[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Crazy Shuffle today, especially if you like high prices and combos.
I clicked everything and ill let someone else get the things dont want if I win

bufodr_T

My Alienware R12 came in, thanks for posting that link last month!

A couple niceties I did not expect. The NVME drive is a gen 4 Samsung with 7,200MBps read, the GPU PCI-E port is gen 4 16x.

For $1860 shipped and taxed that was a heck of a deal. Scores in the top 2% of all enthusiasts PCs with nothing more than a simple RAM increase. This is with 4 sticks of 8GB DDR 4 running at 2400Mhz.
1618947342989.png

When I first benchmarked it I was thrown off because the 11700f CPU score was so low. It came with just a single 8GB PC3200 stick, and that HURTS the performance (even though it was actually running at 3200Mhz - it had no dual channel function). I threw in my 4 x 8GB sticks of PC3200 RAM from my X99 6950X Intel Extreme Edition based setup (which sadly are only recognized as 2400Mhz RAM in this Alienware system) and the CPU score went up tremendously with no other change.

Here is 32GB Alienware (PC2400 dual channel), compared to 8GB Alienware (PC3200 single channel), compared to my 32GB X99 10 core/20 thread 6950X system (PC3200 in quad channel) with a Asus Tuf OC 3080.
(The Alienware has the Dell/OEM 3080)
1618947683985.png

Last edited:
I got the r11 with 6800xt for around that price and enough dell rewards points to buy the ram upgrade for free. We’ll see how that goes. Planning to sell the rig with either no GPU or with a 1650 super. 6800xt seems not to get much respect but it looks like a solid card.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm deciding if I want to sell off my x99 system and keep the Alienware system in full, or sell off the 3080 Graphics card and get a free PC, or keep the graphics card and sell the PC for ~$1k.

I'm probably leaning towards one of the later options. Though this Alienware desktop is nicer than I expected. I got the water cooling variant and neither the CPU, nor the GPU make any noticeable audible noise in benchmarking with 3dmark. The sound the computer has when just on at idle (it isn't silent, but it isn't annoying) doesn't change. My work's HP G4 Studio Zbook laptop on my desk is louder in regular use than the Alienware is while benchmarking. Anyone complaining the Alienware is too loud should have gone for the $30 water cooling upgrade.

Yeah I'm deciding if I want to sell off my x99 system and keep the Alienware, or sell off the 3080 Graphics card and get a free PC, or keep the graphics card and sell the PC for ~$1k.
Dibs on the 3080! No but really, that 3080 is a unicorn, don't let it go.

bufodr_T

A couple niceties I did not expect. The NVME drive is a gen 4 Samsung with 7,200MBps read, the GPU PCI-E port is gen 4 16x.

For $1860 shipped and taxed that was a heck of a deal. Scores in the top 2% of all enthusiasts PCs with nothing more than a simple RAM increase. This is with 4 sticks of 8GB DDR 4 running at 2400Mhz.
View attachment 349537

When I first benchmarked it I was thrown off because the 11700f CPU score was so low. It came with just a single 8GB PC3200 stick, and that HURTS the performance (even though it was actually running at 3200Mhz - it had no dual channel function). I threw in my 4 x 8GB sticks of PC3200 RAM from my X99 6950X Intel Extreme Edition based setup (which sadly are only recognized as 2400Mhz RAM in this Alienware system) and the CPU score went up tremendously with no other change.

Here is 32GB Alienware (PC2400 dual channel), compared to 8GB Alienware (PC3200 single channel), compared to my 32GB X99 10 core/20 thread 6950X system (PC3200 in quad channel) with a Asus Tuf OC 3080.
View attachment 349539
Nice!!

Dibs on the 3080! No but really, that 3080 is a unicorn, don't let it go.
This, I sold a couple of mine at market rates in Feb and deeply regret it. Easy loss of 1.2k in appreciation.If Nvidia does implement mining restrictions across the new 3080 Tis, expect the prices for current 3080 and 3090s to skyrocket, one reason I justified another 3090 from EVGA.

I don’t know if I’d be more distressed if I won with these prices.
I haven't gotten my rejection email yet, so no rhyme from me. But consider the possibility that these are good prices, and you'll be kicking yourself in six months with 1k 3060 pricing.

bufodr_T

View attachment 349537

View attachment 349539
we went from being impressed with 7200rpm drives to 7200r/w! Sorry for sounding old but that’s amazing

I haven't gotten my rejection email yet, so no rhyme from me. But consider the possibility that these are good prices, and you'll be kicking yourself in six months with 1k 3060 pricing.
That $670 z490 bundle is hard to digest with a $1080 3080 😲

That $670 z490 bundle is hard to digest with a $1080 3080 😲
Yeah I don't even bother with garbage like that. A throwaway power supply, a motherboard I can sell for a few hundred sure. But a $600+ motherboard I will have to throw away because no one will buy it? Naw I'm all set with THAT level of waste, if I were going to do that I would buy a prebuilt.

Stopped counting a while ago but I’m now somewhere in the 30’s for the shuffle let’s call it roughly 0-35.

How is everyone else doing? I haven’t been watching the thread closely past week or so, any new shuffle winners from [H] ?

I'm on a losing streak with the shuffle I haven't been selected in about 3 weeks. All the L's are killing my mojo.

Hardware unboxed says they talked to some retailers/etailers and all these bundles were are seeing on newegg shuffle and some other sites------are allegedly from the distributers who supply the retailers/etailers. And further, those same distributers are inflating prices of GPUs by themselves, to incentivize going with the bundles.

And therefore, I would personally surmise, that's why pre-builts seem to have relatively better supply. The model is to sell pats together anyway.

and they claim no distributers agreed to respond for the video.

They talk about this around the 5 minute mark

Hardware unboxed says they talked to some retailers/etailers and all these bundles were are seeing on newegg shuffle and some other sites------are allegedly from the distributers who supply the retailers/etailers. And further, those same distributers are inflating prices of GPUs by themselves, to incentivize going with the bundles.

And therefore, I would personally surmise, that's why pre-builts seem to have relatively better supply. The model is to sell pats together anyway.

I had a feeling it was something like this.
Its ridiculous, but the people (scalpers) have made this happen to a large degree

I think that’s why you see a lot of gigabyte PSUs in many prebuilts right now. I think gigabyte may be one of the worst offenders of this. They probably also know their PSUs have a bad rap and this is one way to clear stock forcefully.

On a bit more optimistic note, this time last year was dumbbell-gate
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...116/dumbbell-set-shortage-nordictrack-bowflex
, dumbbells were kind of what GPUs are today..haven't kept track in a while but was pleasantly surprised to find powerblocks in stock at dick's to ship. Then again, I do not think dumbbells were botted to the same extent (shipping them is very very expensive) and they produce muscles not moolah 🤑

For those of you who have won multiple times on the newegg shuffle. Are you entering with multiple accounts? At this point I'm signing up for things I have zero interest in, just to see if I can win anything at all? I've never been selected, and I've entered most from the very beginning. In most of them though, I only entered for things I actually was interested in, which was usually (of course) the best value items. (least overpriced/non combo, etc)

Last edited:
i only have one account and have been selected 6 times. Hooked up all my locals that game selling them at cost. I am trying to get a 6700xt to upgrade my sons vega 56 now.

For those of you who have won multiple times on the newegg shuffle. Are you entering with multiple accounts? At this point I'm signing up for things I have zero interest in, just to see if I can win anything at all? I've never been selected, and I've entered most from the very beginning. In most of them though, I only entered for things I actually was interested in, which was usually (of course) the best value items. (lease overpriced/non combo, etc)
Not a winner, and playing fair with my only account, but that's been my general strategy as well. At this point though, I feel like the chance of winning is so low to begin with I generally enter most everything* anyway. I can decide what to do then IF I win.

*Staying away from overpriced 6700XTs, Playstation5's, and Baller 3090 combos

Not a winner, and playing fair with my only account, but that's been my general strategy as well. At this point though, I feel like the chance of winning is so low to begin with I generally enter most everything* anyway. I can decide what to do then IF I win.

*Staying away from overpriced 6700XTs, Playstation5's, and Baller 3090 combos
Im actually trying to get a ps5 for myself.

For those of you who have won multiple times on the newegg shuffle. Are you entering with multiple accounts? At this point I'm signing up for things I have zero interest in, just to see if I can win anything at all? I've never been selected, and I've entered most from the very beginning. In most of them though, I only entered for things I actually was interested in, which was usually (of course) the best value items. (lease overpriced/non combo, etc)

i've been trying on 2 legit accounts and submit from different IPs. Doesn't seem to make a difference. One I submit using the newegg app.

At this point I'll take the baller 3k 3090

Back