[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

It's like they don't want regular users to every buy a new video card anymore.

Best Buy is dropping FE, but it just keeps saying verify my account, I click it, please wait, verify your account - looping.

stupid rigged game.

1644614713857.png

It never actually verifies anything. just loops back to please wait.

Three monitors, and my phone. All sessions doing the same thing.

This is why I quit playing this game back in May 2021. I see it's still rigged.

Yeah I get the "bot prevention" *lol* that they're doing but damnit if they expect me to stare at the screen waiting for the "please wait" to do something. Like if I go watch Youtube videos or something, a bot programmed to handle this will end up doing it faster than I can. "Wait times can take up to a few minutes or longer.. " Disney should try that for it's rides, "Wait time for Space Mountain 10 minutes or longer"

Yeah I get the "bot prevention" *lol* that they're doing but damnit if they expect me to stare at the screen waiting for the "please wait" to do something. Like if I go watch Youtube videos or something, a bot programmed to handle this will end up doing it faster than I can. "Wait times can take up to a few minutes or longer.. " Disney should try that for it's rides, "Wait time for Space Mountain 10 minutes or longer"
It's flat broken. I've been clicking verify account dozens of times for 20 minutes on multiple browser widows, and my phone. The only thing more persistent than what I've been doing is bots. So if this is their bot preventions - it's more like bot rewarding.

I just closed my browsers and gave up. Good luck fellas.

Nuffin within 250 for me that I could grab quick enough at least
If memory serves, like when BB first started doing this. If there is something within 250 miles they won't tell you where, you just have to click on various stores and hope that one of them pops up, as opposed to saying "go to nearest store that actually F*@&ing has it!!!!"

I scored a 3090 fe in a drop in January, it can happen. You just have to be very lucky. First BB win after striking out all of 2021.

There's no reason to think this will ever change. Dealing with bots is just the way it is now.

It's flat broken. I've been clicking verify account dozens of times for 20 minutes on multiple browser widows, and my phone. The only thing more persistent than what I've been doing is bots. So if this is their bot preventions - it's more like bot rewarding.

I just closed my browsers and gave up. Good luck fellas.
Well "luckily" for me, it popped back up verify account but when I clicked it it told me it wasn't available within 250 miles. Like seriously, couldn't fucking tell that to me based on my location before I even clicked add to cart? It actually does say that for the 3060ti, but the 3070,3070ti and 3080 FE cards nope, false hope is all they give me.

Of course that was about 25 minutes after you posted that BB was doing a drop, so had very little hope nor expectation

Well "luckily" for me, it popped back up verify account but when I clicked it it told me it wasn't available within 250 miles. Like seriously, couldn't fucking tell that to me based on my location before I even clicked add to cart?
I never once got the 250 mile radius thing on any of my browsers on the PC. Just my Phone was telling me that.

I never once got the 250 mile radius thing on any of my browsers on the PC. Just my Phone was telling me that.
Yeah 3070, 3070ti and 3080 FE all not available within 250 miles for me, hell neither is the 3060ti FE either but at least that one actually says so without needing me to wait for verify

Lol, had a 3070Ti, 3080 FE, and 3090 waiting in line. 3080 didn't have anything within 250 miles of multiple friends and family I have in the states. 3070Ti and 3090 had me verify my account a few times and then said out of stock..🙄

i thought you needed to be part of their tech thing for 200 pbucks a year to even have chance?

Supposedly these were the ones where they cancelled TT right after purchasing to which BB cancelled their orders.

I think they will or have caught on and one may not get the full refund anymore - https://gamingintel.com/best-buys-tech-membership-ps5-refund/

If I am in the market for Apple products or other expensive gadgets, the extended warranty is not a bad deal.
Yes, per section 13c of their terms they can deduct what you paid for any limited quantity or exclusive items bought while this is active from the refund, basically meaning you don’t get anything since these were rather expensive.

As for the warranty most credit cards have some form of extended warranty in addition that people rarely remember they get albeit Best Buy is probably easier to get this service from than say citi.

Yes, per section 13c of their terms they can deduct what you paid for any limited quantity or exclusive items bought while this is active from the refund, basically meaning you don’t get anything since these were rather expensive.

As for the warranty most credit cards have some form of extended warranty in addition that people rarely remember they get albeit Best Buy is probably easier to get this service from than say citi.
I will say, anytime I’ve bought BB extended warranties (via Geek Squad branding IIRC, very similar to this total package) they’ve made me go through 0 hoops - one time a TV crapped out and they didnt have it in stock anymore of course so they gave me a better one “free”, and then I had to get my Oculus replaced and I just went into the store, they said “cool”, and didn’t have it in store but mailed it to me within like 2-3 days.

ETA - quite a few people at my current job grew up in the ranks of Geek Squad and they still buy these extended warranties too so I think that’s worth mentioning too…

As this drop on the wire and Best Buy can kiss my azz with that $200 member ship crap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...-subscribers/ar-AATJ58o?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Yeah it sucks. I’m one of the [probably] few who had reverted back to buying a lot more B&M over Amazon years and years ago. So it’s kind of a sucky thing to be spending that much money at Best Buy but still needing some other membership thing to even have a chance. And without knowing inventory until after it’s in the cart, best thing I read was describing it as a $200 lottery ticket.

I remember telling the guy at BB in Elon College how to flash mother broads in Aug 2019 for B350/ x370 and Ryzen 3000 if anyone had questions and he was like that was there number one issue at time as I was there getting my 3700x, they looked lost trying to sell AMD's new products back then as this Ryzen 3600 /3700x release time with not knowing if those older boards would work or not.

They just didn't seem to understand how to support the local customers at a major college town as it is a university now with the local growth and they have all the stores in the right places to bring them to Microcenter level of a computer store with product just like Comp USA was in the day of my 3800 x2 socket 939 bought local in Greensboro NC

FEs are a lost cause. The trick is to go after less desirable cards from AIBs. Ideally any EVGA card so you can step up.

FEs are a lost cause. The trick is to go after less desirable cards from AIBs. Ideally any EVGA card so you can step up.
3060 ti through 3080 FE, I think you are right. 3080 ti and 3090 FE still possible, they are much less desirable due to cost. As far as evga, be aware you can't just step up to whatever anymore. The card you step up from will limit what you can step up to. Reference the chart on https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Zotac white 3060 on sale + free shipping. $569.99...okayish deal???

not sure if its just they listed them wrong but this is not shown as an LHR card even though I assume it is. All their other cards are labeled as LHR if they are. they even list the MH for eth on the details for their LHR cards.

https://www.zotacstore.com/us/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-3060-amp-white-edition-zt-a30600f-10p
It's a bit higher priced than most cards. Appears to utilize 2 PCIE connections, so higher power requirements than other AIB offerings, so factor that into your budget. If you "need" it now, it is what it is. Pay for whatever you can and are willing to afford.

It's a bit higher priced than most cards. Appears to utilize 2 PCIE connections, so higher power requirements than other AIB offerings, so factor that into your budget. If you "need" it now, it is what it is. Pay for whatever you can and are willing to afford.
My MSI 3060 also has two PCIE connections and never seems to draw enough power to warrant it. Even overclocked I don’t think power would be the limiting factor. Not sure why they did that. Most aib 3060s other than evga are going for around $520.

but can you even find them?

I bought my 3070 amp holo from them and no tax but shipping was like $31

My MSI 3060 also has two PCIE connections and never seems to draw enough power to warrant it. Even overclocked I don’t think power would be the limiting factor. Not sure why they did that. Most aib 3060s other than evga are going for around $520.

But can you actually find one to buy at that price?

Microcenter, Best Buy paywall drops, and Newegg hustle. So your options aren’t great.

Won NE shuffle today for 3080 but on a second thought, the price is not too tempting after CA tax + shipping. Probably someone skip this as the lucky winner usually is notified from 12pm - 2pm PT. (3pm - 5pm ET), so I may be the second person in line. There will be a lucky third person, I guess for this card. ;)

1644884454382.png

Won NE shuffle today for 3080 but on a second thought, the price is not too tempting after CA tax + shipping. Probably someone skip this as the lucky winner usually is notified from 12pm - 2pm PT. (3pm - 5pm ET), so I may be the second person in line. There will be a lucky third person, I guess for this card. ;)

View attachment 444612

It's better than $900 3070 Ti's I guess. Ok both are terrible.

At least you won something with the past... year.

Back