[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

EVGA had indicated that it will reopen the queues in a week or two. I will update here if I hear any updates
I hope they let us remove existing GPUs from our queues because I have like 20 random cards in there, wasting my spots.
If it occurred to me Nvidia would be launching new GPUs during this cycle I probably would have emptied it.

I hope they let us remove existing GPUs from our queues because I have like 20 random cards in there, wasting my spots.
If it occurred to me Nvidia would be launching new GPUs during this cycle I probably would have emptied it.
There was period where you could remove all and keep the 2 that they allow. If you missed doing that during that period, you are stuck with getting the 2 oldest queue selections, which could be dead end products. You might want to email or call evga support and see if they can do that for you.

There was period where you could remove all and keep the 2 that they allow. If you missed doing that during that period, you are stuck with getting the 2 oldest queue selections, which could be dead end products. You might want to email or call evga support and see if they can do that for you.
Yeah all of my queues are a year+ away so I just said screw it and left them because it didn't matter.

Queues only work if you get in the first few mins to hours and each additional 10 mins may add weeks to months to your wait depending on SKU popularity. Want something quick? Sign up for a very expensive SKU within first hour of queue open if you are lucky.GLTA.

I bought the GT 1030 that was posted here a few pages back to do the step up with EVGA. They didn't like that and cancelled all the step ups for the 1030 people. I called them about it and Customer Service insinuated I was doing something bad by trying to step up to a $1450 card. Still scratching my head on that one. We have a heated Troll infested forum thread going at EVGA over this. All the modz are basically calling us pseudo criminals for trying to buy a freakin' gouge card through the step up program.

I really don't want a 3080Ti. I want a 3080 at some kind of reasonable price.

How do I go about doing that?

I just haven't seen one anywhere. Microcenter is about 650 miles away. I do have a BestBuy close but have no idea how that works and if they even get 3080s in anymore.
Your only real option is Bestbuy for an FE. Sounds like EVGA isn’t really making 3080s anymore or filling queue orders for them. MicroCenter does get 3080s at “msrp” but they are the AIB versions that got for $1100-1200 anyways. At that price I’d just get a 3080Ti FE at Bestbuy.

Bestbuy still drops 3080FEs at $700 but they’re anecdotally lower stock and EVERYONE is targeting them from legit pc gamers looking to upgrade to scalpers who know they have the highest markup margins.

There’s a lot of good tips in this thread on how to get one, sign up for discord alerts, be available th/fri around noon EST, have an account and payment info logged in etc. I believe they implemented some kind of multi browser and tab prevention so do realize you are going to face a lot more competition for the 3080 and 3070 compared to more expensive SKUs like 3080ti and 3090. Just focus on the 3080 and you might get lucky!

Your only real option is Bestbuy for an FE. Sounds like EVGA isn’t really making 3080s anymore or filling queue orders for them. MicroCenter does get 3080s at “msrp” but they are the AIB versions that got for $1100-1200 anyways. At that price I’d just get a 3080Ti FE at Bestbuy.

Bestbuy still drops 3080FEs at $700 but they’re anecdotally lower stock and EVERYONE is targeting them from legit pc gamers looking to upgrade to scalpers who know they have the highest markup margins.

There’s a lot of good tips in this thread on how to get one, sign up for discord alerts, be available th/fri around noon EST, have an account and payment info logged in etc. I believe they implemented some kind of multi browser and tab prevention so do realize you are going to face a lot more competition for the 3080 and 3070 compared to more expensive SKUs like 3080ti and 3090. Just focus on the 3080 and you might get lucky!
EVGA is still making 3080 and in the last 2-3 months the 3080 FTW 3 Ultra queue is moving along.

Other than that, sound advice.

but evga isn't allowing stepups to 3080 ftw3 anymore in usa... I tried back on 1st week of dec and going from
3070ti ftw to 3080 ftw ultra. Got a post from daniel on evgas' site that that step up was no longer available
in usa... I could step up to a 3080 ti , or 3090 , but that's way more money than I wanted to spend ..

I guess the people that bought all of those GTX 1650 's and turned around to there step up program to help cheat there system and make a back log , Evga has an answer for You guys that broke the system for them.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-step-up-rules-change-warranty-pricing-increase

Please stand up and take a vow .
Their step-up queue priority is STILL broken though.
You can buy a low-end 30 series card and step-up to the higher models within a few weeks. Whereas the other real queues take months, years.

In my opinion it's more important that someone in the normal queue gets a 30 series card, rather than someone moving up from a 3060 to a 3080 Ti or whatever. New buyer > Step-up buyer.

TBH they could have simply adjusted their disbursement of step-up cards to fix this. Reduce priority for 10/16 series for people cheesing the queue, reduce overall 30 series GPUs being allocated to the step-up queue entirely.
Yes they should still send out step-up cards but those queues should move slower than the regular queues. Because people in the step-up queue already have cards... Meanwhile people in the normal queue stuck waiting w/ iGPUs.

Their step-up queue priority is STILL broken though.
You can buy a low-end 30 series card and step-up to the higher models within a few weeks. Whereas the other real queues take months, years.

In my opinion it's more important that someone in the normal queue gets a 30 series card, rather than someone moving up from a 3060 to a 3080 Ti or whatever. New buyer > Step-up buyer.

TBH they could have simply adjusted their disbursement of step-up cards to fix this. Reduce priority for 10/16 series for people cheesing the queue, reduce overall 30 series GPUs being allocated to the step-up queue entirely.
Yes they should still send out step-up cards but those queues should move slower than the regular queues. Because people in the step-up queue already have cards... Meanwhile people in the normal queue stuck waiting w/ iGPUs.
They honestly should of just suspended the stepup program.

They honestly should of just suspended the stepup program.
See I thought about that but it's also one of their main benefits that they advertise. Cancelling it outright, while it makes sense, would be a dick move for people buying the cards expecting those features.
But nothing is stopping EVGA from massively gimping the step-up queue. They advertise step-up but they never say how fast it will be.

See I thought about that but it's also one of their main benefits that they advertise. Cancelling it outright, while it makes sense, would be a dick move for people buying the cards expecting those features.
But nothing is stopping EVGA from massively gimping the step-up queue. They advertise step-up but they never say how fast it will be.
Well people are not using the step-up program for it's attended purpose. It to give you a guarantee that if something better comes out in 90 days of purchase you can still get the latest and greatest. They never had to set aside that many cards for the step up program I'm the past.

Well people are not using the step-up program for it's attended purpose. It to give you a guarantee that if something better comes out in 90 days of purchase you can still get the latest and greatest. They never had to set aside that many cards for the step up program I'm the past.

I don't see how the step up program was ever designed for that as you stated. There have always been places to "step up" that had not just come out as something better. What Step ups that are on the current list just came out in the last 90 days?

When do Microcenters usually get stock? I am 1200 miles round trip to the closest one and am trying to figure out if there is a way to do this?

When do Microcenters usually get stock? I am 1200 miles round trip to the closest one and am trying to figure out if there is a way to do this?
Mine normally gets stuff on Wednesday. That is the big drop. They like to put stuff out on Saturday morning also.

I would drive if I could reserve online. Because that's just how ridiculous this has gotten. When they get stock do they list online for reservation?
No. In person only. Their website is hit and miss of what their inventory actually is.

I actually got a notify more than a month ago on a 3070Ti from EVGA. Luckily, I had hit the newegg shuffle on an EVGA 3080 in between when I entered the queue and got notified. The 3070Ti is probably one of the worst bang for buck SKUs out there. I couldn't find anyone locally who wanted the 3070Ti, so I let it go. I even put a post here. I didn't specifically ask for buyers, but I figured I would get hit with PMs asking me to buy it for them, but I didn't. I wonder if the same would happen today.

I saw some appear last week, any idea about that? Should I stop watching it?
No, it can give you a good idea on when drops happen at said store. Unless you lining up early on drop day you won't get a 3080. I am actually not even sure they stock 3080s much atm. I haven't seen any in awhile. On Wednesday I can usually go to my MC after work and they have something from the entire line up. The cheaper versions of card go first. EVGA cards are the most in demand.

No, it can give you a good idea on when drops happen at said store. Unless you lining up early on drop day you won't get a 3080. I am actually not even sure they stock 3080s much atm. I haven't seen any in awhile. On Wednesday I can usually go to my MC after work and they have something from the entire line up. The cheaper versions of card go first. EVGA cards are the most in demand.

Thanx for snapping that into clarity for me. So MC is not even a definite maybe if you are 600 miles away...

This is a national emergency! How many people are committing suicide because they cannot get a GPU?

Join the unofficial microcenter discord. They have stock alerts for each store.

I haven't been able to get the discord thing to work for me. It always complains I haven't done something and cannot figure how to fix it.

We are predicting the next Bestbuy drop will happen Jan 13th at 4:30PM EST. They are your best shot at a GPU.

How do I take advantage of this? Is this a watching Online kind of thing?

Mine have been getting them mostly on Thursdays now. Over summer it was almost everyday from Tues-Fri but now it seems like Thursday is the only big shipment day they get. I've had decent luck on weekends/mondays though with open box returns which is what I typically like to buy (someone has been returning a lot of 6600s). I'm not seeing many 6800s/6800XTs either, but Thursday morning drops typically have a lot of some random model of nvidia card (3060s, 3070Tis, 3080TIs, 3090s seem easiest to get). If you show up early and join the queue I guess you could have a better shot at more desirable cards like 3060tis, 3070s, or 3080s.

They almost always have 6900XTs, 6700XTs and lower end nvidia cards in stock now that aren't good for mining. I've also seen good availability of the 6600 and 6600XT cards. The 6600 and 6600XT prices they have are good, the 6700XT prices are high but in-line with newegg and other stores, and the 6900XT prices are too high for me to justify even if it was for a gaming PC. So if you want something like a 6600-6700XT I wouldn't worry much, but cheap 6900XTs, 6800XTs, or even more rare 6800s are a crapshoot and seem to be less common than earlier in the year if that's possible.

Last edited:
I've heard Microcenter is charging over MSRP these days, and/or only selling high end SKUs to people who buy a whole computer. Any truth to that from those in the know?

B-Stock. On the 20 series.
Site is hammered so stuff is hanging around. I think checkout crashed because nothing is moving.

2060's and vanilla 2070's at 8:23.

Definitely something wrong with checkout. These cards are lasting forever.

Okay the cards have "0 available" but they show up on the store anyway. So they're sold out.

Last edited:
B-Stock is hung on 2060's. If you're after a lesser card they might still be coming.

edit: 1050, 1060, and 1660's gone.

Made it all the way to "Place Order" with one of the $200 1660 Supers before it went out of stock.

Last edited:
site was f'd, got my fhr but no codes applied and CA tax makes it just ok deal now.

Attachments

• unknown-3.png
    unknown-3.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 30
The associate code saves permanently (once per checkout).
So you can apply it in advance and it will still be there next time.

Back