[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Best buy drop is going on. Most of the stuff I was looking at seems to have just gone out of stock almost instantly.
Was an unusual one since they didn't drop any Founder's Edition cards, even though a screenshot made the rounds showing lots of FE cards in their distribution center(s). So whether they'll perhaps drop them tomorrow, or next week, or even pull some surprise and say they're all in-store-only - is anyone's guess.

GPUs were just up on AMD.com for maaaybe 3 minutes. couldn't add to cart. I got through the captcha on one, but still wouldn't add to cart.

Either AMD's site is going screwey, or they just dropped a few more. because I got add to cart buttons on a couple of refreshes. two different browsers.

The captcha was giving me issues. Couldnt get the 6800 into cart.
Then OOS, then 10 min later IN stock again

Was an unusual one since they didn't drop any Founder's Edition cards, even though a screenshot made the rounds showing lots of FE cards in their distribution center(s). So whether they'll perhaps drop them tomorrow, or next week, or even pull some surprise and say they're all in-store-only - is anyone's guess.
Internet consipiracy is that no Founder's cards for the TI models, have actually been available to buy, at all. Some people whom claim to be tracking best buy's site constantly, say that they haven't ever shown in stock.

Last edited:

I'm honestly betting on all the FE cards being in-store only and they're waiting to be able to stock everywhere i'd imagine

Internet consipiracy is that no Founder's cards for the TI models, have actually been available to buy, at all. Some people whom claim to be tracking best buy's site constantly, say that they haven't ever shown in stock.
Best buy is only doing in store on those it seems now. They did launch day in store had about 30-40 each store according to all kinds of tweets. So I believe they are only in stores they did announce the initial launches. Didn't really check after that.

Best buy is only doing in store on those it seems now. They did launch day in store had about 30-40 each store according to all kinds of tweets. So I believe they are only in stores they did announce the initial launches. Didn't really check after that.
Linus said that the only 3070Ti FE they could find for sale on line looked like a reviewer sample and he found the same picture twice for listing in different states, so that one was a scam at that. I don't think they made any more than a few hundred 3070Ti FE cards, just so they could say that there were some available at their MSRP.

I'm getting close~ish enough at EVGA that I'm just going to wait instead of hitting up the shuffle for a +$500 Zotac...

Laughable shuffle so far today. Just Xbox series X and the AMD 5900X and 5950X - at higher than MSRP prices right as they're becoming easier to get. (both were in stock on AMD.com for at least 18 hours last week, and I was able to add them to my cart)

Laughable shuffle so far today. Just Xbox series X and the AMD 5900X and 5950X - at higher than MSRP prices right as they're becoming easier to get. (both were in stock on AMD.com for at least 18 hours last week, and I was able to add them to my cart)
This ranks right up there with the shuffle where they had blenders and vacuums and what-not on there.

Those EVGA cards are the low hash rate variants. You may not care, but you may. I suspect that’s why the low price.

EVGA cards ending in KR are original purebred cards.

The EVGA cards ending in KL are the new cards that have mining hashrates bastardized.

If you never plan to crypto mine there won’t be any difference for gaming, but most miners won’t want those cards, so after the initial scalpers have their way on the frenzy of new drops, the overpricing should dry up, and you should be able to buy them anywhere for MSRP.

Last edited:
In stock - deal or no deal?

1624981436316.png

Those EVGA cards are the low hash rate variants. You may not care, but you may. I suspect that’s why the low price.

EVGA cards ending in KR are original purebreds cards.

The EVGA cards ending in KL are the new cards that have mining hashrates bastardized.

If you never plan to crypto mine there won’t be any difference for gaming, but most miners won’t want those cards, so after the initial scalpers have their way on the frenzy of new cards, the overpricing should dry up, and you should be able to buy them anywhere for retail.
Yep- and I both don't care and won't win the shuffle.

That's a 6900XTX chip. special bin from AMD. Its basically a 6900XT which turbo boosts really high like a 6700XT or a PS5.

Its faster than a 3090

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asrock-radeon-rx-6900-xt-oc-formula/
Not with RT it isn't, at these prices you want all bells and whistles. AMD's best value this gen are the 6800/XTs. The 6800 is now significantly faster overall than the 3070 and even the 3070 Ti, with RT perf being just slightly behind the 3070.

Back