[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I’m curious - how many of you guys buying prebuilts are just using that system vs. taking the GPU and reselling the rest?

At minimum use what you like from the prebuilt and use the rest for a friend or family member is what I would do personally. I fully understand trying to sell off parts to recover some costs but in this market just sink the costs and move on. If the costs can't be absorbed -- don't over extend financially for PC gear. My 2c
I feel like if I was going to spend that money I'd just use the prebuilt computer.

I feel like if I was going to spend that money I'd just use the prebuilt computer.
You can still right now build a really nice gaming desktop machine with a 3080 from Alienware for about $2.3K and slickdeals has an absolutely beastly Alienware 3080 Max P based 17” laptop for <$2400 right now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14918348-a...outriders-game-2-369-05?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

That laptop is stronger than probably 95% of the desktops on this enthusiast forum.

Doesn’t make sense to pay $2k for the 3080 alone as people do every single day on eBay.

I am returning my asus. Asus was replacement only but newegg poilcy is they refund you if the item is not in stock. So That is being dropped off asap. I ordered this below. I have another ABS. Other then the Case which I have 2 nice ones sitting from previous builds lol. I am planning on just replacing the cases later in to my own.

This got less ram but given I already got a 3090 ABS system they seem to test their shit. Asus sounds like put a broken video card in a new built system and shipped it off to newegg. Just surpised my vidoe card memory was giving me space aliens out of box. And ASUS had the AIO fan blasting at full speed out of the box, sounded like a jet engine, had to change that in bios and then when stress tested the system the space invaders came all over the screen and reboots occured.

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali502/p/N82E16883360097?Item=N82E16883360097

I am returning my asus. Asus was replacement only but newegg poilcy is they refund you if the item is not in stock. So That is being dropped off asap. I ordered this below. I have another ABS. Other then the Case which I have 2 nice ones sitting from previous builds lol. I am planning on just replacing the cases later in to my own.

This got less ram but given I already got a 3090 ABS system they seem to test their shit. Asus sounds like put a broken video card in a new built system and shipped it off to newegg. Just surpised my vidoe card memory was giving me space aliens out of box. And ASUS had the AIO fan blasting at full speed out of the box, sounded like a jet engine, had to change that in bios and then when stress tested the system the space invaders came all over the screen and reboots occured.

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali502/p/N82E16883360097?Item=N82E16883360097
I think the Alienware deal on slickdeals is a bit better than that ABS deal. (If you have the 10% off code)

I think the Alienware deal on slickdeals is a bit better than that ABS deal. (If you have the 10% off code)
I don't think Alienware will get here Monday. I will pay 100 extra to get it 2 months faster I guess. I already read some things on alienware cases, heard they are jet engines lol. So that kept me away as well. I think you are referring to laptop, but I honestly haven't used a laptop in ages. Got a work one and that is enough.

Today's shuffle brings more overpriced video cards.
1616776058351.png

I’m curious - how many of you guys buying prebuilts are just using that system vs. taking the GPU and reselling the rest?

I actually used the computers lol. I sold my own system and plan to swapping the prebuilt case to my old case lol. I have few other parts to sell as well from previous rig. All the parts I sold almost paid for my 3090 prebuilt rig lol.

I got the second system because I am just going to sell the old parts and get 700-800 out of it and call it an upgrade. 10 core intel and 8 core intel should serve the purpose for some time to come. Although I wish more options with AMD prebuilt were handily available. Newegg seems to be making ABS builds with those finally but they are priced another 300+. So makes it for an easy decision for me.

Last edited:
No guarantees but eyes peeled on BB this morning, starting 7AM PST/10AM EST

The Hotstock mobile app on Android/iOS is weirdly fast and consistent when it comes specifically to Best Buy drops. It sucks for most other stores, but BB it's on point. So I will set a 3080 FE as the one free monitorable item in the app (because if an FE card is dropping, everything is dropping), deselect all stores except BestBuy, and wait.

View attachment 342367

So 2 PM today if not then may be next Tuesday again? lol.

well BB dropped PS5 again lol. May be videocards are coming right after? Keeping the excitement going.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I recall, in the past when BBY had a console drop, they didn't have a GPU drop the same day, so we're likely to get that next week.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if I recall, in the past when BBY had a console drop, they didn't have a GPU drop the same day, so we're likely to get that next week.

From what I recall the PS5 drop usually happens later in the day than the GPU drop. So it's not a great sign that there was a PS5 drop already.

Not that the past is definitive of the future.

Also, Newegg added a super-overpriced white Strix 3070 to shuffle.
1616778868443.png

From what I recall the PS5 drop usually happens later in the day than the GPU drop. So it's not a great sign that there was a PS5 drop already.

Not that the past is definitive of the future.

Also, Newegg added a super-overpriced white Strix 3070 to shuffle.
View attachment 342452
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-ROG-S...172519?hash=item44787c0fa7:g:wu0AAOSwpOZgS-L-

This is why Newegg is asking this much for it.
Average eBay price is around $2400 for it, but there are people asking $3K

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
its just crazy. I was looking around on ebay earlier and even things like a base 1050 are 200 dollars used....

EVGA notification queue people:

If EVGA sent you a notification buy-link but you missed it (or ignored it), and you email them and tell them you missed it and ask for a new link, they may re-issue one within 12-24hrs. An acquaintance ignored his 3090 buy link back in Nov, and today requested a new buy link and got one.

They will check your account to see if you were notified for the product in question. Time is of the essence since they may change policy if they get flooded with requests.
O wow. Thank you so much for this. I did received a link in November for the rtx 3080. But was at work, and missed the window. Just emailed support yesterday (hit reply from the notified email in Nov), and said I missed the notification email and if it is possible to get one now. Just got an email back said they would send another notify email as 1 time courtesy. Just finished the order. I owe you a drink whenever you get to the DC area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-160630_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-160630_Email.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like the screenshot posted in this thread yesterday of the botted AMD drop got some attention on r/AMD
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/md5fyi/amds_webstore_is_a_failure_for_real_customers/

Perhaps AMD will talk to Digital River and some adjustments will be made before the next drop. Nvidia really sidestepped the drama of direct sales by farming out their FE's to Best Buy.

View attachment 342494

And that was only tip of iceberg of bots scoring upon hundreds of AMD CPU's and GPU's. So we'll see.

View attachment 342498

Damn.

Back to bestbuy side of things. Of any of the most recent drops, has anything come out on Saturday or Sunday?

Looks like the screenshot posted in this thread yesterday of the botted AMD drop got some attention on r/AMD
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/md5fyi/amds_webstore_is_a_failure_for_real_customers/

Perhaps AMD will talk to Digital River and some adjustments will be made before the next drop. Nvidia really sidestepped the drama of direct sales by farming out their FE's to Best Buy.

View attachment 342494

And that was only tip of iceberg of bots scoring upon hundreds of AMD CPU's and GPU's. So we'll see.

View attachment 342498

Heh, that was me. So I had joined up on all the discord groups I could find a weeks back hoping to snipe something (hasn't helped...) and yesterday afternoon I had at least 3 different groups where one or more people were bragging about the number of GPUs they got. Not one card scored with a bot, but multiple people talking about getting multiple completed orders each.

Anyway, I got a bit belligerent and decided to post something. I'm not mad at these guys really. Maybe they're trying sell cards to feed their kids or something, I don't know. It does make my blood boil that companies like Digital River don't make any apparent effort to stop them from gorging on the limited stock.

Aside from that, put me down for 0-22 on the Newegg leaderboard.

Or DLSS, which for some games puts the 3060/3070 in a different performance category compared with the 6700/6800.
This is why Im ditching the 6800 in lieu of the 3080
Plus I am having pc freezes and crashes after using this card and never have before.

Last edited:
LMAOOOO

These guys are animals man.

So apparently some nerds got wind of Officedepot.com having 2-3 3080's models in stock and 1 3090 model. The entire website was down the moment that news spread on discord channels. Try officedepot right now even, look how slow it is lmao!

Got my first selection on the shuffle... slept through the notifications woke up an hour after it expired. Working nights sucks sometimes.

My dell arrives tomorrow, which was the estimated ship date so gj Dell.
Probably time to order some more prebuilts. B&h restocked a bunch of 3080s this morning. 5am my time. 8am est. East coasters already got micro centers, plus b&h...as Biden would say come on man. On ebay people are buying the alienwares sans gpu (or with a $30 card since the cheaper Intel options don't have integrated graphics) for $1200+.

My dell arrives tomorrow, which was the estimated ship date so gj Dell.
Probably time to order some more prebuilts. B&h restocked a bunch of 3080s this morning. 5am my time. 8am est. East coasters already got micro centers, plus b&h...as Biden would say come on man. On ebay people are buying the alienwares sans gpu (or with a $30 card since the cheaper Intel options don't have integrated graphics) for $1200+.
Ill look and see what they got. My BS prebuilt comes Tuesday

Back