[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Had no luck getting anything at MC this morning. They only got 6 3060s in and gone to the campers.

iGPU (and a good one), fastest single core, highest FPS in niche games, supports Z490 if you already invested in that...
Those things only offset its negatives against Ryzen, meaning it should probably be the same price out of the gate. Definitely not $100 more and certainly not $200.

The 11900k is a "waste of sand."
Technically that's the 11700K. :)

Those things only offset its negatives against Ryzen, meaning it should probably be the same price out of the gate. Definitely not $100 more and certainly not $200.
Yup. I got a kit that had a 3080, Z490, PSU, case, WC in it - so I am "stuck" with a build...opted to go with an 11900K versus 10th gen (only $150 more). Want the best of the best so that's why I didn't bother with 11700K (better binning + ABT which is Intel's PBO2).

Already have the 5950X in a build and I had nothing but problems with a 5800X. Probably just bad luck but I do know Intel tends to be more reliable than AMD (although 11th gen at launch is challenging that, lol).

Last edited:
iGPU (and a good one), fastest single core, highest FPS in niche games, supports Z490 if you already invested in that...
The 11900k is a "waste of sand."
This launch price is a cash grab to get those willing to buy because it is the newest and latest thing.

If it drops to $400 or a bit below in the next six months, then I would consider it as an upgrade on my existing platform. Too far down the road and I'll be tempted to wait for whatever comes next... but that means another full platform change.

Last edited:
Newegg Shuffle is early today. It's open now with the same 5950 bundles as yesterday, some 3070's and some 3090's.

Shuffle ends at 12 EST, 9am PST.

Who is looking to replace a 10th gen Intel processor with the 11900k on a Z490 motherboard? The IPC gains are minimal and you don't get full PCI-E Gen 4 support. It's a complete waste of money.

https://media.tenor.co/videos/b09591f78d01e7df4080c4464a9d88be/mp4
mp4

Who is looking to replace a 10th gen Intel processor with the 11900k on a Z490 motherboard? The IPC gains are minimal and you don't get full PCI-E Gen 4 support. It's a complete waste of money.
PCIE4 not being supported is not true. Most boards do. It's $150 more to get the latest CPU. I figure why not. Would rather have the fastest Intel to go along with my fastest AMD.

PCIE4 not being supported is not true. Most boards do. It's $150 more to get the latest CPU. I figure why not. Would rather have the fastest Intel to go along with my fastest AMD.
I hope you don't own an ASUS Z490 motherboard. They only support PCI-E Gen 4 on one PCI slot. There's no support for PCI-E Gen 4 SSDs.

I hope you don't own an ASUS Z490 motherboard. They only support PCI-E Gen 4 on one PCI slot. There's no support for PCI-E Gen 4 SSDs.

Yea I know about that one. Also I have a Asus Z490 motherboard z490-e strix gaming, it was in the prebuilt. The damn ethernet in it doesn't work either. I haven't spent too much time on it but did follow some guide on line. Some people have gotten it to work but nothing for me. I can't believe they are allowed to sell broken board with ethernet flaw. I am using wireless which works so I didn't bitch too much but man how intel and partner havent been sued for their gigabit ethernet issue in z490 is beyond me. If they did I must have missed it.

Yup - Z490-E. Nothing I can do, unfortunately. Was part of the Bitspower Titan X 1.2 kit that had a 3080 FTW3 Ultra in it. Not going to complain. No regrets spending $150 more to get the 11900K versus the 10900K. Especially since I may build a Filecoin node.

Not sure how reliable this is, used chat at BestBuy, actually got a real agent vice IBM phony AI dude, anyways ask for next drop/availability for Nvidia RTX 3080, he indicated late April.
Maybe they needed to go back to the drawing board on fighting bots and they're holding off until they feel confident on that, remember the screenshots of someone supposedly buying a whole bunch of FE cards during the last drop?

O wow. Thank you so much for this. I did received a link in November for the rtx 3080. But was at work, and missed the window. Just emailed support yesterday (hit reply from the notified email in Nov), and said I missed the notification email and if it is possible to get one now. Just got an email back said they would send another notify email as 1 time courtesy. Just finished the order. I owe you a drink whenever you get to the DC area.
Just got delivered by UPS. Thanks again to DPI and EVGA. I'm like a kid at Xmas

Added pic for backplate.

Attachments

• 20210330_152905.jpg
    20210330_152905.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210330_152930.jpg
    20210330_152930.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210330_153312.jpg
    20210330_153312.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210330_154047.jpg
    20210330_154047.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Not sure how reliable this is, used chat at BestBuy, actually got a real agent vice IBM phony AI dude, anyways ask for next drop/availability for Nvidia RTX 3080, he indicated late April.
No BB agent knows anything about any drop so it's a waste of time. Notifications about drops ahead of time aren't something circulated to employees apparently, and the ones I know swear employees find out about a drop same time as the public.

There's been speculation that perhaps BB delayed a GPU drop to re-tool their wait-queue system, because it came to their attention that a certain bot had demonstrated an ability to bypass it during last week's PS5 drop as well as one before. I did see it work. So a delay may not be a bad thing.

Last edited:
No BB agent knows anything about any drop so it's a waste of time. Notifications about drops ahead of time aren't something circulated to employees apparently. The BB employees I know swear employees find out about a drop same time as the public.

There's been some speculation that perhaps BB delayed a GPU drop because it came to their attention that a certain bot had demonstrated an ability to bypass the wait-queue on last week's PS5 drop, and a drop before. I did see it work. So whether there's a delay to re-tool, who knows.

So true. I think people are better off then asking the reps. Unless a launch is publicly announced they don’t know anything about drops.

I do think Best Buy might be working on something. Because they have been running out way quicker then previous drops. Each time I got in quick I was able to get a card but now they have been out quick or add to cart never shows or shows after it’s out of stock. Plus either way they will have more stock stash if they don’t wait longer.

No BB agent knows anything about any drop so it's a waste of time. Notifications about drops ahead of time aren't something circulated to employees apparently, and the ones I know swear employees find out about a drop same time as the public.

There's been speculation that perhaps BB delayed a GPU drop to re-tool their wait-queue system, because it came to their attention that a certain bot had demonstrated an ability to bypass it during last week's PS5 drop as well as one before. I did see it work. So a delay may not be a bad thing.
Maybe they should do it the old fashion way, sell them in the store. One per customer, one per credit card for a given period of time etc.

I forget who does this, a caption with an equation where you have to figure out the answer and put it down.

Maybe they should do it the old fashion way, sell them in the store. One per customer, one per credit card for a given period of time etc.

I forget who does this, a caption with an equation where you have to figure out the answer and put it down.

micro center?

Well they probably will starting after the covid guidelines are lifted. Next year should be back to normal in store lines for shopping.

lol...who's got time for that?

Poor people who dont have jobs. Or retired / laid off people maybe? I mean, I want gpus as well, but there is a limit as to what ill do to get one. I am not going to camp out overnight in a sleeping bag to get a gpu... Who has time for that. I guess they dont do anything else in life..

Last edited:
lol...who's got time for that?
People who are counting on reselling crap as a job. Take a look at the contracting industry. Company A contracts with Company B to provide employees for a specific time period, say one year. If they hired actual employees, say they would pay them $35 per hour and offer benefits. Instead of doing that, they can "save money" by contracting with Company B (who is probably owned by a college buddy or relative) for $70 per hour. They don't have to do interviews, pay any benefits, or deal with the costs of laying off employees after a year. Company B contracts with Company C to provide employees for $50 per hour, so they can pocket $20 per hour minus expenses. Company C is probably owned by a relative or buddy of Company B. Company C contracts with Company D to provide employees for $35 per hour and there are 100 qualified people fighting for 5 jobs. 3 of the people who get those jobs are relatives or buddies with the owner of Company A, B, C, or D and may or may not actually be qualified. 2 people have to do the work of 5 and are out of work a year later to start over again. And during that year, the contract changes hands and they end up working for a different contractor.

You just have to find your slot. The people camping at Microcenter are Company B I guess. But, the joke is on them if they are accepting PayPal and get 1099-K'd. My state requires a 1099-K for only $600 in sales.

Poor people who dont have jobs. Or retired / laid off people maybe? I mean, I want gpus as well, but there is a length I wont go to get one. I am not going to camp out overnight in a sleeping bag to get a gpu... Who has time for that. I guess they dont do anything else in life..
Come on, what is the difference sleeping in nice comfy bed or next to BB on the urinated sidewalk? Same amount of time dreaming.

Back