[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

It's the only possible direction in the short term unfortunately. If you can hold out perhaps 2 more years, more fabs may have time to come online, including at least one here in the us, which might finally keep up. If you really wanted/needed this, you wouldn't be having any second thoughts at this point. There's no light at the end of this tunnel yet, and yeah you are feeling the elevation go down with each passing day.

I agree this is the world we are in, but I always second guess and over research purchases. I am frugal to a fault. If it takes me 2 years, I will probably have just given up on gaming completely at that point. I am 80% there already since I am out of the habit now as it is. My current gaming PC is about 8 years old and I am using integrated graphics since my old GPU died. Financially it wouldn't be a hit since my PC build fund has only grown as I delay a new build every time a new game comes out I might be interested in only for it to end up being disappointing.

Depend on what resolution that you play, a 3060ti might just work for you. It also bundles with a power supply to get your build started.

https://www.antonline.com/Evga/Computers/Video_Cards/Graphic_Cards
IMO, for someone who only needs a GPU: I would buy the 3070ti at $969 instead of a 3060ti bundle for $789. That 3070ti is not grossly overpriced, compared to say....EVGA's $800 launch price for their top end 3070ti. And compared to a 3060ti, it will give a fair bit better performance.

The 3070ti is indeed a bad value----if you can get a 3070 for reasonably less. or a 3060ti for even more less.

In this case, that 3060ti bundle is just high enough, it throws off the price balance between these 3 models.

Last edited:
Won’t be buying them from me 😂 BF2042 was included in that bundle and I feel like they should be paying you to play that.
That bad huh. I only buy games that get good/decent reviews. If I'm going to play an fps, I'll just use my desktop.

Has anyone tried turning Best Buy off and back on again?
Or hitting it with a wrench?

I think something is broken.

Should I be refreshing my BB saved list constantly right now?

I would like to get a 3070 or above at some point.

1644087880863.png

Not sure if it's the sit or my internet, but it's pretty slow to refresh everything right now.

Well the last restock was over 2 weeks ago so that's a lot of pointless refreshing.
Use Discord/Twitter GPU alerts and you'll be automatically notified when they come in-stock.

Well the last restock was over 2 weeks ago so that's a lot of pointless refreshing.
Use Discord/Twitter GPU alerts and you'll be automatically notified when they come in-stock.
Yeah, I wasn't trying for more than a few mins. I saw no activity in the NerdSpeak channel you mentioned. The other channel wasn't public or something and wouldn't let me join it.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-super-gtx-1660-super-gaming-x/p/N82E16814137476?

SHELLSHOCKER!!!!!

You too can own a GTX 1660 Super not for the original price of $229, but for the new shellshocker improved price of $470! That's right. You too can pay MORE THAN DOUBLE the original price by buying NOW!!!!!
The fact that it's in-stock at all let alone Shell Shocker is an improvement.
These were going for $500-600 used on Ebay about 2 months ago. If it's $470 NIB I'm guessing Ebay is down to about $350.

Last edited:
The fact that it's in-stock at all let alone Shell Shocker is an improvement.
These were going for $500-600 used on Ebay about 2 months ago. If it's $470 NIB I'm guessing Ebay is down to about $350.
Not quite on fleabay I'm seeing recent sales at $375-600, with most in the $400-425 range.

Edit: Also 1 "open box" card that went for $200. At that price I'm assuming it's a scam and the buyer will get an open box filled with nothing but air.

Newegg Shuffle today. I love it when they have absolutely nothing I'm interested in.

3050's for $400 - $500. Those $329 EVGA's are looking good now.

1644249463972.png

Scored a card for a friend in new egg shuffle. Scored a card for my daughter at MicroCenter (KC). Apparently they had 3050,3060,3070,3090 there if I recall.. This was last Friday. Might check out microcenter if near one. I chatted with microcenter on line, and they were able to tell me they had some stock.. could not reserve it or anything... but another way to save a bit of time

B-Stock 30 series.

8:29 PM, 2080's and Ti's a few minutes later, the rest of the 20 series just now.

8:33 PM Everything else, some 900 series and 16 series.

Last edited:
I won a shuffle today, I really wanted the 3070 KO, but also the 3060 ti gigabyte elite is a great looking card. I’m gonna sell my 1080 strix.

I had been expecting BestBuy to put Nvidia cards on Totaltech a while back. What sucks is that $200 for someone scalping a few cards wouldn't mean anything, whereas if you're just trying to get one card for yourself it really sucks. =(

So BB won't ship cards to you? You have to pickup at the store? They're all saying not available nearby for me. 😠

So BB won't ship cards to you? You have to pickup at the store? They're all saying not available nearby for me. 😠
Yeah they switched to pickup only like a year ago. Sometimes their site bugs out and you can switch to home shipping but not usually.

Yeah they switched to pickup only like a year ago. Sometimes their site bugs out and you can switch to home shipping but not usually.
Goddammit, I'm overseas with a stateside PO box forwarder. Would have to have a friend or family pick it up for me then. 🙄

20 minutes later everything still in stock. I am surprised.
Guessing regional limits are still in place, they should definitely be sold out by now.

Nobody wants to pay $200 to then see if their area can get one I imagine.
The $200 fee also kills scalper margins on most cards, except maybe the 3080... I think the 3070 and 3060 Ti FE's have such low MSRPs, the $200 kills it. Miners aren't buying anymore, either.
The AIB cards are worth less, and marked up.

BB could not have timed this worse.

I snagged a 3080 FE and they are still available (but limit 1, won’t let me check out) in my area.

This is a pretty big drop it looks like they saved stock for a month in conjunction with the TotalTech rollout.

I know not everyone is a fan of the subscription service but it’s been well worth it for me. I was able to get Switch OLED and a few PS5 for friends and family at cost for them and the warranty is nice especially the Apple Care+.

Well the app notification just went out for the GPU Totaltech event, expecting the rest to go pretty quickly at this point.

Well the app notification just went out for the GPU Totaltech event, expecting the rest to go pretty quickly at this point.
Apparently there's an activation delay on new accounts, mostly it's just existing TT members getting cards right now.
Once the new accounts get activated they will disappear. I see one person on Reddit who said he's still getting the Verify Account loop lol.

If anyone can get me a 3070/3080 FE/Ti or 3090, I'll happily compensate you since they won't ship overseas to me. 😔

Last edited:
Apparently there's an activation delay on new accounts, mostly it's just existing TT members getting cards right now.
Once the new accounts get activated they will disappear. I see one person on Reddit who said he's still getting the Verify Account loop lol.
Yep that makes sense, I'm sure they got a bunch of sign-ups to try and snag one. But there's already a lot of TotalTech members who may not have been tuned into a GPU drop and got that notification and jumped on it. Most cards are showing sold out now, just 3080Ti FE (always one of the last to go) and 3070 which will probably see a 250 mile msg.

I know for the PS5 events on Member Mondays, they sold out in like 10-15 minutes.

Back