[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Just received my notification for evga 12gb 3080 if anyone wants it, they can have it at cost, $1299 + shipping and 6 percent sales tax and whatever it costs to ship to you once I receive it. If paying with paypal g&s add 3.5% to that.

Just received my notification for evga 12gb 3080 if anyone wants it, they can have it at cost, $1299 + shipping and 6 percent sales tax and whatever it costs to ship to you once I receive it. If paying with paypal g&s add 3.5% to that.
Just FYI, if you haven't completed the order yet, you should be able to ship directly to someone else using your billing info and their shipping info during checkout. That's what a few of us on the [H] discord did when our notifications came up, so as to not to double up on the shipping costs. Obviously you have to have a buyer lined up before your purchase window closes, otherwise yeah - gotta ship it to yourself and then arrange a buyer.

Thanks for offering it up either way, though!

Problem with this, is that you will likely only get EVGA's MSRP for that 3060 ti, as credit toward the step up. Pretty much ruins the deal.

Bear in mind that next year you’ll have to pay income tax on PayPal goods and services over $600 or get to file a 1099K anyway even if selling at no profit. You’ll have to prove with receipts you sold at no profit. ( this goes for any of these third party transcript platforms) So better build that hassle in too. Thanks ruling political party!
Get paid in Zelle. Zelle is exempt from 1099 reporting last time I checked

What risks does the seller incur with F&F payment?

Yeah, sorry I meant buyer, since the seller can say it was a gift payment.

People shouldn't worry about selling stuff at cost or below cost like this - it's not taxable. I don't report Ebay income cause I just sell stuff at cost or below cost - the IRS is too busy to audit people when they know there's no taxable income there.

Yeah, sorry I meant buyer, since the seller can say it was a gift payment.

People shouldn't worry about selling stuff at cost or below cost like this - it's not taxable. I don't report Ebay income cause I just sell stuff at cost or below cost - the IRS is too busy to audit people when they know there's no taxable income there.
until they do...then you either pay or hope you have the data to back that up.

That's fine, I'm not going to let the IRS dictate my life. If they want to waste their time auditing me, go for it. Good luck proving I made a profit selling my 5 year old SSD drive on Ebay.

They aren't going to audit you. If you don't account for the loss on your return, then they will just send you a tax due notice for 100% of the 1099. If you account for it on your return as a loss, then the only problem there will be if they audit and you can't back it up.

That's fine, I'm not going to let the IRS dictate my life. If they want to waste their time auditing me, go for it. Good luck proving I made a profit selling my 5 year old SSD drive on Ebay.

its on you to show them the proof not on them to figure it out.

I have a legit question. I see that the 6900xt is readily available at a number of retailers...how come the demand on that card isn't as high?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know the price-to-performance ratio isn't that great at all on that card. But I thought the price-to-performance metric went out the window over the past year+

Theory craft here but the ROI for mining on $1500 GPUs is getting to be a long time so some demand is gone there. Anything over 1k has a smaller market for buyers anyway. AMD seems to have good supply oof 6600s on up right now but the prices are maybe just a bit higher than people want to pay yet. No RT or DLSS push off some too. New GPUs may get announced later this year from Nvidia and AMD. Intel has not entered the market which is another reason to see what , if anything, that does to pricing. Off the top of my head.

They aren't going to audit you. If you don't account for the loss on your return, then they will just send you a tax due notice for 100% of the 1099. If you account for it on your return as a loss, then the only problem there will be if they audit and you can't back it up.

No, they won't, I've been getting 1099s from Ebay for 2 years and not reporting any income.

what time does the queue start for AMD.com tomorrow?

In my experience they normally start around 8:45-8:50 central. Then they advertise a 10 or 15 minute wait and usually don’t close for nearly an hour. That was my beef. It’s already a small chance and then allowing potentially 4x as many people and bots.

I have a legit question. I see that the 6900xt is readily available at a number of retailers...how come the demand on that card isn't as high?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know the price-to-performance ratio isn't that great at all on that card. But I thought the price-to-performance metric went out the window over the past year+

It trades blows with nvidia cards that can still be found at the same price point. Locally the reference AMD ones I see scalped for only $100-200 more after taxes go quick. People trying to sell the AIBs even at cost take a long time to disappear.

I can't even imagine how much sales tax I owe from 20+ years of Newegg purchases. Hope there's a statue of limitations on those.

Any takers?
Screenshot_20220216-164338~2.png

Got a general feeling that the odds of getting notified in NE shuffle seems to be improving? Can't find any hard data other than a hunch. Maybe more cards are available or less people signing up or the price is shitty? The fact that igl00jx notification came at 2-4pm PT suggests that the first person who got notified decided not to take it. I think the first notification is sent out at 12 to 2pm PT.

Got a general feeling that the odds of getting notified in NE shuffle seems to be improving? Can't find any hard data other than a hunch. Maybe more cards are available or less people signing up or the price is shitty? The fact that igl00jx notification came at 2-4pm PT suggests that the first person who got notified decided not to take it. I think the first notification is sent out at 12 to 2pm PT.
No one wants these overpriced LHR cards.

No one wants these overpriced LHR cards.
The price of FHR cards on Ebay is down about 30% since the end of last year.
LHR and FHR are basically the same price now. I see a difference of $100 for the 3060 Ti ($800 -> $900) and no difference on the 3080's.

Specific demand for FHR cards doesn't really exist anymore.

Last edited:
Back