRP".
Sure, completely agree but the way the article is titled and people linking it all over the forum as proof that the cards have been dropping isn't accurate. They will be dropping coming up, but haven't been up to this point in the retail chain.

I just don't want people out there snapping up shit as fast as they can because they think prices have been falling in the retail chain for the last month+ it's great there's a ton of availability now, but prices are coming down next. If you can ride it out a bit longer, ride it.

Last edited by a moderator:
3060 and 3070 FEs popped up on the Best Buy app for my local store this morning. They disappeared about 20 minutes after the store opened. They showed up in the app before open so if you can get there right at opening it might be worth checking.

They do still have the EVGA 3080ti FWT3 Ultra in stock. Surprisingly it's been available for a week now.

For $869 +$10 shipping it's no wonder. Just too high of a price for what it is, available or not. No one has forgotten 3080 fes are $699, even though they are unicorns.
It's pretty amazing when you consider they were shuffling these cards at a higher price w/ bundle 2 weeks ago.

edit: EVGA's website is down again this morning. 404 and "Oops something broke". Don't see anything happening.

It's pretty amazing when you consider they were shuffling these cards at a higher price w/ bundle 2 weeks ago.
I wonder if that's why the shuffle seems to have been discontinued (or at least seems to be significantly slowing, it's not daily anymore.) I bet no one bought them, and newegg just gave up.
A whole lot of the people who were desperate for a card have managed to get one. Let newegg and others rot now with these crazy inflated gpus sitting on their shelves.

Don't forget associate coupons, I assume those work for the bundles.

edit: Even more DIY drops happening just now. It seems endless.

Last edited:
Anyone seen xbox series x (or bundle with extra controller) pop up recently?

My EVGA DIY alerts are going off every 2 or 3 hours. I don't know if they're adding cards or it's just a false flag.

Back