[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

A few laptops with RTX 3080

GIGABYTE AORUS 15G - 15.6" 240 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10870H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 8 GB GDDR6 - 32 GB Memory - 1 TB PCIe SSD - Windows 10 Home - Gaming Laptop​

$1999.99
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834725124

MSI GP66 Leopard 10UH-244 15.6" 240Hz 3.5ms Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-10870H RTX3080 32GB 1TB NVMe SSD Win10 VR Ready​

$2349.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SVXYZVX/

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
A few laptops with RTX 3080

GIGABYTE AORUS 15G - 15.6" 240 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10870H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU 8 GB GDDR6 - 32 GB Memory - 1 TB PCIe SSD - Windows 10 Home - Gaming Laptop​

$1999.99
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834725124

MSI GP66 Leopard 10UH-244 15.6" 240Hz 3.5ms Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-10870H RTX3080 32GB 1TB NVMe SSD Win10 VR Ready​

$2349.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SVXYZVX/
I am guessing those are both the low wattage “max-q” variant of the 3080..?

Today's shuffle is getting started. 5950Xs are the highlight.
1617034640481.png

1617034664735.png

I am guessing those are both the low wattage “max-q” variant of the 3080..?
Yes mobile 3080 performs between desktop 3070 and 3060ti. It's almost 50% faster than mobile 2080 iirc. Not sure if there are 3080m with different voltage like the earlier chips, probably..
i know if i do ill just get picked for the 3090...
Hey the 3090 strix is a hot piece of ass rn. Could trade it for any other card and get good bit of cash.

Basically false advertising IMO
It's pretty simple for people like us but yeah, general public it is a bit misleading.

Basically - if it's a "thin and light" laptop don't expect the full mobile GPU. If it's a chonk version expect the full GPU.

I'm a "thin and light" guy and all of the GPUs are - for the most part - about the same. I went with the 3070MQ because it offered the best package. The 3060 ones tend to be cheaper components around it (duh), and the 3080 ones tend to have overkill stuff like 32GB of RAM...

It's pretty simple for people like us but yeah, general public it is a bit misleading.

Basically - if it's a "thin and light" laptop don't expect the full mobile GPU. If it's a chonk version expect the full GPU.

I'm a "thin and light" guy and all of the GPUs are - for the most part - about the same. I went with the 3070MQ because it offered the best package. The 3060 ones tend to be cheaper components around it (duh), and the 3080 ones tend to have overkill stuff like 32GB of RAM...
Yeah most ppl just see 3080 not 150 watt tdp is right around what a desktop 2060 draws.
Speaking of power draw, I think the desktop 3070 is a very efficient card for what it can do compared to other cards

And yeah you can add your own extra ram if you decide you need it

Wally world had the biggest Xbx drop ever, live for a minute...easily able to get one.
Also 'won' the 3070 KO + 550 strix on the raffle today. Sucky prices but hard to say no in this market, guess will have to upgrade my spare rig's 3060 to this, 25% higher hash rate for same power draw can't be refused :)

Last edited:
My dell arrives tomorrow, which was the estimated ship date so gj Dell.
Probably time to order some more prebuilts. B&h restocked a bunch of 3080s this morning. 5am my time. 8am est. East coasters already got micro centers, plus b&h...as Biden would say come on man. On ebay people are buying the alienwares sans gpu (or with a $30 card since the cheaper Intel options don't have integrated graphics) for $1200+.
Did the Dell arrive safely today?

Reminder the most anticipated Best Buy GPU drop in the history of Best Buy drops is this morning 3/30/21.

Last edited:
Remember the most anticipated Best Buy GPU drop in the history of Best Buy drops is this morning 3/30/21.
What time?
Am I allowed one card only, or can I get 2 cards if they are different?
Ive lost every time, so why would I get 2 lol?
Is there a trick to actually get a card to the end faster than a bot?

Got my bi-weekly rejection letter from Newegg Shuffle
Moping about rejection letters kills testosterone and bums everyone out. It doesn't matter. Mindset matters more. Staying proactive, and eventually getting that dream GPU - completing that missing piece of yourself - finally and truly equipped to fritter your life away at 120 frames per second playing gay videogames with space aliens every night while the world passes you by.

And proactive starts with signing up for B&H email notifications, whichever of these may interest you, but probably not everything: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/wishlist.jsp#/723610c87cfeb656545b736c6ffd3709/

Because you see B&H has their own shuffle but they're doing it in secret - no public announcements - but based on notifications. And according to a rep, all their new stock goes to this system now, not the website. And maybe you'll get an email like this:

1617090410627.png

Or maybe not. It doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Moping about rejection letters kills testosterone and bums everyone out. They don't matter. Mindset matters more - staying proactive, and eventually getting that dream GPU. Completing that missing piece of yourself. Finally and truly being equipped to fritter your life away at 4K 120 frames per second playing gay videogames with space aliens every night while the world passes you by.

And that's why you should sign up for B&H email notifications, whichever of these may interest you, but not everything: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/wishlist.jsp#/723610c87cfeb656545b736c6ffd3709/

Because you see B&H has their own shuffle but they're doing it in secret - no public announcements - but based on notifications. And according to a rep, all their new stock goes to this system now, not the website - except for cancelations. And maybe you'll get an email like this:

I just signed up for a handful of cards. We’ll see how it goes. I could use one more 3000 series card. I think I signed up for a notification for a few other cards months ago though too. Thanks for that.

Moping about rejection letters kills testosterone and bums everyone out. They don't matter. Mindset matters more - staying proactive, and eventually getting that dream GPU. Completing that missing piece of yourself. Finally and truly being equipped to fritter your life away at 4K 120 frames per second playing gay videogames with space aliens every night while the world passes you by.

And that's why you should sign up for B&H email notifications, whichever of these may interest you, but probably not everything: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/wishlist.jsp#/723610c87cfeb656545b736c6ffd3709/

Because you see B&H has their own shuffle but they're doing it in secret - no public announcements - but based on notifications. And according to a rep, all their new stock goes to this system now, not the website - except for cancelations. And maybe you'll get an email like this:

A few bad eBay experiences with fake sellers and then my new card having issues with the MFG not addressing it got to me because I let it.
You are right about the negativity.
Sorry for spreading that around to you guys.

I am signed up with EVGA and B&H.
It likely takes a while to get to my position on the list.
It was only a month ago for each list I signed up for.

Its not impossible to get called up on the lists because a few on here have recently got the emails.
Hopefully in a few ore months!

I just signed up for a handful of cards. We’ll see how it goes. I could use one more 3000 series card. I think I signed up for a notification for a few other cards months ago though too. Thanks for that.
I signed up for notifications from 2060 to 3090 and everything in between just like I do on the Shuffle.
More entries more chances to win.
If they come thru and I dont want them, there will likely be someone on here who does.
The people on here who have done that are great, and I want to do that too if I can.
I wouldnt have gotten a 5900X except a cool guy Undertaker helped me out!!

I signed up for notifications from 2060 to 3090 and everything in between just like I do on the Shuffle.
More entries more chances to win.
If they come thru and I dont want them, there will likely be someone on here who does.
The people on here who have done that are great, and I want to do that too if I can.
I wouldnt have gotten a 5900X except a cool guy Undertaker helped me out!!
I need one more card, I have one 3080 but I need another of 3060 Ti, 3070 or 3080 then after that I’ve got 2 people local that need cards then I’ll buy more that I can if I can and resell on places like this for a minor markup, like $30-40.

I’ll be lucky to get the one I need though 😂

First time I swung by MC this early in the morning and there are people in sleeping bags out here now lol. Line isnt that long at 8am. About 15 people I would say. Insane people camp out over night for this shit.

Last edited:
Wish B&H sold EVGA oh well. So what time potentially could we be looking at for this Best Buy GPU drop? They sell the card I want and less the that China ran Newegg. LOL

First time I swung by MC this early in the morning and there are people in sleeping bags out here now lol. Line isnt that long at 8am. About 15 people I would say. Insane people camp out over night for this shit.
Yeah, at least in MN they nuked the "WaitWhile" virtual queue so you have to camp to get a shot. It is crazy. I'm out, man. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Well the PO sold out in minutes everywhere. Grats to those that got it for $580 before Newegg hiked the price up.

Why not both? :)
The limited availability makes me want to keep as a spare. I have sold a few local friends cards at cost so I'll check with them. If not i may keep the second and dabble in mining as i have not tried it yet.

I entered for the 5950X, the 3070's, and the 6800XT for the heck of it. I'll sell them at cost if the magic algorithm chooses me.

I did not enter for the 11900K, and I just don't understand the pricing at all. Is it the fancy box?

The limited availability makes me want to keep as a spare. I have sold a few local friends cards at cost so I'll check with them. If not i may keep the second and dabble in mining as i have not tried it yet.
Was referring to the 5950X and the 11900K. :)

Weird how everyone jacking up the price on the 11900k while AMD being sold at msrp even with it's huge demand.

Back