[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I've just been trying to get a 5900x/5950x for a few months. It used to be no one would buy the $500+ CPUs; now that's all anyone seems to want.
5950x was up on AMD.com yesterday for a fair clip longer than any of the GPUs.

it's gotta be way more than 100 entries per card. But even then, multiple people winning a handful of times on the same account and others winning zero, is highly suspect. And by that I mean, something is up with Newegg's system.
I got nothing against people. But I do think their is some prioritization going on in their algo. May be if you get selected and you buy it gives those people higher probability of sale and selects them more often. Just a thought lol. I have seen few people on twitter that were pumped about being selected 5+ times.

I got nothing against people. But I do think their is some prioritization going on in their algo. May be if you get selected and you buy it gives those people higher probability of sale and selects them more often. Just a thought lol. I have seen few people on twitter that were pumped about being selected 5+ times.

In fairness, I know several people who have 5-10 accounts entering everyday even though it is against the TOS. I mean if you have 10 times the chances, you're going to win more often.

it's gotta be way more than 100 entries per card. But even then, multiple people winning a handful of times on the same account and others winning zero, is highly suspect. And by that I mean, something is up with Newegg's system.

if they don't already, they should just put a shuffle freeze on winners for like 7 days or something. not that it stops you from making a new account and trying again but something.

if they don't already, they should just put a shuffle freeze on winners for like 7 days or something. not that it stops you from making a new account and trying again but something.
My experience says they do, I have never won twice in the same week, my first two 'wins' were 3 weeks apart.

If you guys want to get a decent idea of what the real number of people entering the shuffle is per card we can use statistics to get an idea.

We'd just need to to count about the total number of times people here have entered without winning.

I can say if they have about 100 entries for each card they offer you expect about a 25% chance of any one person getting a win after 30 attempts. My guess is they probably actually get a bit more than 100 people per card. If it's 200 then you'd expect to have about a 14% chance at having won something after 30 tries.

If you guys want to get a decent idea of what the real number of people entering the shuffle is per card we can use statistics to get an idea.

We'd just need to to count about the total number of times people here have entered without winning.

I can say if they have about 100 entries for each card they offer you expect about a 25% chance of any one person getting a win after 30 attempts. My guess is they probably actually get a bit more than 100 people per card. If it's 200 then you'd expect to have about a 14% chance at having won something after 30 tries.
I'd guess you are looking at thousands of entries per day per item. The shuffle has been shared by nearly every tech site and youtube channel. My guess you are looking at a minimum 10k-20k per item. Lets not forget that there are lots of people and scalpers that create multiple accounts just for the shuffle.

I'd guess you are looking at thousands of entries per day per item. The shuffle has been shared by nearly every tech site and youtube channel. My guess you are looking at a minimum 10k-20k per item. Lets not forget that there are lots of people and scalpers that create multiple accounts just for the shuffle.
We do sometimes have people here actually win at the shuffle, though it's rare. If they're really getting 20,000 entries per item then the chances of any person here actually qualifying for a video card in 30 tries would be about .15%, or you'd expect about 1/600 people to have won. Considering some people here have qualifed, it's probably a much higher chance than that.

I've got three different devices open with please wait happening....how long does it normally take to tell me im screwed or I got lucky?

Best buy dropping. Don't think we get a shot. Please wait dreaded sign. I think bots are grabbing everything lol. I got was on site before shit even went live.

Rofl. That shit sold out. Bots definitely found a way. Get in instantly humans have no shot. I think bots are mostly grabbing these. It didn’t used to be this bad.

If you all notices before it would never be this slow to people actually waiting. Never ran out this quick. Queue is definitely bypassed now by bots.

so dumb, I got the notification, opened it, clicked the link...still sitting at please wait...

Been please air for 11 mins out. It should be please wait while bots check out. Haha.

so dumb, I got the notification, opened it, clicked the link...still sitting at please wait...

Yep being bypassed by bots now definitely. Their queue has been like this for last few months now. You can be first to get it but never get add to cart sign and even when you do it out of stock

Rofl. That shit sold out. Bots definitely found a way. Get in instantly humans have no shot. I think bots are mostly grabbing these. It didn’t used to be this bad.
The site has been fundamentally broken for me since January. Used to be able to get to initial checkout where you play the location game. Now the site just eternally says "Please wait...".

Seems like no matter what I do, I'm doing it wrong. Kind of depressing, really.

The site has been fundamentally broken for me since January. Used to be able to get to initial checkout where you play the location game. Now the site just eternally says "Please wait...".

Seems like no matter what I do, I'm doing it wrong. Kind of depressing, really.

It’s bots. I got 3 cards and even sold one here at msrp. All before January. People went to work on bypassing their queue I think. Someone was bragging about grabbing 10 6700xr bypassing their queue. So queue is literally broken now and we were hoping they would patch it. It’s like real people wait while bots are checking out and please wait sign won’t disappear until you refresh.

Best Buy was an example last year for me and now it’s reall a disappointment.

Welp, shortly after it went 'Sold Out', I refreshed and it put me back in the 'Please wait...' queue. I have no idea what's going on.

Welp, shortly after it went 'Sold Out', I refreshed and it put me back in the 'Please wait...' queue. I have no idea what's going on.
There's another round of FE cards going. I see the same thing.

I almost had a 3090. Went oos right as I was submitting payment... Lame...

I have a feeling all the bots have a way to bypass the waiting stuff. There is either very little stock on this drop or the bots are nabbing them up.

I have two tabs open for the same product still stuck on 'Please wait...'. The initial drop @ 11:40 EST and the second one @ 11:50 EST. Gonna ride it out, for science.

Hah. Seconds after I posted, they both went back to 'Add to cart', which upon clicking leads to nowhere. Been there, done that before. Typical sign the drop is over.

I almost had a 3090. Went oos right as I was submitting payment... Lame...

I have a feeling all the bots have a way to bypass the waiting stuff. There is either very little stock on this drop or the bots are nabbing them up.
Me too on a 3070. OOS at shipping.

I was looking at my screen on my phone and clicked within 1 second of live link, cant get to cart. I hate bots.

Back