[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

ended up submitting using both accounts I have this time. 2 rejections on the same day I suspect.

looks like I missed out on shuffle today. I wont be able to enjoy my rejection email today sadly. Gotta wait another day.

Looking at the sold prices for 3090s on ebay....people are really paying 3k+ for video cards. And of course I had to leave literally tens of them in my cart/cancel them back in Dec/Jan...this insanity has truly has no end.

I mean is there even a limit that will not be breached at this point? 5k? 10k?

Looking at the sold prices for 3090s on ebay....people are really paying 3k+ for video cards. And of course I had to leave literally tens of them in my cart/cancel them back in Dec/Jan...this insanity has truly has no end.

I mean is there even a limit that will not be breached at this point? 5k? 10k?
Could kick myself now for not buying a 3090 last fall when I had the chance, at the time I figured it was safer to wait and hopefully avoid space-invaders / early adopter issues.

Any love/rejection letters from NE yet? 😃

Nope but i have thoight of how this works.

Start time they blast emails, 2 hours later they blast more based on what products are left over from the firdt blast. They fire out a 3rd blast 2 hours after that to winning for whstever is left.

I assume many enter and dont pay or go through with the buy, ir just miss it. So every 2 hours you have a little less stuff to sell.

So i would say, if you dont get an email by hour 4 you didnt win.

Put an AIO on the CPU and it's an instant "liquid cool system" ... I thought most of what they did was that same Corsair like AIO

did anyone attempt to get 6800xt midnight edition from AMD.com/digital river cluster fuck?

did anyone attempt to get 6800xt midnight edition from AMD.com/digital river cluster fuck?
It was supposed to have been a quiet release to give Team Red members a chance to get one. Then sites started running news of it up the flagpoles, which just opened the door for bots to be made ready.

PC Gamer deserves a good dose of DDoS for this shit.

One guy on my AMD chat support team was able to snag one. I was not. They sold out in seconds. I never actually saw an add to cart button, and I was watching.

Somebody high up at Amazon has decided that scalping is good for business and to allow the bots free reign and in fact I strongly suspect some AWS employees are in on it, up until Jan it was still possible to add to cart and checkout 1/50 or 1/100 times but now the stock vanishes in less than a second. Smells like an inside job...also Amazon makes $$$ on the first sale and then again on the third party sales for the same product so a win for everyone at AMZN right?

Another day of lots of video cards on the shuffle.

1617812323273.png

1617812349228.png

so many 3060s though....

here is to 2 more rejections!

Time we have a discord hangout rejection drinking game party.

Newegg is pricing me out of the shuffle.

Even for mining intent I'm not willing to pay $1000 for a 3070 card and a random bundled lesser chipset motherboard.
3070's mine no better than 3060TI for ETH, and 3060TIs were supposed to be < $400. Newegg isn't scalping as hard as ebay, but every shuffle the prices seem to tick up, and make no mistake - Newegg is scalping.

Newegg is pricing me out of the shuffle.

Even for mining intent I'm not willing to pay $1000 for a 3070 card and a random bundled lesser chipset motherboard.
3070's mine no better than 3060TI for ETH, and 3060TIs were supposed to be < $400. Newegg isn't scalping as hard as ebay, but every shuffle the prices seem to tick up, and make no mistake - Newegg is scalping.
Newegg is certainly overcharging, but it's still a bit different from scalping. We've reached the threshold where retailers have realized the supply is so low that they can charge in line with scalpers, and rely on the benefits they provide that a scalper does not (an actual store and record so you get a receipt and warranty, a return window, etc.) Worst case they know the bots will eat them up even if no one selects them in the shuffle.

Considerations for mining and old pricing are no longer valid. Those prices are gone and will never return. It's entirely possible 3060s will be 1k retail by the end of the year, with other cards hilariously higher than that. or the market will reach a plateau and prices will normalize or even fall, but that is unlikely.

Newegg is certainly overcharging, but it's still a bit different from scalping. We've reached the threshold where retailers have realized the supply is so low that they can charge in line with scalpers, and rely on the benefits they provide that a scalper does not (an actual store and record so you get a receipt and warranty, a return window, etc.) Worst case they know the bots will eat them up even if no one selects them in the shuffle.

Considerations for mining and old pricing are no longer valid. Those prices are gone and will never return. It's entirely possible 3060s will be 1k retail by the end of the year, with other cards hilariously higher than that. or the market will reach a plateau and prices will normalize or even fall, but that is unlikely.
I'll disagree.

If ETH EIP 1559 takes place in July as expected, you'll start seeing cards available in a massive way at that time, because the crypto miners will stop having interest in buying more new cards, and in the few months that follow you'll see the secondary markets flood with ampere cards. Nvidia has already said to point in time in product launch they've manufactured and sold more cards than in the Pascal or Turing generation. So with that in mind there have been a LOT of ampere cards sold - even though we wouldn't know it as a Joe American customer who can't buy a card through traditional channels.

If EIP 1559 takes place it'll drop profitability for crypto mining immensely. All the GPU hashing power targeting the most profitable coin, ETH, will move to other altcoins, and begin to slowly dilute those profits to the point there is nothing significantly profitable against the cost of electricity and heat generation against Air Conditioning this summer. GPUs will be liquidated on the secondary markets thereafter as we saw in late 2018 and 2019. This will take a couple months to unfold after the July implementation, but it will occur if EIP 1559 is implemented.

Three main things could prevent this prediction:
  1. ETH skyrockets in price. Say doubles or triples current value. Where interest in ETH and growing more widely used ecosystem overcomes lost gas fee profitability for miners
  2. BTC skyrockets in price. (BTC is the crypto tide that lifts or sinks all alt-coin ships)
  3. EIP 1559 enforcement is delayed, or cancelled. (This wouldn’t surprise me. ETH has warned Proof of Stake is coming for years and it has never transpired).

The horizon to ROI $1000 3070 cards is drawing tighter by the day if EIP 1559 implementation stays on schedule. It's tight enough now I don't want to hassle with it. Cards at MSRP or closer will still ROI before July, but for this types of overpriced cards - you are starting to gamble against known coming restrictions.
-----

I do agree that this demand will surely set MSRP prices higher again next generation -- regardless of manufacturing costs. (As could be argued they did for Turing)

Last edited:
I'll disagree.

If ETH EIP 1559 takes place in July as expected, you'll start seeing cards available in a massive way at that time, because the crypto miners will stop having interest in buying more new cards, and in the few months that follow you'll see the secondary markets flood with ampere cards. Nvidia has already said to point in time in product launch they've manufactured and sold more cards than in the Pascal or Turing generation. So with that in mind there have been a LOT of ampere cards sold - even though we wouldn't know it as a Joe American customer who can't buy a card through traditional channels.

If EIP 1559 takes place it'll drop profitability for crypto mining immensely. All the GPU hashing power targeting the most profitable coin, ETH, will move to other altcoins, and begin to slowly dilute those profits to the point there is nothing significantly profitable against the cost of electricity and heat generation against Air Conditioning this summer. GPUs will be liquidated on the secondary markets thereafter as we saw in late 2018 and 2019. This will take a couple months to unfold after the July implementation, but it will occur if EIP 1559 is implemented.

Three main things could prevent this prediction:
  1. ETH skyrockets in price. Say doubles or triples current value.
  2. BTC skyrockets in price. (BTC is the crypto tide that lifts all alt-coin ships)
  3. EIP 1559 enforcement is delayed, or cancelled.

The horizon to ROI $1000 3070 cards is drawing tighter by the day if EIP 1559 implementation stays on schedule. It's tight enough now I don't want to hassle with it. Cards at MSRP or closer will still ROI. At this point, for this overpriced cards - you are starting to gamble against known coming restrictions.
-----

I do agree that this demand will set MSRP prices higher again next generation -- regardless of manufacturing costs.
Or everyone gets word of the next darling coin, and they all jump on that coin to skyrocket its price, and we're exactly where we are with ETH. With only a few hours of downtime for miners. I really, really hope I am wrong.

Alternatively, that could just mean more scalpers will scoop up the cards, and we're in exactly the same situation as we are now.

Or everyone gets word of the next darling coin, and they all jump on that coin to skyrocket its price, and we're exactly where we are with ETH. With only a few hours of downtime for miners. I really, really hope I am wrong.

Alternatively, that could just mean more scalpers will scoop up the cards, and we're in exactly the same situation as we are now.
As a reluctant miner, I hope you're wrong and the craze dies down in July. Would like to use my hard fought for 3090 for you know, gaming, instead gaming on my 3060 SFF rig since the 3090 is too valuable for mining lol. Amazed though that this little thing can pump out Doom Eternal TAG P2 at a solid 75 fps+ at 3840x1600 in ultra nightmare mode, I think my old 2070s had some trouble with it though supposedly faster.

These have been trickling out past few days, and in/out of stock all day today. 3070 version comes with ASUS Dual 3070; 3080 version a TUF 3080. The latter obviously the better buy.

$1599.99 ASUS - ROG Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 512GB NVME + 1TB Spinner
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...070-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455823.p?skuId=6455823

$1999.99 ASUS - ROG Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 512GB NVME + 1TB Spinner

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...080-2tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455824.p?skuId=6455824

1617825558414.png

Last edited:
These have been going in and out of stock past few days, and even in the past hour. 3070 version comes with an ASUS Dual 3070, the 3080 version supposedly comes with a TUF 3080. The 3080 version is obviously the better buy. If you have a BB birthday coupon, now's the time.

$1599.99 ASUS - ROG Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 512GB NVME + 1TB Spinner

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...070-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455823.p?skuId=6455823

$1999.99 ASUS - ROG Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i7-11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 512GB NVME + 1TB Spinner

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...080-2tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455824.p?skuId=6455824
My Bday coupon expired last week. I just couldn't find anything that was allowed that was a good deal that I wanted

Amazon truly is a lost cause. The one click buy still makes you confirm your shipping address and payment method. By the time you do that the card is long gone. I've seen three 3080's in stock on amazon when I first click the discord link today. I clicked one click buy on all three and didn't get any of them. Stupid. This has happened to me hundreds of times. I keep thinking I'm so close, surely I'll get one like this. Nope. Hasn't happened in 3 months. I'm such a dope I keep clicking on all of them. I reached out to Amazon today in frustration. They said that's the way one click buy is designed. Well it's hardly one click then is it? And we mere mortals with fleshy fingers will never beat a shopping bot network if they make us confirm our purchase intent 2-3 times.....again. Stupid.

Messaging Assistant | Customer Service

So, what can I help you with?
2:44 PM
Managing my payment, Prime, or account
Sure, let me know which of these things you need help with.
Something else
Type a little about what you'd like help with so I can get you to the right place.
One click buy isn't one click
Ok, you can chat with an associate now or request a call back.
You can also go to your Customer Service hub to fix most things or to search help pages. What do you prefer?
Chat with an associate now
2:45 PM
If you have details you think would help the associate, type them here.
An associate will join the chat.
M
Muthu has joined & will be ready to chat in just a minute.
I have enabled one click buy for hot items that go out of stock in an instant.
Muthu | Customer Service
Hello, my name is Muthu.
M
However when I click buy now, it always asks me to confirm my address
and by the time I confirm my address the product is 100% of the time sold out again.
How do I truly get 1 click buy
I see it in stock because of alerts setup several times a day
I've not been able to check out because of the address confirmation screen despite hundreds of times trying.
If the one click buy was actually a one click buy I could purchase the item I feel confident.
2:46 PM
Muthu | Customer Service
I understand your concern.
have you received the email from our end ?
M
2:48 PM
what e-mail?
2:49 PM
Muthu | Customer Service
To your Email address.
M
yes I see that
Muthu | Customer Service
Thanks for confirming.
M
okay -i'll screenshot and reply
Muthu | Customer Service
Have you replied to the email ?
M
2:50 PM
just replied with screenprint
2:51 PM
Muthu | Customer Service
have you updated your address book?
M
2:52 PM
I stripped out every address except my default and it still made me select the address when I use the one click buy button
my wife added two addresses back in since I deleted all the others
but it doesn't matter - it always seems to make me confirm my address selection
and as I noted, on a hot item, that takes too much time.
2:53 PM
Muthu | Customer Service
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Let me check this for you.
M
2:55 PM
Thank you
just seems like "one click buy" would really be one click.
2:55 PM
Muthu | Customer Service
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GU224Z5TL5RBQTJA
you select Buy Now on any product page, we'll charge the default payment method on your account and deliver to your default address. You can check whether the delivery and payment information are correct in the Buy Now pop-up, or on the order review/checkout screen, before placing your order.
its normal that it does this you will still show this information so this is normal there is no way to by pass
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GU224Z5TL5RBQTJA
you can read it here
M
2:58 PM
I read that
but those settings are already in place currently
I have 1 click enabled for this browser
I have a default address and payment method selected
if there is no way to disable the address confirmation then I guess there is no way for a human to beat the shopping bots. :(
2:59 PM
Muthu | Customer Service
Yes, but still its normal to ask for the address
I am sorry for the inconvenience
M
3:00 PM
okay -- thanks
Muthu | Customer Service
You're welcome.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
M
not anything further, no. Thank you
Muthu | Customer Service
Thank you for contacting Amazon.
M

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think it used to be a true 1 click. But they had too many issues with customers ordering to an unintended address.

so now its simply a cart bypass to checkout.

Any error during Amazon checkout = it was already OOS. That's it. The "ship to this address" re-confirm is just a false error, and a symptom for it already being OOS. Amazon's not actually trying to speedbump the checkout process, just an error.

If you couldn't Buy Now -> Place Order in two clicks, it was already OOS.

Last edited:
Back