[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Finally got picked for a Newegg Shuffle.
3080Ti and Gigabyte Z590 board are on the way.

This lines up great with Costco's sale on the 48" C1 for $1099 that starts on 10/27.

This card won't fit in my ITX case. I have to decide weather I'll start a full rebuild now or start by just moving everything into an ATX case for now.
which case do you have?

there are ITX cases which fit the big cards. some of them are pretty expensive, though. I have a Sliger case it wasn't cheap hehe...

which case do you have?

there are ITX cases which fit the big cards. some of them are pretty expensive, though. I have a Sliger case it wasn't cheap hehe...
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX. I've also got a NZXT Manta in the basement. They've only got about 2.2slot clearance for the GPU. I got the GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS PRO AX ATX Intel Motherboard as a combo with the 3080ti. I think I'd prefer to go w/ AMD when I do complete a build. Maybe I can find someone to swap with or find a home for the board. Maybe BF deals will appear that makes it an easy choice one way or another. My local BB has Corsair 4000D airflow ATX case in stock for $85 which should work just fine for now.

EVGA - Step Up notification came in.

So, is this a Step Up or Step Down, really?

3070 KR for a 3080 KL - LHR

My 3070 is in a multiuse rig - gaming, rendering, DC tasks and mining. Since it's mostly "idle" it spends its days mining and DC'ing, mostly. It's paid for itself easily, and them some, in the last year. Which is about how long I've been waiting in the Step Up program. Entered into it well before the LHR cards were a thing. Feels like a temporary Step Down with a mid to long term Step Up.

• Original Part Number: 08G-P5-3751-KR
  • NEW Part Number: 10G-P5-3897-KL - EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3897-KL, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate, LHR

My 3070 is in a multiuse rig - gaming, rendering, DC tasks and mining. Since it's mostly "idle" it spends its days mining and DC'ing, mostly. It's paid for itself easily, and them some, in the last year. Which is about how long I've been waiting in the Step Up program. Entered into it well before the LHR cards were a thing. Feels like a temporary Step Down with a mid to long term Step Up.

• NEW Part Number: 10G-P5-3897-KL - EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3897-KL, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate, LHR
will be a step-up for gaming and rendering.

I don't follow mining closely but...it seems like you can still do plenty, outside of ETH.

I was waiting on the 3080 Ti queue and got to the `Verify your account' phase, but instead of adding it to my cart it just kicked me back to the queue. =( And now it just sold out.

I was waiting on the 3080 Ti queue and got to the `Verify your account' phase, but instead of adding it to my cart it just kicked me back to the queue. =( And now it just sold out.
Were you using NerdSpeak extension to try to get shorter queue times? It seems BB blocked that finally.

Last edited:

I'd say it's a step-up. You're getting an overall more powerful card that with the current eth hash unlocker for LHR cards will get the same or better hashing power than your current 3070

maybe false alarm. their site was at high capacity but...I got through finally and there is zero evidence of a drop. Hmmm...
They must have only dropped 1 or 2 desirable cards, rather than a large drop. because there's still nothing.
Today, there was a single 2070 Super at 12:13 PM EST for $510. Nothing else. The site did get hammered, it took me about 30 seconds to even load the page.
Previous drop was a single card on Thursday and another on Wednesday, 2060 KO and a 2060 SC. Just one each time. Then on Tuesday (Oct 12) there was a small handful of 30 series @ 9:07 PM EST.

EVGA's drops have piddled out the last 2 weeks. My guess, they are hoarding for the holiday season. Expecting more RMAs = Less B-Stock? Who knows.

Best Buy dropped at 12:38 PM EST today.

Last edited:
Were you using NerdSpeak extension to try to get shorter queue times? It seems BB blocked that finally.

I did have that loaded, so that definitely could be it. It's so nice to see the queue time though, especially since it was in the 16-30 minute range today, but it's certainly not worth it if it means that they just dump you back on the queue again...

I did have that loaded, so that definitely could be it. It's so nice to see the queue time though, especially since it was in the 16-30 minute range today, but it's certainly not worth it if it means that they just dump you back on the queue again...

You can use it to see queue time, just don't "re-queue"

I had some people respond to me on Reddit with the same issue w/o the addon.

According to the admins there, if your timer reset on Verify it means the card was out of stock already.

Last edited:
I was on a conference and missed today's Best Buy drop. What came into stock for twenty seconds and was anybody here able to buy a 3080 or better from the drop?

I was on a conference and missed today's Best Buy drop. What came into stock for twenty seconds and was anybody here able to buy a 3080 or better from the drop?
it was a very small drop. I......would struggle to even call it a drop.

BestBuy has some cards showing up right now. No luck for me so far, but maybe someone can get one!
Was lucky enough to grab an EVGA 3080 in today's BB drop, no thanks to TechDrops notifications. Shout out to scgt1 for being on the ball with the TD notification. I must have gotten in the queue early because I was checked out in less than a minute. Probably before the servers got hammered.

It only took me 12 months of trying through normal channels to finally get my first 3000 series, but I finally got one today. Granted, the 3080 FE was my preference, but I'll gladly settle for this.

It's neat how BB still lists the prior non-LHR along with the LHR version of the 3080 on its website. Gotta love EVGA adding $170 to the msrp on both of them when the total build cost of this non-reference card is, depending on that stupidly high dollar figure floating around for the cost of the FE cooling solution, possibly less than that of an FE card.

Then you look at Gigabye and Asus adding 300+ over the msrp for their non-reference models.

Are there any current decent discords for tracking drops and such, looking for a PS5 for a friends kids for Xmass, and an Asus Strix 3070-3080ti a friend asked me to help find.

Are there any current decent discords for tracking drops and such, looking for a PS5 for a friends kids for Xmass, and an Asus Strix 3070-3080ti a friend asked me to help find.
Those discords undertaker posted are great places to start but to be honest, getting a PS5 is practically impossible now. I’ve scored 5 total for friends, the last one I started looking in early August and couldn’t get one at all until BB did that “pay $200” thing which my friend did since they were gonna need TV installation anyways.

I’m in the VA/DC/MD area so ymmv but, its been exponentially harder over the last few months

Those discords undertaker posted are great places to start but to be honest, getting a PS5 is practically impossible now. I’ve scored 5 total for friends, the last one I started looking in early August and couldn’t get one at all until BB did that “pay $200” thing which my friend did since they were gonna need TV installation anyways.

I’m in the VA/DC/MD area so ymmv but, its been exponentially harder over the last few months
Yesterday's BB drop was f...d, the regular queue extensions were not working at all. Expect things to get a lot harder going into the holidays.

Yesterday's BB drop was f...d, the regular queue extensions were not working at all. Expect things to get a lot harder going into the Christmas.

That's because it looks like BB added something to prevent people from re-queueing quickly. I ended up snagging a 3090 FE and I had the extension, but got a great time off the rip. However, later on, I tried again for something else and it kicked me back into queue after I tried to re-queue for a better time a few times.

That's because it looks like BB added something to prevent people from re-queueing quickly. I ended up snagging a 3090 FE and I had the extension, but got a great time off the rip. However, later on, I tried again for something else and it kicked me back into queue after I tried to re-queue for a better time a few times.
Interesting, may have to try being patient next time.Any idea on how many re-queues are allowed?

Just a heads up that for the $15 a year Gamestop Pro costs you will get e-mails for drops they are having. I didn't see the e-mail until just now, but they sent notice of a PS5 drop for noon eastern today that I received at 9 this morning.

Just a heads up that for the $15 a year Gamestop Pro costs you will get e-mails for drops they are having. I didn't see the e-mail until just now, but they sent notice of a PS5 drop for noon eastern today that I received at 9 this morning.

Site locked up at noon eastern and by the time I got in 3 minutes later they were all gone. I'm guessing they didn't have a lot of stock. But yeah, Pro is definitely worth it for the early access emails, but like you said, they don't give you much notice.

Probably because Galax is not in North America anymore. So you're effectively buying something in Europe, so VAT, thus sales tax, is probably included in the US price.

I'm curious as to what shipping and eta was for you?
No it's their new NA storefront shipping from IL, total was just over 1200 for the bundle, not a smoking deal but not a bad deal in this market. That 3080 is very well rated, no ETA yet but shows confirmed so let's see. Shipping from:
1862 E Belvidere Rd,
Grayslake, IL. 60030
US
Get Directions
+85221561208
[email protected]

No it's their new NA storefront shipping from IL, total was just over 1200 for the bundle, not a smoking deal but not a bad deal in this market. That 3080 is very well rated, no ETA yet but shows confirmed so let's see. Shipping from:
1862 E Belvidere Rd,
Grayslake, IL. 60030
US
Get Directions
+85221561208
[email protected]
Ahh, news to me. Explains some things. Nice to see them back in NA. I have a GTX 670 of theirs still going strong.

1862 E Belvidere Rd,
Grayslake, IL. 60030
US
Get Directions
+85221561208
[email protected]

Is this supposed to be a retail store? That's like 20 minutes down the road from me. I have a doctors appt. across the street next week, I'll have to go check it out and see what is there.

1862 E Belvidere Rd,
Grayslake, IL. 60030
US
Get Directions
+85221561208
[email protected]
Oof, looks shady as hell. Address is a rented UPS Store mailbox in an Arby's parking lot. Domain was registered only 67 days ago. I don't have time to dig deeper but proceed with caution. There are a lot of pop-up GPU sites that are scams.

Last edited:
Oof, looks shady as hell. Address is an Arby's parking lot. Domain was registered only 67 days ago. I don't have time to dig deeper but proceed with caution. There are a lot of pop-up GPU sites that are scams.
That's where paypal first and then chase will come in though it looks to be galax's legit store.

Update: It's legit, the email on my invoice is the one for their HK sales manager. Not sure how they are structuring the operation but it's directly from the manufacturer, not a third party store front.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jam-shing-3a56ba1b/?originalSubdomain=hk

Back