[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

^^ I tried to get the ones in the FS thread... got no response. SO ya'll think I should wait at this point? I'd like to make the purchase before turkey day to avoid missing the boat.

^^ I tried to get the ones in the FS thread... got no response. SO ya'll think I should wait at this point? I'd like to make the purchase before turkey day to avoid missing the boat.
Looks like FB marketplace has several for $400 in my area. Might be worth a shot, if you don't mind a $50 markup

Yeah I was googling one of the newer TI cards the other day because I completely forgot what MSRP was, and this popped up with the only results in the google shopping/marketplace (whatever it's called) bar at the top. My thought was WTF Google? How is an obvious scam site managing to get up here? Fuck it they gave you money so why not? Lots of people clicked it because "holy balls that's so low even super desperate people want to see it"?

Yeah I was googling one of the newer TI cards the other day because I completely forgot what MSRP was, and this popped up with the only results in the google shopping/marketplace (whatever it's called) bar at the top. My thought was WTF Google? How is an obvious scam site managing to get up here? Fuck it they gave you money so why not? Lots of people clicked it because "holy balls that's so low even super desperate people want to see it"?
Yes , I seen it in link because I was looking at RTX video cards somewhere ..

If this were a normal market, we'd be seeing $4xx 3070s and $6xx 3080s from amazon warehouse drop regularly and not get botted out. 2070/2070s used on amazon used to sit in the 3xx/4xx range for days late last year.

If this were a normal market, we'd be seeing $4xx 3070s and $6xx 3080s from amazon warehouse drop regularly and not get botted out. 2070/2070s used on amazon used to sit in the 3xx/4xx range for days late last year.
Yeah we are far from normal though. The whole "limited supply" really doesn't explain all the 20 and 10 series cards getting snatched up either. And I dont buy the "well.everyone wants a gaming machine because of lockdowns" argument either

Yeah we are far from normal though. The whole "limited supply" really doesn't explain all the 20 and 10 series cards getting snatched up either. And I dont buy the "well.everyone wants a gaming machine because of lockdowns" argument either
Gaming machine? I have 8 cards in my office right now and only the 3090 gets occasional 'gaming' use.

I sold my RX 570 8Gb for $330 which knocks the Zotec RTX 3070 holo down to $549 for me so far and I still have my RX 5700 yet to sale if I keep the Nvidia card as my display is FreeSync .

One word, mining. Everyone and their brother wants in on the craze. Once GPU mining is no longer profitable, you will see prices normalize. Until then I refuse to pay a single penny above AMD and Nvidia MSRP. I don't care if I have to wait months or beyond.

Last edited:
One word, mining. Everyone and their brother wants in on the craze. Once GPU mining is no longer profitable, you will see prices normalize. Until then I refuse to pay a single penny above AMD and Nvidia MSRP. I don't care if I have to wait months or beyond.
Beyond. The answer is beyond.

Mining obviously, they still do a good job at it and right now, having mining rigs making you extra money is actually not a bad thing.

Some cards have shown up at BestBuy off and on this morning, but I've just gotten stuck in an infinite `Verify Your Account' loop (that is, hit the `Add to Cart' button, wait, get the `Verify Your Account' and then get stuck back waiting...) for all the cards I saw. Same thing on Chrome, Edge and the mobile app. =(

Another hour or so wasted on this BB drop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-094752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111-094752_Chrome.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1
Ya it was pretty shit. I dont get how anyone actually gets anything. I was all over the links to cards. Just verify loops over and over again. Nothing ever went to cart.

Da f*ck....

I am going to guess all the bots just bypass the verify process and check out automatically while all the real people sit there waiting for verification.

I got the 3070ti added to my cart but the same old not available within 250 miles.

Ya it was pretty shit. I dont get how anyone actually gets anything. I was all over the links to cards. Just verify loops over and over again. Nothing ever went to cart.

Da f*ck....

I am going to guess all the bots just bypass the verify process and check out automatically while all the real people sit there waiting for verification.
It's about getting lucky with a good queue time and region availability. It feels like you need to be fast to get one but it's mostly just a lottery.

It's about getting lucky with a good queue time and region availability. It feels like you need to be fast to get one but it's mostly just a lottery.
I guess thats part of it. Nothing is ever available in my area then I guess is my issue.

Mining obviously, they still do a good job at it and right now, having mining rigs making you extra money is actually not a bad thing.
Mining and scalping, which arguably go hand in hand but not necessarily. If it was just the miners that we had to worry about, then it's doubtful they could buy up all the stock, at least for in-store purchases (which are non-existent because stores don't want to deal with the mess/issues with huge lines of people outside for days). Scalpers on the other hand, their numbers are far greater, it's a way to make a "quick" buck all you have to do is use some time of your worthless life to constantly camp out at stores.

I actually got a Switch OLED today on BB, pickup only. Even got stuck checking out because it made me enter my CVV twice and it wouldn’t save, so I ended up using paypal…

I have NEVER been successful with GPUs, but i think its cause im in the DC/MD area and the supply/demand is off

As a side note, I won a shuffle combo EVGA 3060+PSU (I actually needed a PSU!)on 11/5, and have already stepped up to a 3060 ti, my card is on the way to them today. Other threads seem to say people are having decent success with step-up, but whats weird is my ORIGINAL 3070 purchased like two months after release STILL hasn’t been made whole as a 3080 - still waiting in that queue :(

I actually got a Switch OLED today on BB, pickup only. Even got stuck checking out because it made me enter my CVV twice and it wouldn’t save, so I ended up using paypal…

I have NEVER been successful with GPUs, but i think its cause im in the DC/MD area and the supply/demand is off

As a side note, I won a shuffle combo EVGA 3060+PSU (I actually needed a PSU!)on 11/5, and have already stepped up to a 3060 ti, my card is on the way to them today. Other threads seem to say people are having decent success with step-up, but whats weird is my ORIGINAL 3070 purchased like two months after release STILL hasn’t been made whole as a 3080 - still waiting in that queue :(
There is the very real possibility that it will never step up. There are probably hundreds of thousands of people in front of you. The 3080 was simply too popular.

Related, this guy said his 3060 to 3070 Ti step-up took 1 week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/qm6afs/evga_step_up_from_3060_to_3070ti/

The farther down the stack you go, the fewer eligible step-up cards that exist. For example, the 3060 step-up queue is probably non-existant. Because there aren't many new GPUs being sold below that point.
If you're after a 3060, 3070, or 3070 Ti, you could probably just find any random EVGA card sub-$700 and step up to those. I saw some people buying GT 710's to do it.

Last edited:
The farther down the stack you go, the fewer eligible step-up cards that exist.
My experience was different. 1030 -> 3060 took about 8 days on two recent occasions. Anecdotal, granted. For a long time the play was also to ignore 3080 and step up to 3090 from 3060. Usually only a few days until more recently when too many people figured this out.

But unless you actually try, it's just speculation.

Back