[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I can't believe it, I won the shuffle!
View attachment 370399
It's a shame I got the bundle with the power supply, but I'll take it.
Well, I hope I actually get it. UPS failed to deliver today. Newegg put a signature requirement on the packages, which is fine, as my wife works from home. She heard the truck and the guy spent a long time in the back of the truck in front of the house, then the camera shows that he ran to the front porch and dropped another package that my wife ordered. He didn't even ring the bell. Then, he ran back the truck, got another small package and dropped it on the porch. Then, he was gone. Then, I get notice that no one was home for delivery. On the one box he delivered, he had attached two stickers. One shows that the 3080 is going to be delivered to the UPS Access Point at CVS on the next UPS delivery day. The other shows that the Power Supply will be attempted to be delivered to the house again on the next UPS delivery day. I contacted UPS on chat and they said they would try to re-deliver the packages, however, online it only shows they will try to re-deliver the power supply. I missed a phone call on the way home and when I looked up the number, it's a local UPS number. They didn't leave a message. I tried calling it, but it just rings and rings with no answer. Now, I probably won't have resolution about whether my stuff is lost, stolen, or I'll actually get it until next Tuesday.

Well, I hope I actually get it. UPS failed to deliver today. Newegg put a signature requirement on the packages, which is fine, as my wife works from home. She heard the truck and the guy spent a long time in the back of the truck in front of the house, then the camera shows that he ran to the front porch and dropped another package that my wife ordered. He didn't even ring the bell. Then, he ran back the truck, got another small package and dropped it on the porch. Then, he was gone. Then, I get notice that no one was home for delivery. On the one box he delivered, he had attached two stickers. One shows that the 3080 is going to be delivered to the UPS Access Point at CVS on the next UPS delivery day. The other shows that the Power Supply will be attempted to be delivered to the house again on the next UPS delivery day. I contacted UPS on chat and they said they would try to re-deliver the packages, however, online it only shows they will try to re-deliver the power supply. I missed a phone call on the way home and when I looked up the number, it's a local UPS number. They didn't leave a message. I tried calling it, but it just rings and rings with no answer. Now, I probably won't have resolution about whether my stuff is lost, stolen, or I'll actually get it until next Tuesday.
So, they actually delivered the 3080 today. Didn't ask for signature, just dropped on the porch, rang the bell and left. I also got a text from UPS telling me that it was just delivered to CVS for pick up, too. Is there a free 3080 waiting for me??? ;-) However, the PSU wasn't delivered and shows a Tuesday delivery. For all I care, they can lose that and give me my money back.

For the record, Newegg puts EVGA and the sku number on the shipping label.

Last edited:
So, they actually delivered the 3080 today. Didn't ask for signature, just dropped on the porch, rang the bell and left. I also got a text from UPS telling me that it was just delivered to CVS for pick up, too. Is there a free 3080 waiting for me??? ;-) However, the PSU wasn't delivered and shows a Tuesday delivery. For all I care, they can lose that and give me my money back.
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with the signature stuff but....I recently received an expensive CPU from another website, the tracking info said signature required, but they just set it on my porch.

Signature required is meaningless in the COVID era we live in, all shipping companies ignore it.
Except God forbid you sell on fleabay and get a shitty buyer, you're SOL if the item is over 750 and didn't have the signature check on the tracking, regardless of what the shipping companies actually do though many delivery people actually do get it again with the reopening and folks getting vaccinated.

Signature required is meaningless in the COVID era we live in, all shipping companies ignore it.
No, because if they did then they would be getting taken to court for charging shippers for the service.

My laptop delivered from Best Buy last month was sent with a signature requirement. I wasn't home. It wasn't left.

No, because if they did then they would be getting taken to court for charging shippers for the service.

My laptop delivered from Best Buy last month was sent with a signature requirement. I wasn't home. It wasn't left.
I get a LOT of packages. Once in a while they will wait for me to open door. Im talking prebuilts with 3080s just left at the door. It says I signed for it (forged and spelled wrong ) too on the tracking info later on. USPS waited for me to answer the door for a package with $18 dollar shirt though lol

UPS guideline here, they supposed to wait for you to confirm but no sig required. But we all know most of them don't wait.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page

"In the interest of employee and customer safety, UPS’s Signature Required guidelines are temporarily being adjusted such that consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID."

UPS guideline here, they supposed to wait for you to confirm but no sig required. But we all know most of them don't wait.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page

"In the interest of employee and customer safety, UPS’s Signature Required guidelines are temporarily being adjusted such that consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID."
All I can say is the guy on Friday had no intention of finding out if anyone was home. He didn't even carry the gpu box to the door, just the "I missed you" note. I had the front door open today so you could see in through the front door to make it obvious someone was home so that there would be no excuse.

I get a LOT of packages. Once in a while they will wait for me to open door. Im talking prebuilts with 3080s just left at the door. It says I signed for it (forged and spelled wrong ) too on the tracking info later on. USPS waited for me to answer the door for a package with $18 dollar shirt though lol
That's not what a signature requirement is though. Very few packages ship with a requiement. It's a paid add-on.

That's not what a signature requirement is though. Very few packages ship with a requiement. It's a paid add-on.
In their defense the carriers are usually the same few guys and the USPS lady. They feel comfortable to leave it as I am not a scammer and lived in the same house for 9 years now. But I would prefer they at least make sure I open the door before they leave. There are substitutes sometimes as well.

Haven't ordered from Newegg in years. Recently purchased a hard drive from them. First shuffle since, I won.. missed the email for a 3070ti by a hour. Probably wouldn't have got it since I already have a 3070. Found the selection interesting though.

Looks like MC has a new system to hand out Nvidia cards in the morning. I didn't ask for details.

PXL_20210706_200028415.MP.jpg

Slightly wild guess but:

Since Newegg had PS5's in the shuffle today, its possible Best Buy will have a PS5 drop tomorrow.

Slightly wild guess but:

Since Newegg had PS5's in the shuffle today, its possible Best Buy will have a PS5 drop tomorrow.

There's definitely huge anticipation of *something* - consoles or GPU's or both - at BB tomorrow, since it's been over 2 weeks since last drop, and screenshots of GPU stock (including the delayed 3070 Ti FE) sitting in BB distribution centers have circulated. However BB and Newegg stock don't really correlate, as they get different shipments at different times and stage them differently. BB will let GPU and console stock accumulate in their DC's for days to weeks, whereas Newegg scans into inventory usually 24-48h of delivery.

Last edited:
Wow a $2000 3080 ti on the shuffle today, are they nuts?
Someone will probably buy it, but, yes, it's a ridiculous price.

The gigabyte cards are more reasonable in both the 3080 and 3080ti models - if only they weren't requiring the purchase of a motherboard most people probably don't need.

Anyone have any idea how long the “line” is for the XSX on the Microsoft store via the insider program? I do not need an XSX immediately, but checking stock wears on me. I randomly hit up the big names, but expect that this it is all still bot’s paradise.

Anyone have any idea how long the “line” is for the XSX on the Microsoft store via the insider program? I do not need an XSX immediately, but checking stock wears on me. I randomly hit up the big names, but expect that this it is all still bot’s paradise.
Target is your best option for XSX, though it does involve random stock checking...

I actually got a evga 3070 from them at the beginning of all this for 770, which i thought was highway robbery at the time… quick shipping and EVGA recognizes them for trade up queue
I just checked their prices. You could do better on ebay.

Reactions: sover
like this
Back